Time Capsule

restless_heart

Reaction score
Time Capsule

Have you ever think of making time capsule for your child or children? I thought it was a beautiful idea, thanks to his kintergarten teacher. I have made one when my son was in Kintergarten back in 2001. His teacher had asked us, each parents to help their child to made time capsule as the children' projects. We were allowed to put anything we want in it as long till the box is full.

During that year it was right after the September 11th, I bought the flag photo box with gold stars red tissue paper and add the journal "Remember this Day" I wrote for my son about what was happening during his Kintergarten year, the Sept 11th and what he does each day till the day before the time caspule then I add binds with it-beautiful thick tiny book., I add some photos of Sept 11th with newspaper clippings, a letter from us, I add a small plastic bag that you can find in scrapebook stores filled with tiny white/yellow/gray stones that my son collected inside his shoes from the playground, some of his paperwork in school, handprints of his parents and his sister, my gold necklace that he loved to play with it everytime I hold him, photos, etc...even great-grandparents, grandparents left them something like letters, cards (you never know if they pass away when they open the time caspule)...and of course a flag. Then we take it to school, his teacher put surprise gift inside and sealed the time capsule. We were not allowed to open it till the day my son graduates from high school, that would be the year 2014.

It is still hidden in my closet since 2001. Last year my son was ten years old and asked me about it, he even asked if I still have it and if he could open it. He even remembers it. he was only five years old when we made one. I told him, I am sorry honey...you got to wait till 2014. He couldn't wait. His great-grandfather had passed away a year after the time capsule, he did left him a letter.

If you haven't made one for your child, it is best to make one...Your child would love that.

That's very good idea! It's like a treasure box for memories. They will enjoy going thru when they graduate!

I wonder after more than 20 years - if that time capulse has been buried for a long time - in that box contains some money from the year you buried, and it would be a much of a BIG difference if the money has changed 20 years later.

I wonder after more than 20 years - if that time capulse has been buried for a long time - in that box contains some money from the year you buried, and it would be a much of a BIG difference if the money has changed 20 years later.

possibly...0r 50, 100 years....we have some silvers that are not made anymore. And also they don't make 'S' on the coin anymore either and it is very, very rare. Nowadays there are 'P' or 'D' on the coins.....

maybe they left money in the cards for him? Mmmmm as his gradutation gift? Who knows. Everyone was secretive about the cards and letters.

Great idea!

Bury a bunch of popular baseball cards, then check back later to retrieve them and sell them for lots of money. ;)

That's a great idea sweet to do such thing for your child/children. Bring back the memories later on in life, neat thing to do.

That's a great idea sweet to do such thing for your child/children. Bring back the memories later on in life, neat thing to do.

Thank you...We didn't think about it and never had one with my daughter (She was 13 at the time) and we only made one for my son because it was a school project. We told everyone about it, they start making one also. I had a keepsake of my daughter thou (I kept my most favorite dress every year and baby clothes, even premature--the size of a cabbage patch doll clothes) and she is expecting a girl next year in April...so she will use her baby clothes she wore as a baby.

We would find Tom Brady's football card buried somewhere like Vam said above mmmm.....

Wow I never seen this post till now. If that car was in a perfect condition like mint, it would cost a fortune!!! They should have kept in a garage and wrap it tight instead of putting in the ground!!! My dad used to have black 1957 Chevy...Wow...

Yeah they should have but technology was not great back then. But now as that other thread mentioned 1998 Prowler is currently buried in Tulsa. So we'll see what happens when they unveil that car in 2048.

My grandparen'ts long time neighbor had a 1956 T-Bird all original and still operates once a while. That car now gone to their son possession.

In my old hometown, Falmouth, Mass, the town have set up the time capsule and buried in the Green Village. They planned to retrieve in 100 yrs from the time they buried.

Back