this sound like healthy food diet help loss weight????

My out of control eating trigger happens once a month during PMS when I crave salty and spicy foods so I pig out on Mexican cuisine especially with chips and salsa. Ugh..so frustrating.

Also, another weakness is very very sharp New York Cheddar cheese.

Your menu did look healthy, I read in Dr oz book that if we don't eat regular, its like holding breath under water. Soon as u go up .. gasp for air! Same w food. It recommended 45 or more min a day of consistent exercise and 2 cups water before eating, and breathe deep often. And don't punish and feel guilty if over eat or eat too much sweet just keep back on track. And if do for 14 day it resets your body automatic. Makes much easier continue. Oh and also don't depend on scales, use a waist tape measure instead.. check every week for progress. Good luck nice to know ppl want healthy lifestyle :)

Your menu did look healthy, I read in Dr oz book that if we don't eat regular, its like holding breath under water. Soon as u go up .. gasp for air! Same w food. It recommended 45 or more min a day of consistent exercise and 2 cups water before eating, and breathe deep often. And don't punish and feel guilty if over eat or eat too much sweet just keep back on track. And if do for 14 day it resets your body automatic. Makes much easier continue. Oh and also don't depend on scales, use a waist tape measure instead.. check every week for progress. Good luck nice to know ppl want healthy lifestyle :)

I think our bodies need at least one day of rest instead of exercising every day. I tried that and ended up being burnt out.

Healthy dinner...

salad with rice noodles, shredded chicken, mint leaves, carrots, red leaf lettuce, chopped peanuts, cucumber, sweet onions, cilantro with my home made sweet & sour sauce and hubby's homemade wheat bread.

Attachments

• dinner.jpg
    dinner.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 6
calories is bullshit, you need to understand fat burning metabolism that is important.eat lots small snacks 5x-6x day and water...but start of with rockn'robin tips first....

That's where you are wrong. Dead wrong.

Notice that in every legitimate weight loss program, such as Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig,
or- TV The Biggest Loser, etc where really only the TRAINED nutritionists and trainers
work on the special menus and exercise programs, people actually LOSE weight - IF they stick to the suggestions - -

they always always always have the calorie content of the food/meal they
provide.

have you ever seen The Biggest Loser episode where the contestants had to
compete in quickly arrange the dishes
in order from their lowest to highest caloric content ? (or vice versa, but whatever)

WHY is that?
Because every diet, regardless of whether it is concentrated on "fat burning metabolism", "glicemic index", "low carbs" etc- has one common denominator -
always! - it's usually low calorie anyway, and
you must burn more than you eat, period.

btw, whether you eat 5 small meals or three big ones - as long as you stay within burn more- eat less, you lose weight all the same.

That is, if you want to lose weight. If you want to stay steady, just burn what you eat.

RockinRobin - her diet suggestion are precisely LOW CALORIE diet -
lost of veggies, steamed chicken, NO junk food, low fat milk,
no alcohol ( lots of calories!), no sugared cereal etc - all great merits of good low calorie diet :)

Fuzzy

I'm not sure if this is different in the US but a nutritionist isn't a protected term. Anyone can call themselves a nutritionist. This isn't to say that what they're saying isn't true but just be slightly wary if someone calls themself that. A dietician on the otherhand, is the legally protected term....in the UK anyway :)

Healthy dinner...

salad with rice noodles, shredded chicken, mint leaves, carrots, red leaf lettuce, chopped peanuts, cucumber, sweet onions, cilantro with my home made sweet & sour sauce and hubby's homemade wheat bread.

that look delicious!!!!!!! cook for me please? i hire you be my chef :P

Notice that in every legitimate weight loss program, such as Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig,
or- TV The Biggest Loser, etc where really only the TRAINED nutritionists and trainers
work on the special menus and exercise programs, people actually LOSE weight - IF they stick to the suggestions - -

provide.

in order from their lowest to highest caloric content ? (or vice versa, but whatever)

WHY is that?
Because every diet, regardless of whether it is concentrated on "fat burning metabolism", "glicemic index", "low carbs" etc- has one common denominator -

btw, whether you eat 5 small meals or three big ones - as long as you stay within burn more- eat less, you lose weight all the same.

That is, if you want to lose weight. If you want to stay steady, just burn what you eat.

no alcohol ( lots of calories!), no sugared cereal etc - all great merits of good low calorie diet :)

Fuzzy

yes i agree. i hear that many time "burn more calorie than you eat" i eat many veggies now, also fruit, less sugar food and i never eaten junk or fast food. ewww but i must learn stop temptation eat sweet food like cake or cookie at nighttime. i will adding salmon on my diet for dinner. i hear fish have healthy fatty, omega 3s. now i focus on low calorie diet!!!!

no no no, Not calories, you must 'tickle' the body into Burning Mode...thats the trick,Burn the fat is all about controlling your metabolism NOT what you eat (well it is, but not the 'counting' it is more the TYPE and when you eat...

and how you eat is more important than WHAT you eat

no no no, Not calories, you must 'tickle' the body into Burning Mode...thats the trick,Burn the fat is all about controlling your metabolism NOT what you eat (well it is, but not the 'counting' it is more the TYPE and when you eat...

Torque, baby, torque, baby! That'll burn off the fats. :-D

I think our bodies need at least one day of rest instead of exercising every day. I tried that and ended up being burnt out.

Sounds good to me! Its also everybody has different response to rest and food and exercises. If keep learning more about oneself and pay attention to how body response to everything I should hope its a good thing lol otherwise im screwed and should just go to the bar. And just party and have all the goodies :hmm:
Many good suggestions on this post I like I like :cool2:

i know, i not exercise everyday bec my body need break. i thinking about exercise 4 days everyweek. i will running and also, my friend give me her treadmill!!!! i will using it tonight.

i know, i not exercise everyday bec my body need break. i thinking about exercise 4 days everyweek. i will running and also, my friend give me her treadmill!!!! i will using it tonight.

Some people, when they go to the gym, will exercise every part of their body on the same day....it's a better idea to just exercise ur biceps and triceps one day...legs, squats the next day...etc., etc. Not all at once. That gives the muscles a day to rest...using the Treadmill should come first (to warm up).....and then last after you've exercised....Crunches first also (for the stomach).

Bring ur water bottle...and I was always extremely hungry after working out!...Going to the Subway for a Turkey Melt was delicious!

I am not sure if you realise when you burn fat, you burn calories.
and since the fat contribute to a lot of calories, by burning it you simply burn a LOT of calories. The trick is to burn more than you eat, still.

Also, fat is not the only thing that controls metabolism. many factors control metabolism, and fat will control only ONE aspect of metabolism.
Read this for starters:
Metabolism

this is VERY interesting:
By now you’re probably wondering how you could increase your metabolic rate. That’s a good question. Here’s a simple formula for making it happen. First you’d begin to start exercising and you’d stop the dieting.

but you do need to change your eating habits as they obviously don't work

Ideally you want to eat foods that are lower in fat.

! exactly!! and less sugar

What is a Metabolism?

Now, this is what metabolism is.

But to actually LOSE weight, you STILL need to burn more than you eat.
For this, you need to be aware of the calorie content of the food you eat, no matter how many times a day.

You can't exercise ( or "burn the fat" all day) to burn up 3000 calories,
while at the same time eat 3.500 cal.

It won't work. You'll still gain weight.

I agree, however, there are two ways to lose weight - by burning fat, and by watching what you eat. Both require knowledge of calories.

I hardly ever exercised in my life. I simply know my food, what is the limit to my calorie intake.
And my weight at 165cm/5'4 was from 49kg at my lowest to 67kg at my highest - 100lbs to 147.4 lbs - ever.
I eat everything. Just low fat, little sugar, lots of veggies and fruit.
I do eat cakes and other sweets sometimes.

Fuzzy

When I was a bodybuilder, I ate very clean food, absolutely nothing processed or refined whatsoever. Everything was made from scratch. However, I did allow myself one meal or one day a week in which I ate anything i wanted which made it very easy to stick to an otherwise very clean diet. I lived this way for about 7 years straight. Once you really understand nutrition and how your body processes fats, carbs and proteins, then it becomes supereasy after that to eat well without even thinking about it or worrying about weight.

so far, new diet successful. i exercising too, and i keep on lose weight. i stop eat sugar food like ice cream. very little dairy. i stop drink whole milk and stop eat sugary cereal like fruit loop. now for breakfast, i eat special K cereal with dried fruit and skim milk. then i have grapefruit and real orange juice. my diet improve!!!!!! before i eat too much starch and carb. now no more, i reduce. i been eat many fresh vegetable and fruit everyday. it make me feel more energy and good mood!!! less depression!!!!!

provide.

WHY is that?

Fuzzy

Actually Grummer was absolutely correct in that 5-6 smaller meals a day is far more efficiently utilized energy-wise than three big ones.

The nutritionist that I saw a while back said just what DC and Grummer are saying. It is better for most people to have 5-6 "mini-meals" daily as opposed to 3 big meals. Also, not that it matters here, but most diabetics are advised that it is also safer for their glycemic index to eat 6 mini-meals daily.

When I was on Weight Watchers, and using the point plan, I went with the 6 mini-meals daily and lost quite a bit of weight and always felt satisfied through the day. I can't do that now as I have to do all the meals and my mother can't eat that way, and my son feels he needs more food.

Yes, you do need to burn more calories and you consume to lose weight, but you also need to eat more effectively and keep your glycemic index level throughout the day as well.

Back