to those who have a pitbull

Well, the idea of raising a puppy with a child, some parents rather to get a puppy when the child is younger because it shown to have remarkably increased social skills, including the ability to express themselves and forms a healthy bond with the pet but children should always be supervised when playing with a puppy or near it....I agree that raising a puppy can be as difficult as raising a child and I hope that some parents would think twice to make sure they do all the resource before buying a puppy and be aware of the risks involved inculding the behaviors and what it takes to raise a puppy since it could save them from making a mistake and the important thing is that the parents should always keep an eye on the puppy and children when they are together period, there's no if or but or thinking oh it's just a small puppy, anything could happen justl like what happened to this baby :( IMO It's alot of work raising a puppy and a child at the same time, I just hope the parents know what they're doing and that's why most shelters refused to sell puppy during the holidays because usually they buy it for the children than themselves... :sigh:

its not easy gettin puppy and havin baby same time.. my parents did that back in 1972.. got a german shepard and same time i was in my mommas womb and then when i was born, King Ceasar was alreay 11 months old amd he was jealous of me bec he gotten used to my dad bein his master and getting all atteion from him.. then my grandparents can hear him groaning and growling when everytime my dad brought me outrside trying to get us warmed up then he decide let my grandpa have the dog and eventully when i wsa 2 years old we gotten along and everything was fine,.. sadly he passed away at age of 15 .. he is sorely missed.. a good guard dog for my papaws 2,000 acres farm he alwyas bein loose on that farm

The law is one of the worst laws ever passed. The problem with this law is that it was POORLY researched. Disgusting to see how many naive jackasses we have in the government. These folks would say anything to look intelligent when they aren't.

I was strongly opposed to this law, even many humane society workers voiced their opposition. They had suggested that they instead pass a law that toughens the law on dangerous dogs rather than a specific breed. In fact, pitbulls are one of the most abused breeds ever, and are forced into becoming dangerous dogs. It's what you call outside breeding, meaning it's not being bred properly.

There are even cases where a Pomeranian had killed a baby. Pomeranians are often like 4 pounds or less. Yet they can kill a baby. No babies, I repeat, no babies should be left alone with a dog ever, period. Most bite victims are children who had been left alone with the dogs.

Which is why you often read about them in the newspapers. Because their parents are irresponsible.

Click here to read more.

Even retrievers bite children, and no... it's not that uncommon. All dogs are capable of doing the same. Which is why the law is going to fail, and the criminals, drug dealers and more will just resort to using different breeds.

It was banned in Denver area since found out on other website.

if the ferret was inside the cage the whole time then it was the puppy.. obivously seek the nipple thinking its milk.. but its not.. i have seen the puppy try to chew the nipple and the mother dog would nip at the puppy to stop them. no one did stop the puppy.. so made sense to me.. i felt sorry for the baby.. and the parents are stupid to leave the baby in the infant seat?? and they have gone to bed?? why didnt they put the baby in crib??? something is not right.. neglience big time.. i hope the parents wont get the baby back cuz they are obivously unfit to take care of the baby, period.. sigh..

How can you adopt a 6 weeks old puppy. The puppy is not ready to leave the mother til the puppy is at least 8 weeks. Duh!!!!! :pissed:

I am pissed for letting the baby sleeping on the floor. Where the heck the crib?? I guess they dont have the money to buy. Then they shouldnt keep the baby.

I hope they never get the baby back.

Apparently the mother is blaming the ferret instead of the pitbull puppy while the father blames the pitbull puppy...

Mom blames ferret for chewing off baby's toes - CNN.com

Hmmmm....something fishy in this story..First the parents admit that they were sleeping the whole time when their baby's toes was being chewed off and woke up from the sound of their baby's cry, yet vet doctor said it would not have happened quickly and it would have to be a period of time maybe at least an hour she said, so it's tells me that either of parents are not being totally honest of what really did happened that day and what took them so long to wake up or are they actually hiding something?....I guess we will never know the truth...so sad :(

I have a theory the baby's toes were chewed off by rats . . .

a puppy should not leave its mother until the puppy is at least 8 weeks old. Most responsible breeders will not sell a puppy to parents with a young baby much less a puppy less than 8 weeks old . . .

ferrets are not really "chewers" they play bite . .

wonder if the parents were on something stronger than water.

if 'parents of pitbulls or ANY dog for that matter doesnt know puppies go thru teething stage, then like bloody hell they are NOT to have a puppy period!

Another pitbull stories... *sigh*

I know for a long time about pitbull's bad reputation and NEVER, NEVER, NEVER to have pitbull as be pet when my children are around.

Sure, pitbull could be sweet but they can change into aggressive suddenly if something what they don't like...

Example: toddlers crawl and eat dog's food... It make pitbull angry but other dogs doesn't.

...Example: toddlers crawl and eat dog's food... It make pitbull angry but other dogs doesn't.
Not true. Dogs of any breed can get angry if a person, animal, or other dog approaches their food dish. It is NOT just pit bulls.

Our little Shih Tzu was very protective of her food dish. She snapped at anyone coming near her dish.

Our two lovable Labs were very defensive of their food dishes from each other (and they were mother and son dogs).

no she is not a jack russell.. i forget the name of the dog.. ill ask my sister when she gets back.. but i think it is a bishon.. something like that... i dont remember..

i have a funny story to tell you.. hope you dont mind me going off the topic here.. i was eating my lunch today.. the cats (3 out of 4 surrounded behind my back) and cherie was sitting directly in front of me just staring at me while i was eating.. i was watching tv.. then i felt something wet on my toes.. i was like .. what the heck is that!? i looked down.. then looked up.. it was CHERIE DROOLING over my food!!! LMDAO!!!! i wish i took a picture of her.. OMG.. IT WAS THE MOST DISGUSTING DROOL i have ever seen.. you know those st bernard dogs BIG SLOBBERISH DROOL.. well hers was like that but of course a mini one lol!! i am NOT KIDDING!! IT WAS SO HILARIOUS!!! :laugh2: she does this all the time when she sees us eating... sheesh!!

You meant by this "Bichon Frise" ? like this picture below?

Attachments

• Bichon Frise.jpg
    Bichon Frise.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 1
Not true. Dogs of any breed can get angry if a person, animal, or other dog approaches their food dish. It is NOT just pit bulls.

Our little Shih Tzu was very protective of her food dish. She snapped at anyone coming near her dish.

Our two lovable Labs were very defensive of their food dishes from each other (and they were mother and son dogs).

Yes I know and have to give you right about this but I mean is:

Pitbulls or any dangerous dogs can hurt a person or a little person easily but other family dogs and cats doesn´t. They just growling or hissed to scare them off. I know what it is because I grow up to see dogs and cats come and go... Yes they are very defensive of their foods but they did not hurt us but just growling or hissed to us.

Another pitbull stories... *sigh*

I know for a long time about pitbull's bad reputation and NEVER, NEVER, NEVER to have pitbull as be pet when my children are around.

Sure, pitbull could be sweet but they can change into aggressive suddenly if something what they don't like...

Example: toddlers crawl and eat dog's food... It make pitbull angry but other dogs doesn't.

Well I have to agree with Reba, not only Pitbulls, but Chow Chow and other varies of dangerous dogs too.. I was used to have Chow Chow when I was 7, I remember he pushed me on the floor and biting on me as many as he can just because I pull his tail. I was very young, but later we was forced to lost our dog to the court because our dog killed other little puppy at neighbor.

Also our Beagle dog can get very angry if other dog touch his food plate. I still remember when she stole my mom's pizza and I tried to grab the pizza away from her, but she bite on my arm so hard.

Pitbull dogs are not the only dog that are dangerous, but Chow Chow, Boxers, etc too.

I'm tired of hearing people nag about pitbulls. I don't support irresponsible dog owners and I met numerous irresponsible pitbull owners.

No offense to anybody that has a pet, I'm sure that half of you are an irresponsible dog owner anyway because how many times do you let your dogs sleep with you in your bed, walk in the door before you, growl at you when it has a toy or food, jump on you, pull you around on the leash, beg you to pet his head, put his claw on you to get your attention, protective of someone, or be aggressive to people. I listed these things as an irresponsible owner because they do not know how to live with a dog properly. They can feed, walk the dog, and give love, but that is not enough to keep the dog sane. It gives you more problem than you need.

I'm tired and sick of people acting like pitbulls were born to be dangerous. It is all MYTH! They assumed that pitbulls love violence or carry one in their blood, but that isn't true. I have been inovlved in an elite dog sport, schutzhund, for three years. I plan to do french ring with a puppy doberman from vom Aurachgrund kennel.

I raise my dogs differently than any average pet owners. I follow NILF, and I do ground work. I use dominant dog collar, and a prong collar. I train my dogs to listen to commands and reward them a toy to play with after complete a duty.

I don't let my dogs sleep with me in the bed, they sleep in crates. They don't walk in the door front of me, they stay right behind me. They don't ran up to the doorbell and act aggressive/bark/jump on guests. They know better to give guests a boundary. I kept getting compliment by many friends and family how well behave my dogs are. They are shocked at how well my dogs listen to me. When I tell them to go bed, they go to their crates. Lay down there for hours until I called them back out. They were surprised that I did not drag 3 dogs to their crates and lock em up.

Many times I don't let my dogs socalize with my guests and some member of my family. It is not because I don't trust my dogs, I don't like how guests and some people from my family deal with my dogs. I don't like when they give my dogs too much attention with cuddling, petting too much, kissing, helding on, and playing rough.

The reason they said that pitbulls are dangerous, they do not understand dog behavior very well. They do not understand anything about pack animal or how dogs' mind really work. Dogs think and seee things differently than we do.

cane corso... i think i saw you before... you know kyra?

I had that Pitbull for 16 years, and you are indeedly correct! That is why I love Pitbull, and I love when stranger stare and realize they cant mess with my family. Believe it or not, we never lock our house, there is no reason for it, Pitbull does for us. How many times did we get break in? You guessed it, ZERO!

i am house/petsitting my sister for two weeks.. aacck!!

she has 4 cats and a pitbull mix.. the dog is a dalamation, lab and a pitbull and mix.. she is one of the most affectionate, smartest and lsweetest dogs i have ever known..

my sister got her a muzzle.. i was shocked!! she told me that she bit their neighbor's dog (that is a very tiny white fuzzy dog.. i forget the brand ) TWICE!! i was like.. thats not CHERIE! it turns out that pitbulls after the age of 4 (this is interesting!) get possessive and very protective of their owners, loved ones and their house so they BITE other dogs that come near them!! but they dont bite people?? weird!?!? (sigh) ....

i thought i would share this interesting information with those who have a pitbull or a pitbull mix .. to be on alert in the change of their pitbull's behavior after the age of 4...

Back