Thinking of getting a new CI

so.. when is the appointment for decisions?

decided what company?

Well, I did have a appointment last Friday afternoon and it went very well which I am very happy and exciting! I had a awesome news that means I'll be getting one in 6 more months to go!

I have a three companies which is all the same but it could be a different kinds of models, I take the two companies that I can't decide so I left out of the one company that I don't likes. So, They have a lots of colors which is AWESOME! :D One was the green one and the other one is pink! :D It's hard to decide of which companies is the best one for me.

You've posted that before, and AGAIN, NOT TRUE.

Who is eligible to receive an implant?

In general, adults who had some degree of useful hearing before becoming severely to profoundly hearing impaired and benefit minimally from hearing aids may qualify as candidates for cochlear implantation. Children as young as 12 months of age with profound hearing loss in both ears and who demonstrate little progress in the development of auditory skills may also be considered candidates. It is very important that the implant recipient (and the family, in the case of a young child) have an understanding of cochlear implants and realistic expectations regarding the use of the device.

FAQ -- Cochlear Implants -- University of Miami School of Medicine

Hello,

I've been thinking about getting CI for the first time but I just wondering if that had a pains or no pains after the surgery. I know it's risky to have that but my hearing aids getting me so confused to hear better and better everyday and gotten get used to it. The older hearing aids, that i likes the best one is volume control higher a bit up and it's good to hear them talking and everything else expect the phone, I cannot hear them talking and asking the repeats again.

I just wondering if CI is better or worse? what it's like in the CI on your ear or both ears? I prefer on my left ear to hear it better than the right ear ( the right ear is not doing so good at all since I was about 12 or something like that).

Also, what color of the CI? I wasn't sure of the color of the skins of the CI.

Thanks!

Good luck! :wave:

It may academic but there is a huge cost difference between a Hearing Aid and a Cochlear Implant operation/Mapping etc. A few thousand to over $50,000.00. For most of us-a consideration-no matter who pays.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Hi, I'm backkk!!

I have some news...I'm going away on Thursday for Pre-op for my surgery and getting a lots of information from them and such. It's going to be very exciting and nervous at the same time. I chose Cohlear Implant Nuleus 5 (which that I find it best choice for me) and they have a pretty cool cover with the sound processor..I'm gonna go for pink and other colors too! I'm much looking forward to this Thursday

Just letting you know that I got a email and phone call too :)

cool! Good luck with the pre-op and with the surgery. You're on your way!

If you are going to get implanted, do it right. Please get the best device out there. 2 of the devices have been recalled numerous times & I talk to people all the time that are so very disheartened with those same devices!

If you are going to get implanted, do it right. Please get the best device out there. 2 of the devices have been recalled numerous times & I talk to people all the time that are so very disheartened with those same devices!

Who are you? It's polite to introduce yourself before giving so much advice... :hmm:

I'm a successful CI wearer referred to this forum by another deaf friend of mine. Is someone feeling threatened? If so, I'd be happy to chat with them....

No one is going to take you seriously when you make comments like this. I am no fan of Cochlear, but I do not run around telling people that their users are disheartened because that is absolutely false. The vast majority of implant users are happy with their choice. Those that aren't almost always have certain factors that cannot be blamed on the implant.

You really don't want to get into the recall game. It is more than apparent you are not prepared with any facts.

:popcorn: that is SO hilarious that CI users are fighting to each other who are the supierior race.

:popcorn: that is SO hilarious that CI users are fighting to each other who are the supierior race.

That isn't what is actually happening.

When you make comments like this out of the flow of the thread you are essentially flaming by trying to turn the thread into something else. If you really must comment in these threads, it would be nice if you would keep it on topic. How about sharing some details about your husbands experience with his implant? Or did ms katy hit the nail and your husband is unhappy with his implant and wishes he got Med El?

I just defended Cochlear. Actually, I've defended all three of them in various ways. I will always step up if I see anyone distorting the truth when there are cold hard facts. Like I said before, I don't like being mislead and I hate seeing anyone else mislead. Give them the facts and let them decide.

Back