This is where I'm from

ChicagoBlue2

Veteran Traveler
Premium Member
Reaction score
After consulting with my staff, I have been given permission to give my program's website, and here it is:

Thresholds | Home. Health. Hope.

Hopefully this will answer some of your questions about me and my program.

Any further questions, PM me.

Mark

Sent from my Asus Memo Pad using AllDeaf Mobile App

:ty: for sharing that, I was moved reading the different people's stories-

:ty: for sharing that, I was moved reading the different people's stories-

You're welcome. I only wish I could tell you which part I'm from, but I've been told not to.

Mark

Hey, you all. There's a little something about me you DON'T know. I'm a part of this group in the second paragraph.

http://www.thresholds.org/members/members-council/

This group does a lot to care for others, myself included.

Also, we handle all kinds of stuff-- not just basic stuff, but complicated stuff, too. We do it all.

Mark

how long was i asleep?
who are you and what have done with mark?
the mark i know ....wouldnt
we argued..he said no way, fat chance, never, never...
(shakes head)

i...

oh never mind..

how long was i asleep?
who are you and what have done with mark?
the mark i know ....wouldnt
we argued..he said no way, fat chance, never, never...
(shakes head)

i...

oh never mind..

Same Mark as ever-- albeit some discussion with my people. No worries-- it's all good and legal-- I double-checked. But they DID tell me NOT to release certain information, and I gotta follow what they say. That includes my location.

Mark

Wow! Sounds like a great program!!! More programs like these are badly needed.

Wow! Sounds like a great program!!! More programs like these are badly needed.

Thank You. They are the leaders around the US, and prior to my joining in 2005, I visited one other program, but eventually realized this here was a good fit for my needs. Now, my staff allow me to do things on my own without needing their approval, and they also don't pay my bills for me, either-- I do all of that myself-- that's what their goal is.

Mark

Nice. Do all of staffs know ASL?

The majority of our staff do know ASL, yes. There are four hearing staff who know ASL, plus an interpreter. However, the Deaf programs mainly have Deaf/HoH staff working there.

Mark

I can see why you felt comfortable living in there. The program found you a home where you live now.

Curious how did you find this program?

I can see why you felt comfortable living in there. The program found you a home where you live now.

Curious how did you find this program?

Well, before my current residence, I USED to live in a 24/7 group home, and before I moved to that one, I lived in another one further up north, and Thresholds was one of the places I visited in 2005-- I also visited there in 2004, as well, but my former school district determined it was too early for me to leave, despite my having turned 21 that year. I moved to the group home in June 2005, and then moved to an independent housing program in July 2010, and have lived here since then.

Mark

Well, before my current residence, I USED to live in a 24/7 group home, and before I moved to that one, I lived in another one further up north, and Thresholds was one of the places I visited in 2005-- I also visited there in 2004, as well, but my former school district determined it was too early for me to leave, despite my having turned 21 that year. I moved to the group home in June 2005, and then moved to an independent housing program in July 2010, and have lived here since then.

Mark

That make sense. How many staffs in your independent house?

That make sense. How many staffs in your independent house?

There aren't any. That's the whole idea-- to let us make our own decisions based on real-life events and teach us how to react to those situations. They won't be hands on unless there's a serious emergency or a bad situation here, and because I have prior experience with seeing and witnessing bad stuff here, I know exactly what kind of warning signs to look for.

Mark

There aren't any. That's the whole idea-- to let us make our own decisions based on real-life events and teach us how to react to those situations. They won't be hands on unless there's a serious emergency or a bad situation here, and because I have prior experience with seeing and witnessing bad stuff here, I know exactly what kind of warning signs to look for.

Mark

Ok how often do you have to report to that program? every day or every other day or one time a week?

do you have communication logs/daily what to do all day to write then bring them to the Independence housing office?

Ok how often do you have to report to that program? every day or every other day or one time a week?

do you have communication logs/daily what to do all day to write then bring them to the Independence housing office?

I am required to communicate with them on an as-needed basis, but as for the paperwork stuff, IL law requires that staff meet with us at least once a week, and it must be documented so that they can get the necessary funding from the state. They're really strict with paperwork deadlines-- staff have up to 72 hours to finish it all. There's a computer here for staff use, but if an emergency comes up, I have to use any means necessary to get their attention.

Mark

I am required to communicate with them on an as-needed basis, but as for the paperwork stuff, IL law requires that staff meet with us at least once a week, and it must be documented so that they can get the necessary funding from the state. They're really strict with paperwork deadlines-- staff have up to 72 hours to finish it all. There's a computer here for staff use, but if an emergency comes up, I have to use any means necessary to get their attention.

Mark

Nice. Did they instruct you and others how to call 911 or anything that has happens in the house?

How often do you have workshops or meetings?

Back