to those who have a pitbull

EvilGurl666 said:
I know cats would like tosmell the babys breath cuz of the warm milk and the cats could suffacate the baby too. Besides I aint a cat fan anyways!!!!! No cats here.

That's just an old wives tale. I can't believe some people are still falling for that one.

I love my pitbull

I had Staffordshire Terrier (Pitbull) for 16 years! I love her, she's been sweet but vicious guard dog! We never had our front door lock, our dog will do her job. believe me, often stranger walks by and see our dog, they just walk away faster. They don't have the guts to try touch us. But funny thing... she NEVER bite anyone! But with any other animals, they better get lost FAST! She had killed snakes, porcupine, cats, wild birds.
Would I want another Staffordshire Terrier? You betcha!

Banjo said:
That's just an old wives tale. I can't believe some people are still falling for that one.
I agree with you, Banjo...it is old wives tale..i started to tell her that but i didnt want to say anything cuz some people actually believe this.....
I had a Siamese cat around when my son was born and he never did bother him at all.....

Banjo said:

My grandma said that to me and that explains it shes OLD!!!!

Tamara said:
Yes Defee,
Cats can bite, so is birds, ferrets, rabbits, rats...............!!!!

So is reptiles. They could deliver nasty or dangerous bites. Monitors and green iguanas pack serious bites. I once saw a picture of green iguana owner's hand full of sitiches. It changed my mind with owning green iguanas. Best ways to avoid them is get know their behaviors like I did with my nasty marbled gecko.
My gecko dont give any serious bites but minor cuts still be dangerous if I dont washing my hands. Only thing I could do is leave it alone unless cleaning time come in.
Another thing, I was victim of vicious attack from neighboring three dogs a long time ago. It so vicious as I dont remember what happening expect my own blood. Their owner had no choice but pull out and take me to hospital quickly. I was lucky to survive that vicious attack and left with big scar on my forehead (later, it became nearly invisible). After what's happening, owner put up the secured fences and I kept stay away from large dogs. I was ok with dogs unless they're vicious. I swore to kill if I was attacking again.....
In San Francisco, there's a law against vicious attacks from dogs. If it happens, fate will be decided by assigned officier - let them live and give a warning to owner or put them to sleep for public's safety.

Defee said:
I agree with you, Banjo...it is old wives tale..i started to tell her that but i didnt want to say anything cuz some people actually believe this.....
I had a Siamese cat around when my son was born and he never did bother him at all.....

Yea at that time when my son was born, I had 3 cats and they never go near him. :D

diehardbiker65 said:
I had Staffordshire Terrier (Pitbull) for 16 years! I love her, she's been sweet but vicious guard dog! We never had our front door lock, our dog will do her job. believe me, often stranger walks by and see our dog, they just walk away faster. They don't have the guts to try touch us. But funny thing... she NEVER bite anyone! But with any other animals, they better get lost FAST! She had killed snakes, porcupine, cats, wild birds.
Would I want another Staffordshire Terrier? You betcha!

Yeah, if you think about getting another one or wait til one day you look for a staffordshire terrier, I have one deaf foster for you can look at her. She is sooooo beautiful.. She looks so serious but she is soo sweetheart and loves to lick/kiss my face...

See Nelly at http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=4053201

Cathy

pooc said:
don't you shoot the dogs for safety?

No Catsaye is being a responsible dog owner. She knows what she needs to do if she faces this kind of situation. I would have done the same if I left with no choice! Sometimes there's nothing you really can do, but have to put it down. :(

Of course I was bite by insects, cats, dogs, etc.

What we mean is real severe attack by pitbull because I heard those stories very often in the newspapers.

I beleive that pitbull are not family dog because they could hurt the children suddenly sometimes. The pitbulls can be pissed if the children hurt them but Golden Retrieve not.

I have no problem with pitbulls. I admit that I am terrified with them. I know a girl that I grew up, her family had a dog that I had no idea what it was...her dog was like 16 yrs old and finally passed away. She mentioned it was a pitbull. Wow....

my neighbor had a pitbull that was violently abused and left to die, he scarred disfuigurements on his back. big scar showing,, looked like he was a fire victim. She rescued him, renamed him Musgy...he recently passed away three weeks ago to heart attack bec he had an enlarged heart, he was 13. he was real good with my kids.

I am ok with them if people know how to handle them very well, not to use them for fighting rings or as their bodyguards. Pit bulls is ok for showing dogs like dog shows...It angers me that people just buy them to scare people off, and doesnt know how to handle them properly. Pit bulls is better off being taken care of by an professional breeder or people who had experiences with pit bulls that does not use them as bodyguard or fighting dogs.

it is sad.

downing said:
I have no problem with pitbulls. I admit that I am terrified with them. I know a girl that I grew up, her family had a dog that I had no idea what it was...her dog was like 16 yrs old and finally passed away. She mentioned it was a pitbull. Wow....

my neighbor had a pitbull that was violently abused and left to die, he scarred disfuigurements on his back. big scar showing,, looked like he was a fire victim. She rescued him, renamed him Musgy...he recently passed away three weeks ago to heart attack bec he had an enlarged heart, he was 13. he was real good with my kids.

I am ok with them if people know how to handle them very well, not to use them for fighting rings or as their bodyguards. Pit bulls is ok for showing dogs like dog shows...It angers me that people just buy them to scare people off, and doesnt know how to handle them properly. Pit bulls is better off being taken care of by an professional breeder or people who had experiences with pit bulls that does not use them as bodyguard or fighting dogs.

it is sad.

yes it is sad when people use them for bodyguard or fighting dogs!

and im so glad that your next door took care of that dog that was rescue.. I was former adopting dobermans from DRU (doberman rescue unlimited inc) for years. till I got so tired of "adopting" I want a long long lasting dog! so we got Jake when he was 6 weeks old (yes he was weaned away at the time and was eating so He was approve to go home)... so since this july he will be 3 years old :)

Wendy

Pitbulls are great dogs

I feel as if the media perpetuates the way the pitbull is viewed. Just as everything else violence and negativity sells, so they choose to attack pitbulls. For example, I live in Nova Scotia and this morning on the radio they were talkin about news stories and they were talking about a babies toes were chewed off by apparently a pitbull down in Alabama or someplace down south in the states, now my thoughts were why am I hearing this? Why are they publicisizing in NS about something that happened in Alabama. Pitbulls are the victims, sure there are some that are vicious, but that is because of the humans in which they have been in contact with. Humas are the monsters that would raise a dog to be vicious and attack other dogs and humans. If you show a pitbull love and respect it will show nothing less back. My boyfriends dad had a pitbull for 10 years and it never showed any agression towards anyone, they had to put it down because he had cancer. This dog would climb up on my lap when we came to visit. I love this link and think people should take a look at it. The Pit Bull Problem

This is the full story, if people are not familiar with it:

Police blames pit-bull puppy for gnawing 4 toes off baby while parents slept

Associated Press
Posted December 12 2006, 3:22 PM EST

BOSSIER CITY, La. -- A pit-bull puppy chewed off four of a baby girl's toes while the child's parents slept, police here said Monday.

The parents were booked on charges of child desertion and criminal negligence and were being held in the Bossier Parish Jail pending an initial court appearance.

Police said the parents were sleeping on a mattress in the living room of their residence and the month-old girl was in an infant seat beside them when the puppy began chewing on their baby's toes.

Mary Shannon Hansche, 22, and Christopher Wayne Hansche, 26, told police they woke up to the sound of the baby crying, found her mangled foot and took her to the hospital about 8:30 a.m. Sunday.

"They did not see the dog injuring the child," police spokesman Mark Natale said.

The girl underwent surgery Sunday at Sutton's Children's Hospital in Shreveport. There was no way to reattach the child's toes, Natale said Monday.

The puppy was 6 weeks old and had no record of receiving its shots and will be quarantined for 10 days to check for rabies. Natale said he did not know what the puppy's fate would be after that.

"The puppy itself was just several weeks old! I mean this was essentially a puppy," Natale said.

"This puppy might have been trying to nurse on the toes of this baby," veterinarian Michael Dale speculated. "I know that sounds a little far fetched, but that's the first thing that comes to my mind."

Teresa Miller, who sold the puppy to the Hansches, was skeptical the dog did it. "He didn't chew on anything while he was with me. Out of all of them (in the litter), he was the least chewy."

Another veterinarian, Dr. Valri Brown, said if the puppy chewed off the infant's toes, it would not have happened quickly. "It would have to be a period of time -- maybe at least an hour," she said.

Meanwhile, the puppy's been quarantined at Bossier City's animal control office for the next 10 days to check for rabies. Natale said he did not know what the puppy's fate would be after that.

When she is released from the hospital, the child will be placed in a foster home until the case against her parents is settled, officials said.

OMG!!!!! I can't believe I'm reading this.....Why in the world is the parent sleeping while their month old baby is sitting in an infant seat beside them and leaving the baby all alone with the pitbull puppy?? Are they out of their freaking mind??...I will never leave my baby or child alone with a dog or a puppy, anything could have happened!!! I can't believe this pitbull puppy was chewing on the baby's toes, that's horrible!!!!!! Poor baby girl

And I noticed this
Another veterinarian, Dr. Valri Brown, said if the puppy chewed off the infant's toes, it would not have happened quickly. "It would have to be a period of time -- maybe at least an hour," she said.

Sounds like the parents were deep alsleep... :shaking my head:

Thanks Reba for posting this story, so sad :(

Oh my gosh...another tragic story involving children. Wow...I am speechless about this recent story..*sighs*

If people are not ready to take care of children, dont have them! Unfortunately sex produces babies and u know how young people are when it comes to sex. *sighs*

Apparently the parents weren't aware that puppies go into their teething stage just like babies do...

Ack. What I don't understand is that the baby is only a month old and they just got a puppy? I wouldn't recommend having a baby then get a puppy shortly after the birth. Both require a large amount of attention at the same time.

(sigh)

Not much that I can do about it, but the parents made a mistake by having the teething puppy and baby in the same room while they were sleeping.

...Ack. What I don't understand is that the baby is only a month old and they just got a puppy? I wouldn't recommend having a baby then get a puppy shortly after the birth. Both require a large amount of attention at the same time.
It doesn't make any sense, does it?

Look Sad but Pony is okay

Attack by two pit bull dogs!

HCSO: 2 Pit Bulls Attack Pony - Local News

My barn is NOT ALLOW Pit bull dogs Period!!!!

&

My friend got puppy and she properly trained it raised till about 1 years old.. All happen fast that When Her dog was attack my horses and Even her horses too She was shock and disbelieve you know when her dog was puppy and playful and watch her to clean the stalls and around horses no problem then till about year old her dog become looking more aggressive and tried to break his leash and stared / drooling at horses for no reason then I told her get her dog and OUT of my barn ... Then later on ... Her dog was restrained her little boy 10 years old down the floor and won't let him go.. Then she put her dog sleep quickly and said NEVER own Pit bull ever again because If she was not around there and sure enought her dog may killed her son! And she runs and pulled her dog off her son! Also she said she have waste her money over hundreds to go dog lesson trained and cost thousand dollars for hired Man to installed In ground electric on her property because Her dog was tried attack the neighbors

She realized that she couldn't save pit bull too ! You know When she got puppy I told her sheesh and "Pit bull Danger"? She says Nah and if properly trained and its will be fine but gulps its not work!

I say if you properly train a pitbull they will be fine. You have to socialize them just like a child, anyone that I've known that has had a pitbull has never shown agression towards a human, myabe an animal but duh....what do you think they were bred to do originally....to fight other dogs so of course they will be more agressive towards other animals, but still my boyfreinds dad had a pitbull (Damien) and a whippit (Simba) and Damien never ever hurt Simba or would ever hurt him and he lived till he was 10. Also in our house we have our pitbull puppy (Joc) and also a mastiff/boxer mix and a german shepard/husky/rotti mix so Joc will be well socialized when it comes to other dogs and humans because we take him to my parents house with my 3 year old sister there and my bf's parents house with his 3 year old cousin and there has never been a problem, they only complain that he licks them too much. He doesnt even pay any attention to them after his initial greeting. People love to stereotype whether its other people or animals, they love to fear and will blame their problems on an animal rather than themselves because it could never be our faults, nothing ever is right?

Back