Tolerance for GLBT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
deafdyke said:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!
First of all, the media is NOT "liberal" Countless studies have shown that even "libral" papers are quite conservative.
If that is the case, why do these "conservative" media use politically correct liberal terms?

Second of all....... not all libral people are sexually libral.
Who said that they are?

God, equating homosexuality with things like promestcuity, is EXTREMELY wrong!
I was giving you examples of the difference between the politically correct terms and the traditional terms. I wasn't equating any thing; I was showing the contrasts.

Most of the other kinks exist b/c of people being into the KINKY factor of things! Yes, there are a few GLBers who are GLB b/c to them it's just so exotic and KINKY and TrEnDy!:barf:
Who brought up "kinky" stuff? Not me.

But most GLB people are GLB due to other reasons. And the term alternative lifestyle makes it sound like our lives are completely different from hetrosexual folks. Our lives are pretty simlair
I guess you are referring to someone else's post even though you are addressing me. I didn't say anything about the way you live.

Oh, and Reba.......did you know that sodomy isn't nessarily a certain type of sex? (I don't want to get graphic) It can ALSO mean acts that go outside the missonary position.....Oh, and the reason why sodomy has pretty much disappaeared as a word is b/c it is innaccurate. The traditional interpretation of that story is that the Sodomites got destroyed b/c they engaged in that sort of stuff. But the Bible says that Sodom and Gommorah were destroyed b/c of INHOSPITALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The word "sodomy" has not "disappeared".

Why do you copy and past this paragraph into nearly every discussion?

I guess it is time for me to step off this merry-go-round, and round, and round....

deafdyke : Sodom and Gommorah were destroyed b/c of INHOSPITALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just because of inhospitality ? Ok, let me check my bible to see, if that is the reason why ....

Jude 1:7
"Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them, having in like manner with these given themselves over to fornication and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the punishment of eternal fire."

The unnatural lusts of the men of Sodom have given us the modern term sodomy, but the city was guilty of a full spectrum of sins includin' pride, oppression of the poor, haughtiness, and "abominable things" ( Ezekiel 16:49-50 ).

I don't find where it stated "inhospitiality" in the bible. Show me where you see "inhospitiality" ....

Sodom and Gommorah were destroyed because of wild kinky sex orgies..

That sounds very hospitalible to me
:giggle:

If we analyzes specific area, they turns to ugly! Do we need it?

Here is good example

We would analyes a flower, we would pick out one by one for close up look and find out what they really are... In the end, what would this flower look like?

Think about it! If we analyes too far, we bound to ruin them.

I dont know if tolerance is a good word here -

this is a definition:
The capacity for or the practice of recognizing and respecting the beliefs or practices of others.

it seems to apply more towards religion - I would think acceptance would be a better word...

The act or process of accepting.
The state of being accepted or acceptable.
Belief in something; agreement.

I think this is closer to what we want...don't you think so too?

Reba.....it has pretty much disappared except for legal terms. And, I repeat. What is meant by sodomy? It's usually taken as a synoym for a particualar type of sex, BUT our Purtain lawmakers defined it as any type of sex (HETRO AND homosexual) that deviated from missionary posistion type. As a matter of fact, some sex posistions are considered sinful for Catholics (and maybe other Christian deonominations)
I will look up the refererance and get back to you lata.
Oh, and if Sodom and Gommorah were destroyed b/c of their attitudes towards sex, it wasn't due to a particualr sex posistion.....It was b/c of their ATTIUDES towards sex. It's sort of like.....the difference between a same sex couple who are comitted (and have been for years and years) and a sex crazed hetro guy who goes to massage parlors reguarly.

I do not see major of Christians have tolerance for glbt. They hurt me somehow for the way they treat them. I would do anything to protect my gay sister who is my true teacher. She was the one who asked God to let me to live here. When I was at near death, everyone accepted me to let me go but my sister did not. Now u know none of Christian people have right to say so about them esp my sister. I knew Jesus Christ has a plan for her and I do not see why anyone would want to destroy and kill their spirits. That is truly sadness for me to be among Christian people. I have no tolerance for them esp when they attack senstive people.

Merry Christmas, see u guys after Christmas.

deafdyke said:
...our Purtain lawmakers defined it as any type of sex (HETRO AND homosexual) that deviated from missionary posistion type.
It was Pilgrims, not Puritans, that came to America. I'm not sure what you mean by "lawmakers". That includes local and national, pre-Revolutionary War and post. Too vague a statement for meaningful response.

As a matter of fact, some sex posistions are considered sinful for Catholics (and maybe other Christian deonominations)
I will look up the refererance and get back to you lata.
Why? Who's interested in Catholic sex positions? Do you ever think about anything other than sex?

Oh, and if Sodom and Gommorah were destroyed b/c of their attitudes towards sex, it wasn't due to a particualr sex posistion.....It was b/c of their ATTIUDES towards sex.
No, it wasn't just "attitude"; it was also their behavior.

It's sort of like....the difference between a same sex couple who are comitted (and have been for years and years) and a sex crazed hetro guy who goes to massage parlors reguarly.
Huh? Oh, I forgot. Same sex couples are committed for years, and hetero people are "sex crazed." Not that anyone is judging.

I getting :dizzy: again.

Reba said:
Huh? Oh, I forgot. Same sex couples are committed for years, and hetero people are "sex crazed." Not that anyone is judging. I am getting :dizzy: again.

Poor Reba - but it can be confusing at times. There are so many definitions and explainations going around - I know I am totally committed to MizzDeaf and wouldnt even dream of cheating on her, yet I know of another gay couple that has cheated on each other at least twice. I also know of two married couples that have had affairs - yet I also know of many couples that have been happily married to each other...and ad nauseum. What I could say down here, would fill a volume, and then some more.

Um Reba.....it was the PURTAINS NOT the Pilgrims!
I should know.....I'm a direct descendant of people who came over on the Mayflower AND I live about thirty miles from Plymouth!
The reason I brought up sex posistions is simple......What one sect of Christianity considers a sin, another one might not. Like for Baptists dancing is evil/ a sin.
And I brought up those relationship examples to bring up the fact, that God probaly judges relationships based on their QUALITY!!!!!! He does NOT judge based on superfical things like whether or not the person I love has an innie or an outie. He doesn't judge people who are in interracial relationships does He? Precisely.....WHY would He say that about GLB people? Does it say in the Bible that souls have a gender? If they don't,then why would He care if I happened to be attracted to women or men?

deafdyke said:
I should know.....I'm a direct descendant of people who came over on the Mayflower AND I live about thirty miles from Plymouth!
It was the Pilgrims. The Puritans didn't leave England; they thought they could stay there and "purify" the Church from within. Pilgrims were separatists. They separated themselves from the Church of England, went to Holland, and then came to North America.

The Pilgrims came to North America on the Mayflower.

(BTW, I am a descendant of William Brewster and Edward Doty.)

I don't expect you to take my word for it. You can check it out at

http://www.mayflower.org/pilgrim.htm

The reason I brought up sex posistions is simple......What one sect of Christianity considers a sin, another one might not. Like for Baptists dancing is evil/ a sin.
OK, so you want to bring up a new topic. I'll bow out because that doesn't really interest me.

And I brought up those relationship examples to bring up the fact, that God probaly judges relationships based on their QUALITY!!!!!! He does NOT judge based on superfical things like whether or not the person I love has an innie or an outie. He doesn't judge people who are in interracial relationships does He? Precisely.....WHY would He say that about GLB people? Does it say in the Bible that souls have a gender? If they don't,then why would He care if I happened to be attracted to women or men?
You know that if I give you truthful answers I will be seen as "bashing" gays and thumping my Bible. In many other threads we have thrashed this out before.

I wish Christian viewpoints could be tolerated as much as homosexual viewpoints.

God judges according to His standards. His standards are clearing presented in His Bible. God's standards are NOT superficial--they are holy. The soul is part of a human who does have a gender. We are just humans and we can't second guess or contradict God. If He says something is wrong, it is wrong. No one can force you to believe or obey God but that doesn't change His laws or judgments.

Interracial relationships have zero to do with homosexual relationships. It is intellectually dishonest to compare the two.

At least your posts prove my point. A lot of preceived Bible-thumping is actually response to homosexual community prodding.

If He says something is wrong, it is wrong. No one can force you to believe or obey God but that doesn't change His laws or judgments.
So how come there is debate over whether or not He says it is wrong? If it was clear and straighforward that He said homosexuality was a sin or was wrong,there wouldn't be debate.
Interracial relationships have zero to do with homosexual relationships. It is intellectually dishonest to compare the two.
Really? Some Christian sects and churches would disagree with you there (and I am NOT talking about Christian Idenity churches....there are also ULTRA-conservative Deep South Bible Belt fundie churches where they claim that the Bible DOES oppose interracial marriage! Need I refresh your memory as to the furor over Bob Jones' policy on interracial dating? Remmy that?

deafdyke said:
So how come there is debate over whether or not He says it is wrong? If it was clear and straighforward that He said homosexuality was a sin or was wrong,there wouldn't be debate.
There will always be debate because people refuse to see the truth, and want to do whatever they want to do.

Really? Some Christian sects and churches would disagree with you there (and I am NOT talking about Christian Idenity churches....there are also ULTRA-conservative Deep South Bible Belt fundie churches where they claim that the Bible DOES oppose interracial marriage! Need I refresh your memory as to the furor over Bob Jones' policy on interracial dating? Remmy that?
That's their problem. What does that have to do with homosexual sin?

BTW, your stereotyping of "ULTRA-conservative Deep South Bible Belt fundie churches" is growing a little thin. But I guess insulting Christians is OK. It is tempting but I won't dignify that practice by using negative stereotyping names for homosexuals.

Reba said:
BTW, your stereotyping of "ULTRA-conservative Deep South Bible Belt fundie churches" is growing a little thin. But I guess insulting Christians is OK. It is tempting but I won't dignify that practice by using negative stereotyping names for homosexuals.

Well, in a way... she's not making it up. Years ago, we had painted images of Ninja Turtles saying "Merry Christmas" on the front window because I was a fan of the TV show at the time. There were a Baptist Christian who visited us and expressed in a very angry manner regarding the image painted on the window.

Not only that, she also used to persuade my family into joining her family while we were perfectly happy with our faith and beliefs. We always respected her for her beliefs, we didn't put her down at all. Yet she didn't show any respect for my family, and guess what? Her daughter turned to be such a troubled person who turned to drugs and going out with bad boy-type guys. She was so worried about that image of the ninja turtle saying Merry Christmas on our window and the other little objections of hers that she forgot to pay attention to her daughter.

I'm not saying all are like that, but there are some people who do such things. I know some of what people said here may be stretched beyond the limit, but sometimes it can become a problem for some families when no respect is being shown for our beliefs.

That's interesting, I'm not saying I don't believe you but I'm surprise some Christians would do that, I don't remmy seeing a Christian person ever come up to my door step, the only ones that bothers us are JW....

deafdyke said:

Former Plymouth Rock resident, its the Pilgrims that came to Plymouth not Purtains

Banjo said:
Well, in a way... she's not making it up. Years ago, we had painted images of Ninja Turtles saying "Merry Christmas" on the front window because I was a fan of the TV show at the time. There were a Baptist Christian who visited us and expressed in a very angry manner regarding the image painted on the window...
Oh, I believe that there are annoying Christians, and some with weird ideas and bad manners. I just don't see a reason for lumping them together with the nice Christians as members of "ULTRA-conservative Deep South Bible Belt fundie churches". Rude people exist everywhere, not just in the "Deep South Bible Belt." :)

I'm sorry that you had such a bad experience with the anti-Turtle lady.

BTW, your stereotyping of "ULTRA-conservative Deep South Bible Belt fundie churches" is growing a little thin. But I guess insulting Christians is OK.
Reba,I am NOT saying that ALL Christians are like that. Two of my best friends are VERY devout Christians......and you know what? THEY think some evalingcial types are a little off the deep end!

EyesBlueDeaf said:
:zzz: is that all you have to say?

Every year, some group want to be called something else...if it's not stewardesses and stewards wanting to be called "flight attendants," it's grease monkeys wanting to be called, "automotive technicians." :roll:

Banjo said:
...Years ago, we had painted images of Ninja Turtles saying "Merry Christmas" on the front window because I was a fan of the TV show at the time. There were a Baptist Christian who visited us and expressed in a very angry manner regarding the image painted on the window...We always respected her for her beliefs, we didn't put her down at all. Yet she didn't show any respect for my family...I'm not saying all are like that, but there are some people who do such things. I know some of what people said here may be stretched beyond the limit, but sometimes it can become a problem for some families when no respect is being shown for our beliefs.

Banjo,

I know what you mean with re to respect. This is sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back