Time to buy book for college...

I am taking lets see...a wrting class, a socilogy class, and the rest are psychology. Let me remember the names. Personality psy, cognitive psy, child and adolecense development, I/O psy, and behavior modification, abnormal psy (second part of class), and this one class technically i am a teacher aid but it counts as a class, its for a statsistics class. Those are my classes. Not especially hard except writing not my best subject

Just spent $870 on textbooks, so I feel the pain too. Great tips everyone.

I am taking lets see...a wrting class, a socilogy class, and the rest are psychology. Let me remember the names. Personality psy, cognitive psy, child and adolecense development, I/O psy, and behavior modification, abnormal psy (second part of class), and this one class technically i am a teacher aid but it counts as a class, its for a statsistics class. Those are my classes. Not especially hard except writing not my best subject

whats the total of credits? 27?

Try Chegg.com. Enter the IBN number and look that way too. One year I paid a total of $235 (for books about $750 that academic year) for all books (between renting and buying books, etc). :)

colleges do overprice their books, I agree.

Vocational Rehab buys some of my books, and I also get a Pell Grant and that helps cover the rest of the costs of the rest of the books I need, since V.R. has a limited budget for covering this and that.

Definitely do check amazon.com, ebay.com, thriftbooks.com, or even half.com (part of eBay) for textbooks at a lower cost.

I have to get a new access code for MyMathLab.com, and of course I'm sure there will be 2 or 3 access codes I need to register for the human physiology course as well (I'm taking it online). Last semester, the college bookstore sold me the used human anatomy book, so I had to pay for all the website access codes separately, urgh! This semester I'm making sure I get a new book with all the access codes needed in a package. One required book for ASL, I've already got at home so that's one less book to buy (Deaf Like Me). The ASL text book, I may check with the deaf school library to see if they have it. English is online, but they are asking we get a writing manual, I already bought one last semester, it's not the same as the one being asked but oh well I'm just going to use what I've got (I might even still have an older edition of the book being asked in a box, will have to look).

More than likely I'll be waiting until after Tuesday to get my books, as I don't have my grant money yet. Students can pick up the grant checks from the college financial office on the first day of classes of the semester. Am hoping V.R. has already sent all the paperwork/vouchers over to the college in the meantime.

Its 25 units, two of my classes are only 2 units each. And i do write of serialkillers but i do write other kind of stories!! But any other type of wroting im kinda not the best...especially poetry.

find em online for free. look around its not that hard

So I made my numbers I need 972 dollars to buy my books (I do have it cuz ive been doing some random stuff) but how do you buy the books? It seems overly priced exoecially wen you end up never using the book...

I highly recommend renting your books from Chegg.com. I rented 5 books for my classes this term for a little over $100. The only book I paid full price for is my Systems of Grammar book, which is published in-house at my university.

I did find some of my books. One of them for free. And two for 15 dollars each. And not sure on this one book...its 122.54 but then the original price is 298.98

the total of all my books would have been over $800, yep. Vocational Rehab paid $350, and I wrote a check for about $500 to cover the rest (so glad I get financial aid, it helps a lot!). Only my english books are used (one I'm renting for the semester), all the rest are brand new as there were no more used copies, augh. expensive stuffs!

Back