Tornado outbreak

tornado outbreak? That's a new phrasing I've never seen....

o_O

Huh.. the article uses "outbreaks" to describe them.. just seems so.. odd.. sounds like a disease epidemic!

But I digress-- hopefully the damage will be minimal and everyone in the path(s) of the tornado(s) are safe.

What would you do when tornado is coming to you?

Does your building/room comes with blue tornado flash alert?

What would you do when tornado is coming to you?

Does your building/room comes with blue tornado flash alert?

Odd thing is, the last time Chicago was hit with a tornado was 40 years ago this year. Since then, no tornado had hit the city.

Always prepare....always.

I know. I remember one year there was a twister that had touched down in Will County (far southwest side of the county), and it kept going until it reached Indiana, where it dissapaited, and there were questions about wether it would hit the city (it didn't, but it came close), and people were freaking out over its path.

Tornadoes is no strangers to the plain states and thats why many houses have basements as a shelter in place.

Weather is just nuts, Florida also gets water spouts when we're in the middle of a major tropical storm.

Weather is just nuts, Florida also gets water spouts when we're in the middle of a major tropical storm.

Speaking of which.......

23420546_BG1.jpg

Lake Michigan gets them, too, but not quite as often as Tampa does. These are commomly seen around September or October, I believe.

I'll stick with our weather here in California. Most of you have had a terrible winter and now tornado warnings. We get an earthquake around ever 25 years and even then the damage is not as severe as those huge tornadoes that hit all the time.

I'll stick with our weather here in California. Most of you have had a terrible winter and now tornado warnings. We get an earthquake around ever 25 years and even then the damage is not as severe as those huge tornadoes that hit all the time.

IL has been the victim of a few of these the last couple years. We have had three EF4 tornadoes hit the state since Feb. 2013, and it's only a matter of time before we're hit with an EF5, something that hasn't happened since Plainfield, IL in 1990.

True, but aren't they claiming the"Big One" is overdue? :shock:

^^ they say this about earthquakes here in NZ.....which isn't a comfortable thought...but usually never happens...but when it does...SHTF...and well its best to be at least a little bit prepared at all times, like stock pile a weeks' worth of clean drinking water and refill it with fresh once a month....(i do that, just in case) and have first aid kits at least half full with clean bandages easily find, also a bag of info papers to take away in case a flood or house smash up....all this to say a few forethought's goes a long way in preparation, do it small, quietly but it pays off handsomely in terms of all the hassles you can have rid in the first place....i guess most of us should be doing that, its just common sense and well guess people are too complacent or lazy, or just too afraid of being 'too silly' its not really...being ignorant of hassles is silly....

^^ they say this about earthquakes here in NZ.....which isn't a comfortable thought...but usually never happens...but when it does...SHTF...and well its best to be at least a little bit prepared at all times, like stock pile a weeks' worth of clean drinking water and refill it with fresh once a month....(i do that, just in case) and have first aid kits at least half full with clean bandages easily find, also a bag of info papers to take away in case a flood or house smash up....all this to say a few forethought's goes a long way in preparation, do it small, quietly but it pays off handsomely in terms of all the hassles you can have rid in the first place....i guess most of us should be doing that, its just common sense and well guess people are too complacent or lazy, or just too afraid of being 'too silly' its not really...being ignorant of hassles is silly....

Ah, but in my case, if any property or storm damage occurs, or we lose power, I must have emergency numbers on standby, ready to use, and then take the appropriate actions, as determined by staff once I've made contact, should that become necessary, but I'm hoping not.

Made contact with what? An invasion force or something? What the hell are you talking about?
Any sunny sky outbreaks coming?

Made contact with what? An invasion force or something? What the hell are you talking about?
Any sunny sky outbreaks coming?

Nothing that concerns you. And right now, the sun is coming up, a beautiful morning here in Chicago now, but give it 12-16 hours, and see if I'm singing this tune or not. I'll be keeping a close eye on today's and tomorrow's weather into Monday, so that I know what to expect. Thankfully, I have both Local Weather from AccuWeather.com - Superior Accuracy™ on my tablet here and severe weather alerts on my phone. Hmm, that reminds me-- I need to see if that's active or not. However, given that it's been much cooler here than normal, either something happens or it doesn't. Goes either way today, because we did hit 62 yesterday, so it's a possibility

Oh go have fun......you see a tornado coming run as fast you can right into it...
Just make sure you. Have your shades on...

Oh go have fun......you see a tornado coming run as fast you can right into it...
Just make sure you. Have your shades on...

Dude..... one hasn't hit here in 40 years. Just a thought.

Back