Thread Creator/Ownership

I was not even flooding, I post and wait to see what other would respond and hopefully join the fun, instead I got insulted by Souggy, even worse the thread said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, which part he dont understand?

Just to clear this up...

Scrolling in a chatroom is different than scrolling on a forum.

As per AD Rules on this scrolling issue;

8.) Members may not scroll unnecessarily. Scrolling can refer to the following:

a.) Excessive quoting
b.) Excessive smilies, pictures
c.) Marquee images, text (scrolling horizontally)
d.) Anything that is repetitious
Thus why it was considered scrolling because it was repetitious.

There are worse things in life than this. I wouldnt sweat the small stuff.\

What I mean is that..there are people dying from the H1N1 flu, losing their jobs and homes, diseases and etc.

If someone is upset about AD members creating threads or derailing threads, maybe take a step back and really think about it. Is it really worth getting all upset over?

btw, what's with people making up their own titles for the news they posted? Some of the titles they make up can be ridiculous

http://www.alldeaf.com/war-politica...anitarian-aid-one-poorest-countries-area.html <----- like this... shouldn't it be " Obama likely to cut off aid to Honduras, based on legal mistake and misreading of the law "instead of "Obama the meanie....." because it is a thread on the latest news? I don't mind if he post his opinions, but the title is very misleading.

Agreed. There's more important things in life than who created a thread first.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet

I kinda find the comment "there are more important issues than trivial matter" funny because if that's the case - then the customer service department wouldn't exist. :)

I will never forget one time when (no names) we had an incident where we found out that a member who we thought was dead was actually alive...people were so, so upset and confused initally. So one member went ahead and created a thread so we could speak about other things freely to help members calm down and it WORKED...we were waiting on the mods to investigate about the incident, etc....and then one member piped, "Hey, mod, you need to close this thread because they didn't ask for my permisson to use MY thread, etc." We tried to explain to this person that we were not trying to steal "his/her" thread but just making a fast outlet so we can get together and talk about random things. The thread was closed...and then people started to go haywire. I was really angry, and felt the member was immature, SELFISH, insensitive, and cold.

I kinda find the comment "there are more important issues than trivial matter" funny because if that's the case - then the customer service department wouldn't exist. :)

I guess I am the kind of person who doesnt believe in sweating over trivial matters and this kind of thing seem trivial to me. Maybe to others, it is not. I guess I will never understand.

I will never forget one time when (no names) we had an incident where we found out that a member who we thought was dead was actually alive...people were so, so upset and confused initally. So one member went ahead and created a thread so we could speak about other things freely to help members calm down and it WORKED...we were waiting on the mods to investigate about the incident, etc....and then one member piped, "Hey, mod, you need to close this thread because they didn't ask for my permisson to use MY thread, etc." We tried to explain to this person that we were not trying to steal "his/her" thread but just making a fast outlet so we can get together and talk about random things. The thread was closed...and then people started to go haywire. I was really angry, and felt the member was immature, SELFISH, insensitive, and cold.

Agreed, I remember that day very well.

:gpost:

Starting a thread is to instigate discussion on that topic. Starting a thread does not mean that all comments will follow a set form of expectations provided by the thread starter. It means "this subject is now ready and open for discussion" and that is all it means.

I'm surprise that alldeaf is now forbid member owns thread? How come I did own my old and new threads before, and none of you guys are complaining? :confused: Owning a thread is not bother me at all since I saw in another forums where people do/did that. :dunno:

I'm surprise that alldeaf is now forbid member owns thread? How come I did own my old and new threads before, and none of you guys are complaining? :confused: Owning a thread is not bother me at all since I saw in another forums where people do/did that. :dunno:

There were a couple of people that were having issues, so the mod had to step in to clear the mud.

I make a motion to have this thread promoted to the THOF. Threads Hall Of Fame.

Keep in mind of the social dynamics of each forum.

Not all forums are Deaf-centric like AD.

AD is quite the Deaf-centric forum as it is very diverse.

You have the CIs, ASL, Bilingualism as well as the diverse languages.

Not a lot of hearing forums can tout this pride as AD can.

This is where owning a thread is not possible because everything in this forum is always open to individualistic interpretations.

Back