To Exercise or Diet

Xzten3

Reaction score
If you had to choose between exercise or a diet for healthy living which one would you choose? You can choose both!

And to make it harder... If you chose to exercise then you would have to eat the most unhealthy food all the time and if you chose to diet you would have to sit in a wheel chair for the rest of your life...

Which one would you choose?

That personally makes no sense.

I had to choose diet. I cannot do much lower body exercise as my legs are not working well. (no wheelchair).

I am already on a "healthy option" diet. Not really a diet, just choosing wisely, staying with proper portion control, and going with whole grains.

Wirelessly posted

I think OP is trying to say;
"you can exercise and diet at the same time" (of course, duh!)

then to make it harder, if a prominent exerciser eats junk food or a chronic dieter becomes crippled due to dieting - these have extreme polarity as someone who exercises daily probably also eats well.
People who diet may or may not be as able compared to "slim" people.

It does make little relevancy, but I guess I get what he is trying to say. Its just not worth the time thinking about extreme ends.

Wow Okay

I posted these two extremes just to see who would choose what... I know the pros and cons to choosing one or the other extreme but I thought it would be fun just to see if people would prefer diet or exercise... but I guess the question was to difficult to understand so I'm sorry and I'll try to explain it more clearly next time!

A diet.

I wouldn't dare to eat unhealthy food and work out at the same time because it leads me to gain weight more than having a diet with no workout that would makes me stay with the weight due to walking a lot. lol yeah thats cheating for me!

I would pick exercise so I can eat all the junk food as I want I hate dieting and not exercising..I feel more flabby even though I eat right and I get cranky from not eating the undesirable foods. I dont mind exercising because I love how I feel afterwards.

What a fun thread!

Wirelessly posted

I think OP is trying to say;
"you can exercise and diet at the same time" (of course, duh!)

then to make it harder, if a prominent exerciser eats junk food or a chronic dieter becomes crippled due to dieting - these have extreme polarity as someone who exercises daily probably also eats well.
People who diet may or may not be as able compared to "slim" people.

It does make little relevancy, but I guess I get what he is trying to say. Its just not worth the time thinking about extreme ends.

I hope you do not mind me saying, I understood OP's thread. You do not need to explain twice unless someone says " i don't get it" then you can explain as you wish. :P please do not feel offended but you know. :)

but what is your answer anyway.

I would pick exercise so I can eat all the junk food as I want I hate dieting and not exercising..I feel more flabby even though I eat right and I get cranky from not eating the undesirable foods. I dont mind exercising because I love how I feel afterwards.

What a fun thread!

LOL!! I feeeel you!! well for me, I tried that and i certainly gain more weight if i don't eat right and workout at the same time! :lol:

LOL!! I feeeel you!! well for me, I tried that and i certainly gain more weight if i don't eat right and workout at the same time! :lol:
I notice that when I exercise, I dont eat as much. When I dont, I pig out so if I chose to exercise, I will end up eating smaller portions of junk food.

I notice that when I exercise, I dont eat as much. When I dont, I pig out so if I chose to exercise, I will end up eating smaller portions of junk food.

Interesting! I am working on is to workout and learn how to control my eating habit at the same time. :lol: I struggle with it because i do like working out too.

Interesting! I am working on is to workout and learn how to control my eating habit at the same time. :lol: I struggle with it because i do like working out too.

It is weird...when I dont work out for at least a week, I find myself pigging out. lol

from what I understand, "dieting" and exercise complement each other; you can do one or the other but for true long-term success - and especially if you actually are trying to lose weight or inches, both really need to go together. Except "diets" the way they are promoted commercially often fail because people get into the "on-again/off-again" syndrome which affects metabolism and the ability of the body to make a systemic and lifelong change. So I guess I pick both - it's what I do anyway. But I eat from a holistic perspective as opposed to a "diet" perspective.

Very interesting choices! :) The healthiest choice would of course be doing both... which is, having a good heathy diet and exercising smart! But I had to see which one you all prefer, so thanks for the replies!

If I had to choose I would personally choose exercise over diet just because I love being active and in shape! I know if you exercise and ate junk food your body wouldn't like it but it was just a fun thread to be honest in! :)

And plus I think it's impossible for me to sit down in one chair all day long!!!:P

i do both due order from dr's but i got lose gain lots weight from 400lbs to 361lbs but i must eat lots salmon,fruit,vegetables,whatevers but i can eat salad but i must use light mayo, light types brand dressing for your salad..

i got little slim

Very interesting choices! :) The healthiest choice would of course be doing both... which is, having a good heathy diet and exercising smart! But I had to see which one you all prefer, so thanks for the replies!

If I had to choose I would personally choose exercise over diet just because I love being active and in shape! I know if you exercise and ate junk food your body wouldn't like it but it was just a fun thread to be honest in! :)

And plus I think it's impossible for me to sit down in one chair all day long!!!:P

fitness trainer for the deaf, eh?

I'm in Boulder... Confier's pretty :)

I hope you do not mind me saying, I understood OP's thread. You do not need to explain twice unless someone says " i don't get it" then you can explain as you wish. :P please do not feel offended but you know. :)

:h5: lol

If you had to choose between exercise or a diet for healthy living which one would you choose? You can choose both!

And to make it harder... If you chose to exercise then you would have to eat the most unhealthy food all the time and if you chose to diet you would have to sit in a wheel chair for the rest of your life...

Which one would you choose?

both. I eat unhealthy and I sit on chair 99% of my time. :aw:

I think when I wrote that the intent was to clear up what kristina had confusion in the OP's question. I'm posting this 3 weeks later now.
I saw she wrote she didn't get it so I tried to rewrite it in a way the question would be understood.
What I wrote wasn't for anyone else except her. I guess I should have explained it privately to her since I was just trying to help her understand. You know.

My answer for the situation is same, it's just not worth thinking about both ends since it's not likely to happen in reality.
But if I had to choose only one (not both) then I would choose the wheelchair for other personal reasons.

I think when I wrote that the intent was to clear up what kristina had confusion in the OP's question. I'm posting this 3 weeks later now.
I saw she wrote she didn't get it so I tried to rewrite it in a way the question would be understood.
What I wrote wasn't for anyone else except her. I guess I should have explained it privately to her since I was just trying to help her understand. You know.

My answer for the situation is same, it's just not worth thinking about both ends since it's not likely to happen in reality.
But if I had to choose only one (not both) then I would choose the wheelchair for other personal reasons.

I think kristineb understood it. she stated it that workout and diet that you have to pick one, that she found it does not make sense to her when you pick one in real life. you know? she did answer that she chose the diet that she would not work out too much due to her slightly weak legs. That's what I thought so.

Back