to those BORN with severe-profound hearing loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I'm following... I don't recall reading anywhere that anyone wrote that about hearing aids. Did I miss a post?

Go back and check the tone of the whole thread. Maybe you can pick up on it.

Wirelessly posted

rick48 said:
BecLak said:
We are not expecting everyone to learn sign language either, there are many forms of non-verbal communication - even wow! Imagine this! - written English!!!! How hard is that?!

How hard is not the question, rather how practical is it? To think of the numerous times that one encounters others during the course of the day and interacts with them orally, to then transform each and every one of those interactions, even the brief ones into an exchange conducted in writing is unrealistic and impractical.

What's impractical is making a Dhh child or person use speech and oral language. A hearing person can generally see, a Dhh person is visual also, with few exceptions on either side. Therefore, non-verbal communication is a fair and acceptable medium for both parties concerned - oh look, we are both using it right now!
[

Last edited:
I am just flat out giving up on this thread and will never post another one. This is ridiculous that I have to babysit this thread to make sure who is born with this severity of loss and who is not. So continue to argue ........I had a not so welcoming experience and a hurtful message thrown on me over this thread. So this is my LAST response. Thanks to the many that did reply ones who were BORN with severe-profound hearing loss. I just find it to be too much work to start a thread and "babysit" I ask more than once to post somewhere else...also I started a NEW thread and still same bullshit. DONE! I will continue to read on alldeaf cause I know there is still info. knowlegde that I can gain from here. I just wont do threads .......

I'll try to create a thread for you and to see if I can hold of it, Suzanne.

EDIT: Here.

Last edited:
I am just flat out giving up on this thread and will never post another one. This is ridiculous that I have to babysit this thread to make sure who is born with this severity of loss and who is not. So continue to argue ........I had a not so welcoming experience and a hurtful message thrown on me over this thread. So this is my LAST response. Thanks to the many that did reply ones who were BORN with severe-profound hearing loss. I just find it to be too much work to start a thread and "babysit" I ask more than once to post somewhere else...also I started a NEW thread and still same bullshit. DONE! I will continue to read on alldeaf cause I know there is still info. knowlegde that I can gain from here. I just wont do threads .......

That means the tiny group of hearing parents with CI implanted children have accomplished their mission.

They promote CI and try to drive anyone away who has children but doesn't follow their approach.

That means the tiny group of hearing parents with CI implanted children have accomplished their mission.

They promote CI and try to drive anyone away who has children but doesn't follow their approach.

It really sucks. Because I was actually interested what another people or parents may say something so useful about hearing aids but no..... Sighs.

Its a good idea for karissa to create a new thread. It's a fresh and new thread. Let's not make lot of assumes and blame each other since we have so much going on here. Let's hope to focus on the good thing and good source and so. I hope.

Agreed. In as much as I am not born deaf - HA child, I still felt the need to police the thread, as reading it became an exercise in futility. I simply gotta believe that there is a financial incentive for the CI-geldings and CI-broodmares that ignore the polite requests of the OP, and keep the pedal pressed down with their tired CI promotional drivel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back