This sucks...Polar Bear Plunge

Taylor

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever participated in the Polar Bear Plunge? If you don't know what it is, the name says it all. Tommorrow, I'll be jumping into the Chesapeake Bay, freezing my butt off. Its all for a good cause so I really don't mind doing it (just complaining about it). The plunge benefits Maryland Special Olympics. This will be my first year doing it.

There is a slideshow from last year that can be viewed --HERE--

Anyone ever been?

Taylor, ARE YOU NUTS?! It has to be, what, 28 degrees there now?

Seriously, that is a good cause, and I hope you enjoy it, but Tay, come on, JUMPING into the Chesapeake THIS time of year?! :eek:

Just let me know when to check you into Sheppard Pratt after it's over! :rofl:

:) Have heard of it. San Diego's Polar Beach Plunge was last month when the water was 59degrees...
brr!
HAVE FUN, TAYLOR!

Of course we do have polar bear plunge here in Seattle in a few spots. The water temp is freezing cold! It's like around 40 to 45 water temp, no kidding!

gnarlydorkette said:
:) Have heard of it. San Diego's Polar Beach Plunge was last month when the water was 59degrees...
brr!
HAVE FUN, TAYLOR!

I'd pay for 59 degree water LOL

Don't forget to take pictures of yourself in the freezing water...

You are CRAZY!!

:hug: Good luck Taylor tomorrow. My daughter did a Polar Bear Plunge up in Beverly, Ma. last year for the Cancer Society. Like you, she said it was for a good cause, and she had fun at the same time. It's a wonderful thing you're doing for these Special People.

:topic: It's so wonderful to see you back on alldeaf Taylor, welcome back!!! :thumb:

Back on topic: good luck tomorrow!!! :thumb:

Taylor Cheers to your health. Now you will know why the Russians love the polar bear plunge. It can be good for your health if you know what you are doing. It is all even the better when it is done for a good cause. Bring plenty of warm clothes and be near a hot shower. :) :thumb:

I want to say good luck with your plunge tomorrow. It is really nice of you to be doing this to benefit Maryland Special Olympics :)

same here in Wisconsin, I heard Wisconsin have a largest donation for Speical Olympics. i had watch people jump in the lake on the tv.. some of them so funny some of them are chicken.

Good luck!

I wouldn't dare do that or otherwise my tits will poked out! :lol:

My daughter did joined polar bear club last winter 2005 in Madison, Wisconsin. She assured me that she would stay in cold water for only a few min and that there's some people there with hot chocolate and warm towels ready for when she and others comes out of freezing water. She was so proud of herself for doing this. For me to do this? brrrr no way! lol

You're really brave, Taylor!!! :jaw: Let me know how it went.

Never heard of that before, I guess I'm new on that one....

But have fun Taylor...

I have took a dip in the freezing cold river up in the mountains....*screams* also in the freezing cold lake at the waterfront of Seattle! BRRRRRRR!!!! Good luck Taylor, though!

sequoias said:
I have took a dip in the freezing cold river up in the mountains....*screams* also in the freezing cold lake at the waterfront of Seattle! BRRRRRRR!!!! Good luck Taylor, though!

Why not fill the bathtub with only cold water and add some ice cubes?.... :D

^Angel^ said:
Why not fill the bathtub with only cold water and add some ice cubes?.... :D

*screaming* nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For all the right reasons to freeze off for a few minutes out of your life towards a very good worthy cause and purpose--bid you all the best, with 'warm' thoughts on your mission! ;)

Back