Trapped Coal Miners in Utah

hohDougRN

Reaction score
Has anyone heard about trapped miners in coal mine in central Utah? My uncle happens to work at this mine as engineer, but thankfully he is safe. Supposedly, they are close to establishing communication with them. ksl.com - Drill Closing in on Utah Miners

I've been following the news on TV. Hopefully they will know something soon.

I was wonder why rescue took so long try help mines inside there?.
It's because they have to drill thru the mountain. It takes a long time to drill thru all that rock.

It's because they have to drill thru the mountain. It takes a long time to drill thru all that rock.

interesting. there is have alternative hole for escape emergency?. I don't expert about mines with federal laws.

Such a dangerous job but many love what they do in the mines. Hope the miners are ok.

I was wonder why rescue took so long try help mines inside there?.

Well there was increased seismic activity that was delaying with clearance of the caved in areas. In fact it was first hypothesised that a small earthquake caused the cave in. Sounds like they are leaning away from this now. Taking so long as well due to the size of the cave in that they have to break though. sounds like they care gettin gclose though.

That's why I refuse to work in mines! I hate small caves, scary...

I, also have been following this as well, still holding out 'hope' for these trapped miners. My thoughts and prayers to them as well as to all the people involved in the rescue attempt.

~RR

That's why I refuse to work in mines! I hate small caves, scary...

Hey Puyo, you ever go up to the Ape caves up by your house near Mt St Helens. Im with ya on the cave fear. I was so damn scared there, thought I'd have an anxiety attack.

There still no sign the trapped miners. They are going to try and drill 3rd bore hole to try and establish some sort of communication. With last hole drilled down to tunnel 1900 ft down they put camera to try and see signs but there was no success. Now I am scared they are not going to find them alive; its just that so much time is gone by now. :|

This sure is scary as I've been watching it closely myself too even though I'm not an American...

They should think about putting maybe GPS on themselves so people can know where they are located at.... Can imagine going down 1900 feet.. ack... never mind me as I'm scared of Height can't imagine the cold dark places..

Bless their hearts for doing this kind of job...

They all and their friends/family are in my prayers and thoughts....

or a beacon so they can be found... i think they should have included that on clothings or something.. so no time can be lost and they can be found sooner.

I don't think a GPS signal can go thru all that rock. :dunno:

Yeah GPS...

yeah they put one on Lindsay Lohan... but
none on Miners...

Next time all Miners should wear GPS.

I wouldn't mind working as Miner, they make good money.

Back