"Turn your Hearing Aid up!"

. . . They got to understand that the consequence of turning up volume making it worst. . . .

I saved myself time and trouble by telling him, "I can't turn it up. It's turned up all the way". They walk away with embarrassment like they wished they never said it. Just look at them in the eyes and say, " It's turned all the way up, whats next?

I saved myself time and trouble by telling him, "I can't turn it up. It's turned up all the way". They walk away with embarrassment like they wished they never said it. Just look at them in the eyes and say, " It's turned all the way up, whats next?

:blah::roll:

I don't get upset over things I can control, because if I can control them there's no sense in getting upset. And I don't get upset over things I can't control, because if I can't control them there's no sense in getting upset.

When a person says this to me--I will fly off the handle and tell them what I think of them. And if no apology is forthcoming--I wouldn't hesistate to smack them beside the head.

I don't care if it's a boss or not.

It's just like going to the doctor's office and he is telling you to lose weight when he himself is 100 pounds over weight!

Why use a hearing dog?

Nothing wrong with tapping your shoulders.

What about interpreters? Don't you have an interpreter for your meetings?

I don't get upset over things I can control, because if I can control them there's no sense in getting upset. And I don't get upset over things I can't control, because if I can't control them there's no sense in getting upset.

I'm not saying 'blah blah' on u, I was talking abt ur boss 'blah blah' on u to turn up ur volume. . Sorry if I put emoticon looking like it. Peace
Catty

I think I might have said this in some other thread but I will say it here. What helps me when someone says that - - if they will shut up and listen to me, I ask them if they remember the adults talking in the charlie brown show's and they say, oh, yeh, I remember that. And then I say, do you think if you turned up the tv that you would suddenly understand what they were saying? Usually I dont' get any more trouble after that.

I'm not saying 'blah blah' on u, I was talking abt ur boss 'blah blah' on u to turn up ur volume. . Sorry if I put emoticon looking like it. Peace
Catty
Good idea!!! Next Time I'll go Blah blahblah.. I might get asked to stay overtime. Thats the problem. The bosses have so much ego power over you in small ways that can't be seen.

Good idea!!! Next Time I'll go Blah blahblah.. I might get asked to stay overtime. Thats the problem. The bosses have so much ego power over you in small ways that can't be seen.

:rofl2:

It is very true that Bosses have so much ego power over employees (As proud as Peacock fluttering on his chest!!!). Bet he'll pay you OT for :blah::roll:

I managed to smash my supervisor's ego by telly to my boss what he did to me and what he won't let me. After I spoke with my Boss, I went happily gaily :fruit: walking out of his Boss's office while my Boss radioed his "Underlings" to shut up and let him have it!! Supervisor frowned at me and was :pissed: :giggle: It was kinda mean tho but this'll teach supervisor don't mess with me!! (Cuz I was a former assistant supervisor and my boss know me well enuf tho)

Catty

When a person says this to me--I will fly off the handle and tell them what I think of them. And if no apology is forthcoming--I wouldn't hesistate to smack them beside the head.

I don't care if it's a boss or not.

It's just like going to the doctor's office and he is telling you to lose weight when he himself is 100 pounds over weight!

No wonder people think all deaf people are angry and mad all the time! You will "fly off the handle and tell them what I think . . . " And you're how old???

I wear hearing aids and I don't do that. However, if you did that to me and then "smacked me beside the head," I'd have your job in minutes and you'd be joining the traffic heading to the unemployment office, possibly wearing handcuffs, too, with an assault charge to boot.

Most people don't realize how stupid they're being. I had a professor last semester who was incredibly inappropriate with my use of a FM system. She was constantly saying "Can you hear me?" (like a Verizon commercial!) and announced to the class on the first day that she needed to wear a "special microphone" for me! She announced my name to the class! I repeatedly told her to please stop and that I'd let her know if I needed help, but it got to be too much hassle. I reported her to the office of disabilities on campus and the director wasn't thrilled. I dropped the class and I'm using interpreters this semester - MUCH easier!

I had to use an FM system when I took some classes at a local community college several years ago. Although no one called undue attention to it, I still felt very self-conscious. I had to show all my profs a paper (explaining about section 504 or whatever) and sometimes explain how to use it. Sometimes with classmates nearby.

I later decided to take some ASL classes (because I thought I signed more like PSE) and I had a Deaf teacher. I already knew her from the Deaf Club. I was rather puzzled when my classmates seemed unable to communicate with the teacher. I liked the ASL classes because the FM system was not an issue.

Funny how differently people look at things. I know for a fact that I frustrate bosses because I do not hear what they say. I expect them to have some trouble with the situation and am apologetic about it. I am by far and away the most hard of hearing worker that most here have had to deal with. I encounter all manner of rude and obnoxious in the course of my dealings with bosses. It goes with the territory. How are they going to learn if I do not be there and be able to laugh at myself a little? It is awkward at times for people to adjust to me. There is a line in there where I have to turn off the happy smile and turn ugly. And I do and they don't like it. That is too bad. Happy smile does not equal push me around. It is a shame that we have so little real training for leadership positions in our society.

Man, what an asshole. I'd file a complaint, if that doesn't work, sue his ass.

Yiz

Because I have been so isolated in my experience it is an eye opener what other people in my shoes think. I am glad for this forum.

...I was wondering if I could find a dog that will recognize, "Turn your hearing aid up" and have the dog to run to his office and rub his butt on his carpet.
I like that plan! :rofl:

...I was wondering if I could find a dog that will recognize, "Turn your hearing aid up" and have the dog to run to his office and rub his butt on his carpet.
I like that plan! :rofl:

At least your boss does stuff you can directly talk to them about. I had a boss that marked me down on my evaluation because I used to let my staff (i was an assistant director) talk to the parents instead of me. It was a noisy environment and most of the parents had accents so i couldnt understand anyway, and i got marked down, and when i tried to explain it they said i should have told them i was doing this from the start. ?Sorry that its something i just do naturally?
sorry, a bit off topic!
*EQL*

At least your boss does stuff you can directly talk to them about. I had a boss that marked me down on my evaluation because I used to let my staff (i was an assistant director) talk to the parents instead of me. It was a noisy environment and most of the parents had accents so i couldnt understand anyway, and i got marked down, and when i tried to explain it they said i should have told them i was doing this from the start. ?Sorry that its something i just do naturally?
sorry, a bit off topic!
*EQL*

Nah, You're not off the topic. Thanks for your reply. This part of my life is over. Well, I mean, as a Christian, I may view as God using the deafs as a sign to the public. What I mean is, somehow, throughout my life, I leave a ~trail~ of mishaps or destruction like angles doing the work of the show in the public while I move on in life. You'll have to recognize the signs. My boss is out of the job as well as myself. 7000 workers got laid off because of an immoral business move during the Wall Street burps. Usually, many years later, our rude pals get what goes around comes back around. We're almost, always, the innocent folks managing the hard times in our lives but it seems to me God's Angels work hard to mark the evils on their forehead for display on judgment day while we see the the brilliant, glorious treasures in our mansions down the diamond covered streets.

:rofl2:

is it nice for a boss to tell you to turn your hearing aid up in front of workers. The workers laughed of course. That's embarrassing. Perhaps a hearing dog would help.

well, that is very humiliate! Hearing boss doesnt understand what is deaf. He should study the files of you! So he can learn about you and handle to get along with. The boss must be understanding.

Back