This is why dating online is bad for you

It's not really so much as falsified information, I think it's just the age, maturity of the person in the 'online relationship'. I was 18 at the time, and i just met a friend, (whom now teaches me sign language. :) ) at an HRID (huntsville registry of interpreters for the deaf) meeting. I thought that was weird enough. anyway, just my two cents.

Came here to say that my wife and I met online. She is British and I'm American. I flew here in Sept. 2004 and despite all of the hardships we've faced it's worked. ;)

Well, some people are lucky find right person through internet. Some are bad no luck. To my bad experiences I had met 2 guys from internet and it didn't work out. One guy who is from California and I chatted with him online for about 3 months then he came here to meet me in person and we had good times visiting but one thing turn me off about him asked me if I want have kid from him then he will require me to sign his agreement paper so He don't need to pay child support to me which it turn me off. Oh my gosh it look he is trying to take an advantage of woman. I thought he was very nice guy but I'm wrong. So I have not talk with him online again so far!! There is other one guy who is from Washington State and we had chatted online for about 2 months then he decided to come here to visit me in person and he pay for our camping out in cabins and hot sauna for good time on weekend. I thought he was really nice guy so we go ahead fall in deeply love then he came back home to his state. Then later online he told me that he already have girlfriend after he visited me. I asked him why but I cannot stop him anyway.. It looks like he cheat on me and I let him go and won't talk with him again.

Geez...what a nutcase to ask u to sign the agreement paper. Good thing he did that instead of going further with him and then getting hurt even worse. The other guy ...he is a player obviously. I have met players thru online dating.

Anyways, I have one question about this whole thing. If people are going to set themselves up for online dating, why lie about their appearances knowing that they will meet a potential date and get busted anyway? Maybe those people lie to themselves about their appearances and cant accept their looks.

I think it's because of how some guys are, that likes good looking girls, and doesn't want an ugly or overweight ones, maybe the girls just wanted them to get to know them personally for who they are inside then what they appears on the outside....

I think it's because of how some guys are, that likes good looking girls, and doesn't want an ugly or overweight ones, maybe the girls just wanted them to get to know them personally for who they are inside then what they appears on the outside....

That's full of BS. if you re not happy with your looks, then do something about it. Get extreme makeover and ur looks will dramatically improve. Poor groom/maintence looks indicate you have low self-esteem and are lazy like jabba hut.

Looks are important as personality is.

That's full of BS. if you re not happy with your looks, then do something about it. Get extreme makeover and ur looks will dramatically improve. Poor groom/maintence looks indicate you have low self-esteem and are lazy like jabba hut.

No looks are not all that important, if you want to be a shallow be it, because believe me nobody likes a person who's so shallow. It's what inside the heart counts the most included the personality. Would you rather to have a most beautiful skinny woman with a lousy personality or an overweight woman with a beautiful personality. You decide.

KINGOFNOOBS
*cough* obvouis you're not satisfty your spouse , will you force her/him do makeover.. sound like you're cruel..

Not even think about inside or outside personalities...
I think you're in rude your comment.. don't dare you say B.S. anyone..
Fact can be vary people who feel low or ego self esteem but not all of it..

{Mod's Edit - Previous post has been removed.}

What if someone was born with a facial defect?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my gosh.. that guy should have not hanged himself over that ? he could have meet more? dang..

I met few from online but i remained friends with to this day except one, ugh!

My bf- i knew him from school as we went to same school, so small world. :)

Where did I say that I wasn't happy about my looks?....And IF someone is overweight it doesn't mean they're LAZY! , why don't you walk a miles or so in someone's shoes instead of sitting here and telling us to get a make-over, maybe you need one....

IF I had a daughter I'll make sure she never dated ya

Where did I say that I wasn't happy about my looks?....And IF someone is overweight it doesn't mean they're LAZY! , why don't you walk a miles or so in someone's shoes instead of sitting here and telling us to get a make-over, maybe you need one....

IF I had a daughter I'll make sure she never dated ya

I agree with u. Maybe I should warn my daughter now! :giggle:

Looks are not that important and mean NOTHING to me. I had date few handsome cute guys but they are jerk or stink personalities and I had learn my lesson. So I only look at people's personalities are most important than looks.. I don't mind if I date ugly guy with great personality. lol I don't understand why most people are worry about looks and refuse date ugly person.

Looks are not that important and mean NOTHING to me. I had date few handsome cute guys but they are jerk or stink personalities and I had learn my lesson. So I only look at people's personalities are most important than looks.. I don't mind if I date ugly guy with great personality. lol I don't understand why most people are worry about looks and refuse date ugly person.

I know..I agree with u. I think it is the pop culture of bombarding the public with images of super beautiful people that make many people (I was one of them b4) look for good looking people to date.

I am married and everything and my husband loves me for who I am but a deep part inside of me wants to go back to being a sexy size 9 that I was 4 years ago. I ask myself why do I want that...the answer is I dont really know. To impress other people or to impress myself? :dunno:

This is why the VP-100/200 is an essential tool for the Deaf Bachelor's arsenal! ;) Why, with the VP-200 unit, I could pan the view all over the city of Miami from my 30th floor bachelor pad, err, umm, penthouse unit! ;) (Ok, I got a little bit carried away with the penthouse unit remark!)

*raised eyebrow*Is that so? You seem to forget that there are webcams in existence, and they works just as well. :)

Ohh, you've got a penthouse :eek3: Now that makes me wanna date you, ha! It's nice to dream, no?

Off the track, you know who Endymion are, and what he looks like. Do you have a picture of him to post in here? I know many women in here desperately wants to know. *insert wicked laughter* ;)

Sorry in advance, if you're inundated with PMs from fellow ADers demanding a photo of Endymion. He he.

Back