Trinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Trinity Biblical? -- Grace Bible Church

I do not beleive in Trinity because those word "Trinity" is not found in Scripture. It doesn't say that three person in one God.

I beleive in one God, not 3 in one God.
I find it interesting that you are posting a link that supports the Trinity. Did you read and understand it? It was full of very clear explanation supporting the Trinity, and specifically answered your statement about the word "Trinity" not being in the Bible.

Here is some interesting history on the doctrine of Trinity and it's defination... The History of the Doctrine of the Trinity, Rene Growcott

What do you think? :)

And when one prays, notice for most Christian, at the end of the prayer, we say IN Jesus's name Amen... We normally pray TO Father/Holy Spirit, but finishes IN Jesus's name because we have to go thru Jesus first before we could get to God. Same as when judgement day comes, Jesus, the Son does the judging and not God, the Father.

What do you think on each roles? :)

Here is some interesting history on the doctrine of Trinity and it's defination... The History of the Doctrine of the Trinity, Rene Growcott

What do you think? :)

And when one prays, notice for most Christian, at the end of the prayer, we say IN Jesus's name Amen... We normally pray TO Father/Holy Spirit, but finishes IN Jesus's name because we have to go thru Jesus first before we could get to God. Same as when judgement day comes, Jesus, the Son does the judging and not God, the Father.

What do you think on each roles? :)

I noticed something on John 5:24 "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life."

John 5: 28 "Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice"

John 5:29 "and come out- those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned."

If we accept Jesus as the sacrificed for our sins, we will cross over into eternal life.

But, I thought God will be the one who judged us, and Jesus will be involved. :dunno2:

I noticed something on John 5:24 "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life."

John 5: 28 "Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice"

John 5:29 "and come out- those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned."

If we accept Jesus as the sacrificed for our sins, we will cross over into eternal life.

But, I thought God will be the one who judged us, and Jesus will be involved. :dunno2:

Hmm... I was taught differently? heh. Gimme some time to think it over? ;)

Am trying to find something to support to what I was taught? I do want to put some inputs to your response, Cheri ;) Need some more time as I'm cooking lunch for the client. ;)

Am trying to find something to support to what I was taught? I do want to put some inputs to your response, Cheri ;) Need some more time as I'm cooking lunch for the client. ;)

Ok, Sure take your time. ;)

Taking the English translations of The Holy Bible or any religious tract or any translated writing of any kind as literal is doomed to failure.

Of course you will not find the actual word “trinity” in most translations of The Holy Bible, as the word didn’t find its way from Latin into the Middle English language until the 1200s.

Go back to the beginning of Christianity. Because Jesus spoke Aramaic, all his words and actions were remembered by others in that tongue, mostly by word-of-mouth, then gathered by translators into Greek (don’t ask me why, but Greek was the “language of the learned” in Rome). You can sure see why gospel and gossip, both terms for “word-of-mouth” have similar roots.

However, as many have pointed out, the concept of trinity is there for scholars, most who are wise enough not to select a single word or phrase or even passage out of context and build an entire philosophy on it.

An example of isolating one word to argue endlessly is found in the Hebrew bible (a generic name for the Jewish version or Tanakh) coming down to us in Hebrew. Many English translations follow the King James version stating the sixth commandment given to Moses was “Thou shalt not kill.” If you take that literally, it doesn’t say animals, so we can’t even uproot plants, much less hunt or raise livestock for food.

But in the nearest English translation to the original Hebrew, the message is “You will not murder.” The differences in meaning are huge, and makes lots of arguments seem really foolish.

As in all writing, meanings are there for those who search.

I mentioned in another thread, off topic, regarding the Trinity so here I am.:fingersx: I have heard that on many American University campuses that Muslims are handing out tracts/pamphlets that say that we Christians worship THREE Gods, not the ONE!! This causes a lot of confusion and a lot of time and energy has to be spent explaining the Trinity, a complex (for me, too) thing to understand.

Therefore, we must double our efforts to fully understand the Trinity because it doesn't get talked about much but it is a very foundational concept of our belief. We must be prepared for the day we are handed a tract by a Muslim and a discussion begins. I understand, in general, that many Muslims are questioning their own belief so if we have a discussion with one of them, we need to be knowledgeable about this and LOVINGLY try to correct their misconception about the Trinity. Btw, this also goes for all such folks, not just the Muslims. It is just that the handing out of these tracts on such a grand scale got my attention.

We believe that God has always been known as the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. For me, personally, this has been the most ignored (not intentionally) part of my belief because it is difficult to understand. So, let's prepare thoroughly for the day we meet others who say we believe in three Gods. I have not been there yet but someone told me to check out www.insight.org[url] Maybe some of you will beat me to it but please, by all means, do. :ty:

"This supports my thoughts more when it comes to using "In Jesus's name" the role of trinity. . . ."

There's good scholarship in there, Sleepy. Each piece we're able to fit into place gives us a better view of the infinite puzzle.

I find it interesting that you are posting a link that supports the Trinity. Did you read and understand it? It was full of very clear explanation supporting the Trinity, and specifically answered your statement about the word "Trinity" not being in the Bible.

Did I said that those link, I provide to support my agreement? Nope, I only provide the link to show you all why I do not beleive in Trinity.

It doesn´t mean that I agree when I find the link interesting or show you all why I don´t beleive in or whatever. I said in my thread "God vs Religion" that I AGREE with those link which mean I AGREE with the website author.

I notice some of you think we are agree when we provide the links - look at the example of Mann_05´s thread. "Do God has an emotion". It doesn´t mean that Mann 05 agree with link, she provided in her thread but just show interesting link. *shake my head*

Next time, please don´t make an assumption because I never say that I agree with link. :ty:

Leibling, if you do not believe in the Trinity, please tell me what you believe in. I tried to ask you that somewhere else. It looks like you like to argue and disagree for the fun of it, like a sport or something. What do you personally believe in....in this area we are discussing? I don't need URLs, etc, just your words will be good enough. If you decline, that's fine, too.

Leibling, if you do not believe in the Trinity, please tell me what you believe in. I tried to ask you that somewhere else.

Please re-read my first post #21.

I personally believe in one God, not 3 in one God what I said in my first post #21 remains.

I already said in several threads that I beleive Jesus Christ is Son of God, not God. I was raised to beleive in Jesus is Son of God until I learn from Christians in AD Forum that Jesus is God which I disagree to. I try to see the logic but the logic about Jesus is God doesn't support my view. I sometimes beleive in Jesus Christ is son of Mary & Joseph and then next beleive in Jesus is Son of God. I personally beleive that God and Jesus are not same person accord their different personality. I learn their personality thru the bibles. I love to learn about bible history when I was at school...

It looks like you like to argue and disagree for the fun of it, like a sport or something.

Are you accuse me for that?

The fact is I like good debate with logic which is a good education for me. I want to understand and want to try to understand the logic to ANY interpretation of bibles. Their interpretation of bible helps me to see the logic. I am very open and see the logic. I saw for a first time that the interpretation of bibles are not same thru AD Forum. It opens my eyes.

What do you personally believe in....in this area we are discussing? I don't need URLs, etc, just your words will be good enough. If you decline, that's fine, too.

I hope my answer to satisfy your question.

Posting without introduction or comment is almost always a veiled challenge, but also almost always lacks the courage of conviction. Saying it's an interesting thing I saw on-line or in some unnamed publication is mostly smokescreen to advance a private agenda or stir trouble.

Most of the hateful ideas floating around the internet are wishful-thinking and totally made up to inflame or amuse the easily incited or diverted.

It does get extremely tiresome when it just goes on and on and on.

Did I said that those link, I provide to support my agreement? Nope, I only provide the link to show you all why I do not beleive in Trinity.
That link shows proof supporting the Trinity. How does it show why you don't believe in the Trinity?

It doesn´t mean that I agree when I find the link interesting or show you all why I don´t beleive in or whatever. I said in my thread "God vs Religion" that I AGREE with those link which mean I AGREE with the website author.
That link's author said he supports belief in the Trinity. Do you agree with that author?

Next time, please don´t make an assumption because I never say that I agree with link. :ty:
It's very confusing when you post links that are the opposite of your statements.

Explain here

Shield-Trinity-Scutum-Fidei-English.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back