To Anti-CIers..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilitaryGirl83

Reaction score
SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!!!

We have the CI for a reason but sure is a personal reason and it is NONE of your damn business!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am tired of people like Sweetmind critize me and other's decision for having a CI. We are still deaf when it's turned off.. SHEESH!! :mad:

I was raised by oral and english sign language by my parents til I was at deaf school for a while.. I learned ASL. All of my life I was totally in mainstreaming school and I felt more comfortable with hearing/deaf people there because they was nonjudgement ones.. and not pick on me etc.

I wore hearing aid since I was 18 months old.. now my hearing went down and I want a CI so I can hear more and to have a easier life relationg to career.. education.. my family..husband and my kids.. etc.

You have no idea of how we went through this.. I am deeply hurt by people like Sweetmind who is mad about others and my decision and decide to insult and hurt us!!!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!! QUIT IT ALREADY AND LEAVE US ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe you can just ingore them who talk about CI like sweetmind said .. just ingore and you can go ahead be happy to wear CI :)

FelixKat930 said:
SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!!!

We have the CI for a reason but sure is a personal reason and it is NONE of your damn business!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am tired of people like Sweetmind critize me and other's decision for having a CI. We are still deaf when it's turned off.. SHEESH!! :mad:

I was raised by oral and english sign language by my parents til I was at deaf school for a while.. I learned ASL. All of my life I was totally in mainstreaming school and I felt more comfortable with hearing/deaf people there because they was nonjudgement ones.. and not pick on me etc.

I wore hearing aid since I was 18 months old.. now my hearing went down and I want a CI so I can hear more and to have a easier life relationg to career.. education.. my family..husband and my kids.. etc.

You have no idea of how we went through this.. I am deeply hurt by people like Sweetmind who is mad about others and my decision and decide to insult and hurt us!!!

I know what you mean FelixKat, it was getting to me too. Everbody has an opinion, and some are pretty harsh and upsetting but we just have to ignore it, as hard as that may be but we just have to. It's your life and nobody here can say whats best for you but you. :)

kayla123 said:
I know what you mean FelixKat, it was getting to me too. Everbody has an opinion, and some are pretty harsh and upsetting but we just have to ignore it, as hard as that may be but we just have to. It's your life and nobody here can say whats best for you but you. :)
But guy's...
Sweetmind is just concerned about implanting children...
She's doing this to save the children from a life without ASL.....

So I think.... you're all in the clear :cool: ..... unless.... you have plans for your little children :)

[m]SM :whip: [/m]

Last edited:
Anyone who has criticised you personally or does not accept your decision I reckon you should just block them. They are toxic. They were never your friends in the first place because the basis of the friendship was conditional on you being "deaf" the way they want it.

By the way I was impressed at how many of your friends came by to congratulate you on your decision. It's great that even though some people have been negative there are still others who are positive because they obviously care about you.

If anything this is a good process for seeing who your real friends are.

Hold on and chin up! :h5:

YES....DON"T YOU GUYS GET IT? Sometimes hearing aids aren't enough! Some kids DO need CI. Yes, SOME of them are being implanted b/c it's the latest greatest trendy thing.....but didja know MOST people eligable for implantation aren't opting for it?
Most kids WILL learn ASL and become BILINGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RResearch has indicated that most orally educated kids learn ASL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cloggy said:
But guy's...
Sweetmind is just concerned about implanting children...
She's doing this to save the children from a life without ASL.....

So I think.... you're all in the clear :cool: ..... unless.... you have plans for your little children :)

[m]SM :whip: [/m]

If you look in one of the threads below there is a post where Gnu and Felixcat were talking about how SM was mad at her for her decision to get a CI...

FelixKat, I can understand how upset you are but I agree with those who say it is best to ignore people who you feel are anti-CI'ers. You can use that ignore button to ignore posts that you don't enjoy to read. It works for me :)

After all you should be happy to have several people who are supporting you with your decision to get a CI. Getting angry won't solve anything. There are not very many anti-CI'ers here in AD and be glad about that.

A friend who criticizes a decision you make to better your life is NOT a friend. Similarly somebody on this board who not only doesn't understand the rationale for you making your OWN decisions, but vocally abuses your right should be put on ignore. Toxic friends/aquaintances just make life a misery. Its best to flush them all to linger with the rest of the sewage.

Not me, I just let people to decide if want get CI or not. I understand that how are your feeling about get CI.

Most anti-CIer is Sweetmind, then CyderRed and Heath.

Last edited:
Steel X said:
look, you are all being a band of jackasses here, if you dont like what they said, then ignore them! it's all just part of their opinons. not facts.

so again, take a chill pill.

Damn, Please don't say that and be nice to her but Sweetmind and CyderRed are hurts her feeling.

Felix,

We got your back!

Don't worry about those losers who has nothing better to do with their lives.

Sorry to hear of your frustration with those who criticize you. Always somebody who doesn't agree with you. Just ignore 'em. They aren't worth your time. A bunch of us are standing behind you...

Steel X said:
take a chill pill. your being too sensentive.

I agreed.. and watch your languages and your anger.. it wont help you at all too.. You are making things wrose for yourself..

Simple..
Ingore them.. pretend to wearing horse blinds.. I know its hard..
Move on.. its your body, its your decisions..

they didnt point gun in your head to not do CI.. Just harsh words.. and you are old enough to make decisions too..

Wish you luck with your CI surgery.. Glad that you are qualified for CI..

If I was you, just block that person. Ingore him/her. I am not against to CI. I support you no matter what. PM me if you want to talk!

:hug:

Kat,

Look listen me,
Just pure simple ingore her.. because you're not friend Sweetmind.. Be try remmy. You have not met her real life.. You'll not worry anyway.. As long you want deserved happy and ci.. I do certinally respect anyone who wishes have implant their ci. I have no problem anyone who wants. Espically My husband made his decision not going ci reason his age pretty nearly 40's.. Thought could not have ci.. I have no problem w/my husband's wishes.. He is happy w/HA which it's newest techoglies better. Hopefully He could hear more pieces picked up by any kind sounds.

By the way, Who Ci'ers are rooting for you and have you wishes luck. *smile*

everyone have their opinons. i am very disagree about CI. Cuz it can be worst or better and will affect who u are. But i am not critize you. Go ahead if you really wants it, and do it. I am glad ur quaility for it, good luck.

I almost get one cuz i want to be hang w hearing and can hear. But my parents say give me 2 years to decide. For one year i told them i want it. They said ok, but one more year. Another year, my friends have CI, which they re hoh, and get worse. Much hear loss. and some success but they lost friends. they prefer be w hearings. It freak me out and i realize i have to accept my deafness and i am happy who am i. Hearing friend did suggests me not to get it. They loves who i am. even in my life i went mainstream school too! Well, just tell u my story.

Do not listen to everyone but ur heart. i respect their wish. Felix!

Sarah

Dont let these people get to you. You will never please everyone when you get a CI - you have to develop a thick skin because this is just the beginning of new journey with people either supporting or thrashing you. Just remind yourself the entire time of your reasons for getting a CI and that these people who are thrashing you are merely AFRAID and IGNORANT. They think getting a CI will destroy Deaf culture which is not gonna happen.

I am in this boat too so know that you are not alone.

Keep smiling :)

FelixKat930 said:
SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!!!

WHOA you dont need to blame on Sweetmind as she had been banned for 48 hours now you blamed her,,, You are wrong,,, Sweetmind and I are against having BABIES and CHILDREN CI implanted.... Cussing is not allowed in here... Calm down... you got everything all wrong..

Thanks...
SxyPorkie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back