this sound like healthy food diet help loss weight????

My Dr. has put me on a diet and he also says to divide my meals and have less than 30 percent of total calories as fat. He says to eat healthy fat such as avocadoes. He says that mashed avocado and not mayo on a sandwich will help you lose weight and lower cholesterol. He says that lots of vegetables and no (NO) red meat is best for me. He did like it when I was healthier vegetarian but understands how hard that is with no good whole foods store here. I try very hard now not to gain more weight. I have lost a pound a week so far. That is the goal. Slow and steady so not to stress the heart and to keep the weight off. He said that fast weight loss can stress the heart. How do you feel about that? I did not know that or had forgotten it.

Oh, my goal is to lose as much weight as my large dog weighs. lol

Slow and steady weight loss is the way to go. Very rapid weight loss is not healthy for the heart.

The more your food is made from scratch, and the more fruits and vegetables you eat, the more you opt for vegetable fat over animal fat, the better off you'll be health-wise.

Slow and steady weight loss is the way to go. Very rapid weight loss is not healthy for the heart.

The more your food is made from scratch, and the more fruits and vegetables you eat, the more you opt for vegetable fat over animal fat, the better off you'll be health-wise.

also in case of rapid weight loss, this releases enough toxins buried in your fat to kill you

I had to google that. So you soak your rice for about a day before cooking it?

Not all the web sites said the same thing.

I have the Zojirushi cooker(very expensive). True GABA takes 24 hours to soak and you can't do it at home because the water colud go bad. The machine I have does it for 2 hours, not the same, but it's something.

You can also buy pre-soaked rice(germinated), but it is very expensive.

That is true. But its also true that some foods are more of a trigger for an out of control appetite for some people. For me it's chocolate, for others it may be salty potato chips. I can have one chip and not want another for a long time but that is definitely not true for a lot of people.

I can't just have one piece of chocolate anything except for hot chocolate.

I'm tired of yo-yoing up and down the weight scale. So ... no more chocolate for me. Except for hot chocolate, that doesn't trigger the same kind of reaction for me. Probably because I'm actually reacting to the chocolate, sugar & fat combination and when I do have hot chocolate its low-fat chocolate with additional spices -- not just sugar. I also add in cinnamon and cayenne pepper. I love cayenne pepper!

Anyway, to bring this back to the OP. Figure out if you have any out of control appetite triggers and if you do, quit them cold turkey. It is much easier to be in charge of what you eat if you avoid those foods then to just try to have a little of those foods and then try to stick to a reasonable eating plan. It's like an alcoholic trying to say he can have one drink a day. Uh, no -- not everyone can.

I discovered something very fascinating - all my life I've had a very sweet tooth and always loved candy to the point of stealing my siblings' hallowe'en candy. had no resistance to rock candy or chocolate and this was something I always dealt with my entire life. However, since switching to veganism, my sweet tooth virtually disappeared. I still like sweets but I can easily go for days without having a hankering for something sweet to eat. Not even when I was a meat eating bodybuilder did my taste for sugar diminish, it was just controlled and managed. Now, there's no need to control it because the cravings don't exist anymore.

since i start on new diet, my crave for chocolate, sweet food reduce little. but i still fight crave for lava chocolate raspberry cake. that my weakness!

LavaCake.jpg

Actually Grummer was absolutely correct in that 5-6 smaller meals a day is far more efficiently utilized energy-wise than three big ones.

Caroline, that wasn't what I meant:

btw, whether you eat 5 small meals or three big ones - as long as you stay within burn more- eat less, you lose weight all the same.

I simply point out about calorie intake vs burning them at the end of the day.

Fuzzy

Back