This is why dating online is bad for you

lumbingmi

Reaction score
BEIJING -- A 17-year-old boy in northeastern China was so disappointed with the looks of a woman he met over the Internet that he hanged himself after seeing her face-to-face, state media reported Friday.

The unnamed teenager first contacted the woman -- known by her chat moniker "Qunjiaofeiyang", or "Flying Skirt" -- using the popular Chinese online messaging software QQ, Xinhua news agency said.

The girl described herself as a beautiful 19-year-old and the pair chatted on the Web for weeks before arranging a December 26 rendezvous in the nearby city of Mudanjiang, in far northeastern Heilongjiang province.

The boy arrived to discover the woman far less attractive than advertised and 10 years older than him, Xinhua said.

The boy immediately returned home, lost his appetite, and four days later hanged himself from a tree.

PICS PICS PICS !!!!!!

Chinese teen kills self when blind date turns ugly -- report - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos

He has no reason to commit suicide there's some people on the internet are not fully honest while there are others who are. He just had one bad blind date. I'm sorry that he had to end his life in a short period of time. It's sad. :(

17 years old is too young to be going out and meeting strangers off the internet, 18 is the legal age. I do believe it's important for on-liners to be honest with who they chat with before meeting them in real life. It's important not to rush to meet, take the time as much possible to get to know a person very well before meeting in person, if you trust your instincts that this person is someone you can trust that he/she being fully honest with you with everything, then go ahead and meet the person. If you get a "funny feeling" about a person that you've been chatting with and sometimes you've caught that person with a lie, it's best not to meet that person, he/she could be the wrong one for all the wrong reasons. Although most of us want a lasting, loving romantic relationship, not everyone is the right someone for us. It takes time and patient. ;)

Desperate people do desperate things.

I am curious what that woman looks like. Certainly worse than this one:

beautiful.jpg

That's so sad, Unfortunelly there ARE some people out there that will not be totally honest about themseleves, and they may have a reason to...If you're going to take the risk of meeting someone whether it's a blind date or from online chat or any other type of sites then you know that your chances may not be what you're hoping to see...That's why it's important to know what to expect, sometimes it may be something good or bad out of this...but really there's no reason to end your life over someone that hasn't been honest in the very begining, I can truly understand he was heartbroken, but at the same time, ya know you can't expect to fall in love with someone that you haven't even met yet....Well I am just as guilty as he is, since I did fell in love with someone that I met online chat, I waited 8 months to get to know him very well, I knew the odds in this, but I took that risk and flew to his hometown and met him....Now we've been together for almost 5 years now and will marry this July....Sometimes we may get something good out of this, sometimes we won't....But just remember there are millions of fishes out in the sea and of course we may have a couple of brokenhearts, until we finally meet the right ONE....I'm sorry that this had happened to him, and I just hope that some people will think twice on how far they willing to lie and hurt someone's feelings... :(

That's so sad, Unfortunelly there ARE some people out there that will not be totally honest about themseleves, and they may have a reason to...If you're going to take the risk of meeting someone whether it's a blind date or from online chat or any other type of sites then you know that your chances may not be what you're hoping to see...That's why it's important to know what to expect, sometimes it may be something good or bad out of this...but really there's no reason to end your life over someone that hasn't been honest in the very begining, I can truly understand he was heartbroken, but at the same time, ya know you can't expect to fall in love with someone that you haven't even met yet....Well I am just as guilty as he is, since I did fell in love with someone that I met online chat, I waited 8 months to get to know him very well, I knew the odds in this, but I took that risk and flew to his hometown and met him....Now we've been together for almost 5 years now and will marry this July....Sometimes we may get something good out of this, sometimes we won't....But just remember there are millions of fishes out in the sea and of course we may have a couple of brokenhearts, until we finally meet the right ONE....I'm sorry that this had happened to him, and I just hope that some people will think twice on how far they willing to lie and hurt someone's feelings... :(

True! I am agree with you!

Geez!!! Lucky my hubby and I were match! because we met online 8 years ago!

Geez!!! Lucky my hubby and I were match! because we met online 8 years ago!

Yeah, we too we meet each other on the line in 1998. We fell in love each other then got married. :D

Of course, we were very nervous to met each other at the airport. We went out for a dinner and ride in Boston. He flew back next day. Then, I drove down to Pittsburgh, PA to stay with his family for few days. We started to fell in love each other on the duck boat in city of Pittsburgh. It was most of romantic ever I had to view a beautiful Pittsburgh cities at night.

My hubby and I met online. We've been together for 7 yrs and been married for almost 5 yrs. Pictures are important and so is honesty.

Online dating is just a 'tool' like a pen and paper. With a pen and paper you can write 'letter', smilarly we can communicate with people via online. Success depends on our honesty :)

I agree with everyone's points so far and that is great for some of u that met the right person online. Did the online dating thing...nothing panned out. Met my hubby in the old fashioned way..thru friends.

Anyways, I have one question about this whole thing. If people are going to set themselves up for online dating, why lie about their appearances knowing that they will meet a potential date and get busted anyway? Maybe those people lie to themselves about their appearances and cant accept their looks.

Yeah, we too we meet each other on the line in 1998. We fell in love each other then got married. :D

Of course, we were very nervous to met each other at the airport. We went out for a dinner and ride in Boston. He flew back next day. Then, I drove down to Pittsburgh, PA to stay with his family for few days. We started to fell in love each other on the duck boat in city of Pittsburgh. It was most of romantic ever I had to view a beautiful Pittsburgh cities at night.

aww cool

we re meet in San Francisco in Ca !!! Love it

My hubby and I met online. We've been together for 7 yrs and been married for almost 5 yrs. Pictures are important and so is honesty.

congrat and is your hubby same in your state? Me here Ma and My hubby was in Ca!

This is why the VP-100/200 is an essential tool for the Deaf Bachelor's arsenal! ;) Why, with the VP-200 unit, I could pan the view all over the city of Miami from my 30th floor bachelor pad, err, umm, penthouse unit! ;) (Ok, I got a little bit carried away with the penthouse unit remark!)

Well, some people are lucky find right person through internet. Some are bad no luck. To my bad experiences I had met 2 guys from internet and it didn't work out. One guy who is from California and I chatted with him online for about 3 months then he came here to meet me in person and we had good times visiting but one thing turn me off about him asked me if I want have kid from him then he will require me to sign his agreement paper so He don't need to pay child support to me which it turn me off. Oh my gosh it look he is trying to take an advantage of woman. I thought he was very nice guy but I'm wrong. So I have not talk with him online again so far!! There is other one guy who is from Washington State and we had chatted online for about 2 months then he decided to come here to visit me in person and he pay for our camping out in cabins and hot sauna for good time on weekend. I thought he was really nice guy so we go ahead fall in deeply love then he came back home to his state. Then later online he told me that he already have girlfriend after he visited me. I asked him why but I cannot stop him anyway.. It looks like he cheat on me and I let him go and won't talk with him again.

him asked me if I want have kid from him then he will require me to sign his agreement paper so He don't need to pay child support to me which it turn me off.
That kind of agreement is generally uneforceable in courts as a matter of public policy, anyway. However, the point stands; the mere fact that he even suggested it in the first place is a huge warning sign about him as a person.

Well, some people are lucky find right person through internet. Some are bad no luck. To my bad experiences I had met 2 guys from internet and it didn't work out. One guy who is from California and I chatted with him online for about 3 months then he came here to meet me in person and we had good times visiting but one thing turn me off about him asked me if I want have kid from him then he will require me to sign his agreement paper so He don't need to pay child support to me which it turn me off. Oh my gosh it look he is trying to take an advantage of woman. I thought he was very nice guy but I'm wrong. So I have not talk with him online again so far!! There is other one guy who is from Washington State and we had chatted online for about 2 months then he decided to come here to visit me in person and he pay for our camping out in cabins and hot sauna for good time on weekend. I thought he was really nice guy so we go ahead fall in deeply love then he came back home to his state. Then later online he told me that he already have girlfriend after he visited me. I asked him why but I cannot stop him anyway.. It looks like he cheat on me and I let him go and won't talk with him again.

Oh my G... They re F*&( LOSERS!!!!!! Next time Careful ugh..

We chatted online for 5 months with eveynights!!! also lots of questions

Back