Trapped Coal Miners in Utah

WTF does Lindsay Lohan have to do with the miners??? I have not heard anything different other than they drilled in to what they called a "survivable" chamber and tapped, and was met with silence so they believe the workers are not there or are injured that they cannot tap back. This is absolutely nervewracking for the families of the miners that are trapped. It seems like they are taking too long to find anything.

As for GPS and beacons they are useless in this situation. My biggest fear is that they survived with critical injuries and have bled out and bled to death. The mine owner doesnt seem too concerned about the miners or their families, so he must be a real piece of work, IMHO.

... My biggest fear is that they survived with critical injuries and have bled out and bled to death....
I hope that's not the case. I hope they survived and will be rescued, but if they didn't survive, I hope they died quickly in the initial cave in. It would be really awful if they discover that they lived for a while and suffered. :cry:

Hey Puyo, you ever go up to the Ape caves up by your house near Mt St Helens. Im with ya on the cave fear. I was so damn scared there, thought I'd have an anxiety attack.

Yupp I've been there when I was little too. It was amazing inside there but still scary, imagine if the ceiling collasped and rushing on us.. I agree, it was so scary..

It takes too long to take them out! They drilled the wrong hole at the first place. sigh! Pray they are alive, if not then hope they died quickly without suffer. Pray for them!

They remind me of movie ... "Alive" one person have to eat dead passenger to survive.

Now there is further problem with rescue. Tonight there was another accident involving rescuers in mine. At least 9 injured, 2 critically. It's on MSNBC tonight. That is very sad to see the ones trying to get to the trapped miners have this fate. I don't even know if they will get to the trapped miners alive. Its been, what, 10 days now? I just don't know; am very saddened to hear all this happened.

This Morning... if you hadn't heard, 3 of the rescue workers were killed during the rescue effort also 6 injured miners too :(:(:(

This Morning... if you hadn't heard, 3 of the rescue workers were killed during the rescue effort also 6 injured miners too :(:(:(

Yeah, it is so sad. Bringing more depressing report. My prayers out for the family who are rescuers and also the missings.

Oh my, I have not read any news today. That is sad. I will keep everyone involved in this mine in my thoughts and prayers. If the rescuers died trying to save the others, this tells me this mine is abnormally unsafe. I still hold out a glint of hope for the trapped miners but my heart sinks thinking about the reality that it has been much more than a week, and I doubt anyone could surivive a week in those conditions in which the trapped miners are believed to be in. I continue to pray for the families of the still trapped miners. I am assuming they are not going to call off the search until they have successfully located the miners dead or alive.

I was hoping they ll continuing to search but they were suspend due to 3 men dead and others injuries. I dont know if 6 men will live any longer. They were longer. Will have enuff air and water? Pray for them!!

As someone asked earlier.. Why mine for coal?!?! Who else is still using that black rock?

That's too bad about the miners. Hope everyone else left is found safe or, at least, alive. I have been to the Park City's mine museum. It was friggin' cold down there when I went in July many years ago!

why do we need Coal for?

Men risking their lives to get those Coal, why?

You need it to keep your house warm in the winter. We also depend on it for our electricity. It is oldest technology, and we still use the coals. We should thank our coal miners to do it for us. We all know that it is a huge risk job.

We wanted to get better technologies like green energy (windpowers, solar panels, etc), but they are not enough to provide us because they are so expensive.

You need it to keep your house warm in the winter. We also depend on it for our electricity. It is oldest technology, and we still use the coals. We should thank our coal miners to do it for us. We all know that it is a huge risk job.

We wanted to get better technologies like green energy (windpowers, solar panels, etc), but they are not enough to provide us because they are so expensive.

oh I see.

Back