This is where I'm from

Nice. Did they instruct you and others how to call 911 or anything that has happens in the house?

How often do you have workshops or meetings?

The others aren't quite as well-practiced at staying calm during a 911 call-- I had the misfortune 10 years ago to make such a call, and I was the calmest of that bunch, and got my former staff the help he needed-- the paramedics said any later he wouldn't have survived.

As for meetings, it would be nice to have them monthly like we're supposed to, but the problem is their schedule-- there's hardly any time to fit a meeting into a 9-5 schedule.

Mark

Sent from my Asus Memo Pad using AllDeaf Mobile App

no problem, Chicago :)

WDYS! here Wayne’s Story | Thresholds
it was part of a listing called "Profiles"

That is very moving. I had some clients that was veterans , some from Vietnam war , or Korean War . There are some homeless vets in my city . I wonder where they're staying in this long hard winter. There a homeless shelter not to far my city but they're over crowded this time of year. Thank you for posting the link

Great program indeed. At first I thought maybe you belonged with another Chicago program called Bridge which basically does the same thing, helping people. Wonder if they changed the name or it's another program. I knew of a friend who belonged to Bridge and they were helping him and others. This was years years ago though.

Glad that they are helping you to be a functional independent individual.

Great program indeed. At first I thought maybe you belonged with another Chicago program called Bridge which basically does the same thing, helping people. Wonder if they changed the name or it's another program. I knew of a friend who belonged to Bridge and they were helping him and others. This was years years ago though.

Glad that they are helping you to be a functional independent individual.

Funny you mention the Bridge program. They are part of Thresholds, and where I orginially came from in 2010.

Mark

Sent from my ZTE Groove Cricket phone via AllDeaf Mobile App

Funny you mention the Bridge program. They are part of Thresholds, and where I orginially came from in 2010.

Mark

Ah no wonder everything you said about the program sounded too familiar seeing my friend go through it. I didn't want to say anything until now since you bought it up. That's cool because then now I understand exactly what the program is. You are in good hands then.

Ah no wonder everything you said about the program sounded too familiar seeing my friend go through it. I didn't want to say anything until now since you bought it up. That's cool because then now I understand exactly what the program is. You are in good hands then.

Indeed I am. I have lived at my current residence almost 4 years, but before that, I lived at the Bridge program for 5. That's 9 years I've lived on Thresholds property, but the last 4 have been some of my best years, and more to come. :D

Mark

Very interesting; thanks for sharing. :)

Very interesting; thanks for sharing. :)

You're very welcome. I had been wanting to share the info for a while, but had to make sure it was okay to do so.

Mark

Thanks for sharing Mark, may you have some great times!

I know there are three similar agencies here in San Francisco. I support threshold, and other similar agencies, because they are much better than group home.

I know there are three similar agencies here in San Francisco. I support threshold, and other similar agencies, because they are much better than group home.

Yes, they are. The whole idea is to let us be independent, and even though I already live independently, the only thing I need to work on is money management, and then I'm golden.

Mark

How are they helping you with money management? I'm guessing your SS goes to them then they give you what's leftover after deducting rent from the check?

Mark, it's good that you posted "where you are from" but now it's important for you to focus on "where you are going."

Our personal histories and experiences are important in shaping us but most important is how we use those experiences to make life better for ourselves and others. I hope you can do that. :)

How are they helping you with money management? I'm guessing your SS goes to them then they give you what's leftover after deducting rent from the check?

That was then. The Social Security Administration has ordered them to have checks electronically deposited, just like everybody else. That means that those of us who are independent are responsible for paying our own bills and ensuring we have the budget to do so. Why do you think I keep telling people I'm paying my own bills? Because times have changed.

Mark

Mark, it's good that you posted "where you are from" but now it's important for you to focus on "where you are going."

Our personal histories and experiences are important in shaping us but most important is how we use those experiences to make life better for ourselves and others. I hope you can do that. :)

More than capable. Just need to get on the right track.

Mark

Yes, they are. The whole idea is to let us be independent, and even though I already live independently, the only thing I need to work on is money management, and then I'm golden.
You'll experience true independence when the safety net is gone. It can be painful but it's the final step.

That means, you learn not just how to manage your money but you learn how to provide your own resources, if not in full at least in the majority.

You'll experience true independence when the safety net is gone. It can be painful but it's the final step.

That means, you learn not just how to manage your money but you learn how to provide your own resources, if not in full at least in the majority.

That's true. You're right; not full access, but majority, which is the idea.

Mark

That was then. The Social Security Administration has ordered them to have checks electronically deposited, just like everybody else. That means that those of us who are independent are responsible for paying our own bills and ensuring we have the budget to do so. Why do you think I keep telling people I'm paying my own bills? Because times have changed.
Just a clarification.

When people say "I'm paying my own bills" they don't just mean that they're writing the checks, or using the debit card, or using direct payments.

They mean that they are providing their own earned income to pay their way.

You see, it's not just the act of paying a bill; it's the act of earning the funds that you use to pay that bill.

Just a clarification.

When people say "I'm paying my own bills" they don't just mean that they're writing the checks, or using the debit card, or using direct payments.

They mean that they are providing their own earned income to pay their way.

You see, it's not just the act of paying a bill; it's the act of earning the funds that you use to pay that bill.

That's true. I can't say the same, but at the same time, I still have responsibility, and making sure things are paid for is one of them. I also have to take care of my health, and take care of others as needed.

Mark

Back