to those who have a pitbull

FeistyChick

Reaction score
i am house/petsitting my sister for two weeks.. aacck!!

she has 4 cats and a pitbull mix.. the dog is a dalamation, lab and a pitbull and mix.. she is one of the most affectionate, smartest and lsweetest dogs i have ever known..

my sister got her a muzzle.. i was shocked!! she told me that she bit their neighbor's dog (that is a very tiny white fuzzy dog.. i forget the brand ) TWICE!! i was like.. thats not CHERIE! it turns out that pitbulls after the age of 4 (this is interesting!) get possessive and very protective of their owners, loved ones and their house so they BITE other dogs that come near them!! but they dont bite people?? weird!?!? (sigh) ....

i thought i would share this interesting information with those who have a pitbull or a pitbull mix .. to be on alert in the change of their pitbull's behavior after the age of 4...

That's true about pitbulls do NOT bite people...
only to other dogs only.. Geez, I wonder
what kind of dog at your sister's neighbor....
Perhaps it was something like a Taco bell dog ?
or Jack Russell Terrier ? I noticed that
Jack Russell dogs tend to fight another animals
such as oppossums, squirrels, etc.

Y said:
That's true about pitbulls do NOT bite people...
only to other dogs only.. Geez, I wonder
what kind of dog at your sister's neighbor....
Perhaps it was something like a Taco bell dog ?
or Jack Russell Terrier ? I noticed that
Jack Russell dogs tend to fight another animals
such as oppossums, squirrels, etc.

no she is not a jack russell.. i forget the name of the dog.. ill ask my sister when she gets back.. but i think it is a bishon.. something like that... i dont remember..

i have a funny story to tell you.. hope you dont mind me going off the topic here.. i was eating my lunch today.. the cats (3 out of 4 surrounded behind my back) and cherie was sitting directly in front of me just staring at me while i was eating.. i was watching tv.. then i felt something wet on my toes.. i was like .. what the heck is that!? i looked down.. then looked up.. it was CHERIE DROOLING over my food!!! LMDAO!!!! i wish i took a picture of her.. OMG.. IT WAS THE MOST DISGUSTING DROOL i have ever seen.. you know those st bernard dogs BIG SLOBBERISH DROOL.. well hers was like that but of course a mini one lol!! i am NOT KIDDING!! IT WAS SO HILARIOUS!!! :laugh2: she does this all the time when she sees us eating... sheesh!!

Yea pitbull forget it. I wouldnt want one. What about pomeranian!!! Is that one??

Pomeranian said:
Yea pitbull forget it. I wouldnt want one. What about pomeranian!!! Is that one??

Forget pitbulls??? It is not always pitbulls are mean, what about Akitas, Chows, Rottweilers, Great Danes etc. It depends on the owner or breeder s training to the dogs.

I do have 2 hearing pure pitbull puppies, 1 hearing staffordshire, 1 pure deaf staffordshire, 1 deaf pitbull mix, 1 lab/pitbull mix, 1 deaf dogo argentino mix, 1 deaf mastiff/pitbull mix. They are so swweeeeeeetttt.

Forget Pomeranian.

CatSaye said:
Forget pitbulls??? It is not always pitbulls are mean, what about Akitas, Chows, Rottweilers, Great Danes etc. It depends on the owner or breeder s training to the dogs.

I do have 2 hearing pure pitbull puppies, 1 hearing staffordshire, 1 pure deaf staffordshire, 1 deaf pitbull mix, 1 lab/pitbull mix, 1 deaf dogo argentino mix, 1 deaf mastiff/pitbull mix. They are so swweeeeeeetttt.

Forget Pomeranian.

Forget Pomeranian???? NO way.. Pomeranian are beautiful.. As for Pitbulls, I have had experineces w/ full blood pitbull dogs jeez.. Anyway as for Rottweilers, chows, Akitas etcs I know.. My parents used to have Collie which was very beautiful also they used to have Chihauhau.. but as for Pitbulls no way.. I never forget that happened back in 75's when I was living in apt after my parents and two sisters and I moved in Tennessee from Georgia. Sheesh that idiot couple had their pitbull (full blood) on porch on stairs with leash on but all of suddenly it went off leash and when I walked on stairs and he growled at me and nearly bite. I ain't having pitbulls.. U know some pitbulls are very dangerous cuz they killed some ppls include young children didn't u know that???

PurrMeow

PurrMeow said:
Forget Pomeranian???? NO way.. Pomeranian are beautiful.. As for Pitbulls, I have had experineces w/ full blood pitbull dogs jeez.. Anyway as for Rottweilers, chows, Akitas etcs I know.. My parents used to have Collie which was very beautiful also they used to have Chihauhau.. but as for Pitbulls no way.. I never forget that happened back in 75's when I was living in apt after my parents and two sisters and I moved in Tennessee from Georgia. Sheesh that idiot couple had their pitbull (full blood) on porch on stairs with leash on but all of suddenly it went off leash and when I walked on stairs and he growled at me and nearly bite. I ain't having pitbulls.. U know some pitbulls are very dangerous cuz they killed some ppls include young children didn't u know that???

PurrMeow
Yes, i do know aboutsome pitbulls killed or hurt people or kids, it is not only pitbulls, it can be Rottweiler, akita, chow. Like I said it based on training by the owner or breeder.

Last two Saturday ago I was at Petsmart Adoption Day, I saw a young lady with scars all over her arms and back. She looked so awful. I asked her what happened?? She has her big rottweiler. She told me that her friend s rottweiler came after her and fought with her. The policeman came and shot rottweiler.

My old boyfriend had an akita, and he bited a little boy s head when the boy came to his property, but akita put sleep.

My friends and I went to over next door house where the german shepherd was and german shepherd jumped one friend of mine and bited her ear with blood.

Two days ago I just drove home during lunchtime to pick up a border collie to grooming, somehow I saw two dogs were loosen. They are beagle and black lab. I tried to get them off near main road to subdivision. The beagle got confused, but the black lab came and growled with its teeth.. I said Gosh, it is a lab!!! But i made them move back to toward to subdivision. I see they carry their own tags or rabies tags which it s very important to carry if any dogs are lost that the vet or shelter can track but the best is microchipped.

At first, I rescued first pitbull which I thought she was an american bulldog, but yes I was little nervous about pitbull, but when I am with her, she is very sweet and knows more sign hand commands. She gets along with various dogs.

I do know what do you meant, yes, some pitbulls or other dogs like rottweilers, dobermans, akitas or german shepherds etc are based on the training or discipling by the owner or breeder.

I have two deaf fosters are mastiff/pitbull and dogo argentino, they must only dog, not with other dogs.. They love people. IF I have any aggressive dogs to people, I have to put them sleep for the safety.

Cathy

deaflibrarian said:
I don't know if anyone knows about this, but Ontario has banned pitbulls. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20050301.wthepits0301/BNStory/National/.

I wonder what breed will be next on the list as it is obvious pittbulls aren't the only dangerous dogs around.

The law is one of the worst laws ever passed. The problem with this law is that it was POORLY researched. Disgusting to see how many naive jackasses we have in the government. These folks would say anything to look intelligent when they aren't.

I was strongly opposed to this law, even many humane society workers voiced their opposition. They had suggested that they instead pass a law that toughens the law on dangerous dogs rather than a specific breed. In fact, pitbulls are one of the most abused breeds ever, and are forced into becoming dangerous dogs. It's what you call outside breeding, meaning it's not being bred properly.

There are even cases where a Pomeranian had killed a baby. Pomeranians are often like 4 pounds or less. Yet they can kill a baby. No babies, I repeat, no babies should be left alone with a dog ever, period. Most bite victims are children who had been left alone with the dogs.

Which is why you often read about them in the newspapers. Because their parents are irresponsible.

Covino said the last major incident occurred last year when a toddler was mauled by a golden retriever in West Medford. He said the child was hurt pretty badly and suffered lacerations to the face. Covino said although this situation was very unfortunate, it is also something that is very uncommon.

Click here to read more.

Even retrievers bite children, and no... it's not that uncommon. All dogs are capable of doing the same. Which is why the law is going to fail, and the criminals, drug dealers and more will just resort to using different breeds.

deaflibrarian said:
My aunt & uncle's dog attacked me in a room full of adults. The dog had been penned up in the basement, but somewhow jumped the pen and came up to the "source of the noise" and CHOMP. :shock:

Obviously your uncle and aunt were aware that the dog was violent to begin with if they had kept it restrained. That's their fault, not yours nor the dog. They forced the dog to become aggressive by restraining it. It's the same with human beings, you see it in hospitals. It's illegal to restrain a human being to a bed because they actually do become violent.

It's the same with dogs.

Restraining your dog will make it more violent, no doubt. A responsible pet owner should never restrain a dog to a small pen. Instead, the dog should had been let out to play, or taught to socialize with people better. Dogs often become more aggressive because of being forced to stay in a small space for a long period. An hour is like hours to a dog, it's not right. That's why it's important for people to have tall fences in their backyard so they'll have freedom to roam around the yard rather than being restrained in a room or a pen.

deaflibrarian said:
My aunt & uncle's dog attacked me in a room full of adults. The dog had been penned up in the basement, but somewhow jumped the pen and came up to the "source of the noise" and CHOMP. :shock:

I hope Pomeranian sees this post and gives her point of view regarding the behaviour of Pomeranians around children.

I had my pom back in April 92 and my son was born in 96. Poor my pom doesnt know what the baby is like cuz he was never around with the baby but he have been around with kids and he loves kids. As time goes by and my pom started to understand that there is new life in his life and he enjoyed it alot. :D I hope I answer your question.

Like some of them said that the owner is responsible to teach the dog proper training. But in most cases I have watched animals cops many times. I have seen that the pitbulls is not at their fault cuz the ring leader or owner of the dog fight wanted the dog to train to get into fight. Of course I dont like that idea. Cuz it not fair for them to put down for the stupid owner who train them. But as long as the owner proper love and attention with affection and proper care then the dog would be in that aggeressive situation. I do feel bad for those dogs who are put down for a stupid reason. Yea is not fair for them. Lot of times when the dogs are surrender and the owner of the dog cant have it back cuz the shelther or animal control knows that they will do it again. The owner of course will be pissed cuz they are losing their profite. Well that too bad for them. The dogs deserved the right kind of life just like humans.

Not only pitbulls are being put down but other breed too. It's sad to see something like that often. Yea I am mad at the owner who poison the dog with drugs and train them to be a dog fighter. But somebody gotta do the dirty work to stop them. :D

Last edited:
deaflibrarian said:
I don't know if anyone knows about this, but Ontario has banned pitbulls. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20050301.wthepits0301/BNStory/National/.

I wonder what breed will be next on the list as it is obvious pittbulls aren't the only dangerous dogs around.

When I was 2 years old, my aunt & uncle's female Weimaraner came up behind me, chomped down on my head, shook me around like a rag doll, spat me out and walked off all because I was making too much noise (I was babbling and banging on the wooden blocks). I ended up with 10 stitches in my head. My aunt & uncle had the dog euthanized because they themselves were expecting a baby and they saw how the dog reacted around noisy children so they did not want that happening to their baby. They got a short-haird Chiahuahua instead because at least the baby would be bigger than the dog.

I thank you for spreading the words about your experience with Weimaraner, not only pitbulls. I see why Weimaraner or Pointers are very sensitive with noises. I learn something because I have 3 pointers, Noelle, one is hearing, and Keller, one deaf pure pointer from champion bloodline parents and Hope, one is deaf pointer mix. I ask the pointer rescues to find out if it s their common ways to be timid or not. They said yes, that is pointers.. hmmm..

Noelle, she couldnt stand the puppies s barkings drive her nuts plus she is very timid to new people. She uses with me and doing fine with any dogs by her size.

Banjo said:
The law is one of the worst laws ever passed. The problem with this law is that it was POORLY researched. Disgusting to see how many naive jackasses we have in the government. These folks would say anything to look intelligent when they aren't.

I was strongly opposed to this law, even many humane society workers voiced their opposition. They had suggested that they instead pass a law that toughens the law on dangerous dogs rather than a specific breed. In fact, pitbulls are one of the most abused breeds ever, and are forced into becoming dangerous dogs. It's what you call outside breeding, meaning it's not being bred properly.

There are even cases where a Pomeranian had killed a baby. Pomeranians are often like 4 pounds or less. Yet they can kill a baby. No babies, I repeat, no babies should be left alone with a dog ever, period. Most bite victims are children who had been left alone with the dogs.

Which is why you often read about them in the newspapers. Because their parents are irresponsible.

Click here to read more.

Even retrievers bite children, and no... it's not that uncommon. All dogs are capable of doing the same. Which is why the law is going to fail, and the criminals, drug dealers and more will just resort to using different breeds.

Thanks for spreading the words about other dogs in various breeds, not only pitbulls.. It can be any kind of dogs can hurt kids or else..

Golden Retriever in my next two doors, I tried to come to pet, but he is growling and barking crazier, but I see their parents got divorced and didnt have good disciplines to their dog. The dog is still chained around the tree for only potty time or break times. They dont have a fenced yard but I am not dealing with them. If I am Pet Cop in my area, I will do something. :|

Cathy

deaflibrarian said:

I hope Pomeranian sees this post and gives her point of view regarding the behaviour of Pomeranians around children.

Not only pomeranians, it could be dachshunds.

My second cousin, I would say about 7 years old. She was on vacation in Panama City Beach, FL. Her parents hired a painter who brought his dachshund with him. The doxie was fine with my cousin for few days, but that day she was kissed to Doxie s face. GOOD ENOUGH, the doxie bited her big time!!! She had about 8 or 10 stiches on her lip and side of her chin. She cried because she dont want the doxie puts down.. She s a brave little cookie!!

Cathy

Hey Wut The Fuck Pitbull Doggiez!!!

Hi Pitbull!

I don't like pitbull becuz it's danger are fang could be bite on mine azz lolz so anyways I won't let on pet with on back well hmm please aim me back online is BOOLVEKAT4EVA talk me thks aii don't talk abt pitbull dog no thks! Then DON'T ASK ME EVER THIS DOGGIEZ FUCK 1 aii.....

Yes Defee,
Cats can bite, so is birds, ferrets, rabbits, rats...............!!!!

My childhood friend was bit in the face by his family pet Chow Chow. he had over twenty seven stiches on his face, mouth, eye, ear (practically half of his face). His dog had to be euthasized.

There is news going on around over a county next to county where I live, three pit bulls were running loose and killed 78 yrs old woman and her little white fluffy dog. just happened last week.

now again, diff pit bulls with same owner, killed a nearby neighbor's 7 yrs old German Shephard while german's owner stood inside frantic on the phone with police watching pits mauling her dog.

Police just found three pit bulls that killed old lady the next day, fixing to be euthasized... still on look for others that killed the german shephard. They are gonna arrest the owner of pit bulls, she still had puppies inside her house, they were taken away. i dunno about pit bulls, they are terrifying after they turn 3 yrs old.. not my choice of pet for sure.

Tamara said:
Yes Defee,
Cats can bite, so is birds, ferrets, rabbits, rats...............!!!!
yep, you darn right! even people!! LOL!
I have been bitten by different kinds of dogs all my life....one pony bit me
on my left arm....oh welll............

I have three dogs at my house and I am having a baby on the way there's no way I will leave the baby alone with the dogs one dog is part chow and something else don't know what we got her last spring and we have a half beagle and half blue heeler and I have a shihtzu she's my little dog even tho she's old. I`ve babysat my little cousins many times i`ve seen the way they act the shihtzu would run away from the kid whoever is chasing her but I know she will bite if they pull her hair and the beagle was laying on the floor and my brother`s gf brought her kids over and the 2 year old was jumping on the beagle so she barked at her the mom wasn't watching her kids she doesn't take reposnbility for her kids (I hated her anyways) and the part chow she's a big dog and she's old too. She does not like kids she would even bark at them even if the kids are not near her. I don't trust that dog she wasa my aunt`s dog now she's ours!!! So I know I will have to keep a close eye on the baby around the dogs I will always be with her if there's dogs around not just only dogs also cats too any animals noto only dogs. I know cats would like tosmell the babys breath cuz of the warm milk and the cats could suffacate the baby too. Besides I aint a cat fan anyways!!!!! No cats here.

Back