Thousands of Shoes Slow Miami Freeway

I at least got out before the "hanging chads" saga. My in-laws are still there (in Palm Beach County) and may they stay there and NEVER come here.

When I was there, I went to Miami for a church convention. In broad daylight in the parking lot of the church, my car was stipped down to nothing left but the frame. Also, when we left in 1996, there was a push in Dade County (Miami) to pass the Spanish language as the primary language, so the standing joke was "Will the last American to leave Dade County please bring the flag?"

:laugh2: your comment about the last american to leave dade county was funny.

i'm sorry to hear about what happened to your car. i've never been to miami before (or florida for that matter), but my mother has on several occaisions and told me that some parts of it are rough even during the day.

"Will the last American to leave Dade County please bring the flag?"

Haha, that reminds me of a sign they had in Seattle in 1960's saying "Will the last driver leaving Seattle turn off the headlights?"

Haha, that reminds me of a sign they had in Seattle in 1960's saying "Will the last driver leaving Seattle turn off the headlights?"

I thought it was, "Would the last person leaving Seattle please turn off the lights?"

Back