The Xbox 360 Forum: News and Updates

Dismal Shadow

"Yours. Not mine."
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to my Xbox 360 forum. Like Steel X says, No flaming, insults, or mocks or spreading "fanboy" stuff in here.

Have you have any news or updates about Xbox 360 or games, patches, rumors you want to share? Post it here.

I think about want call congress to make new law bill that require all tv shows or movies, including movie streaming to be captioned, I don't think if it would work out.

The New Xbox Experience looks rather nice and I am looking forward to it, but remember one of the updates involve installing games to your hard drive which obviously will force you to getting the 120GB hard drive in the near future for more games.

YouTube - Xbox360-NXE HDD VS DVD GTA4

If you havent heard, Tekken 6 will be arriving to Xbox360. Yes Tekken.

Would be the first time for the Tekken series to be on a complete non Sony console since Tekken Advance on Gameboy Advance.

Of course...its not really surprising to see that happening. (Soul Calibur anyone?) I mean, Sony never really owns Tekken. Namco can choose where they want to put Tekken on anyway so it was actually a fair business decision. The more consoles that the game is on, the more money the company makes.

More and more games start getting onto Xbox360...at least PS3 still gets them as well. So exclusivity hardly matter anymore for this generation.

There is a cheaper way to upgrade your Xbox360 hard drive but its alittle bit more complicated than upgrading your hard drive for the PS3.

PC World - Upgrade Your Xbox 360's Hard Drive on the Cheap

You would, of course, need some special tools to do this job and plus a flash thumb drive with the DOS installation on it as well.

I was thinking of doing this with my 60GB seagate hard drive that I removed out of my PS3 and replace the 20GB hard drive but as the site has said, that this kind of hack is specific with a western digital 120GB hard drive so I dont know if the one that I have would still work on Xbox360.

Of course the Xbox360 uses the SATA laptop hard drive the same way as the PS3 do anyway.

Your XBOX 360 might work for USB hard drive as external drive to store it when the main HD nearly full.

There is a cheaper way to upgrade your Xbox360 hard drive but its alittle bit more complicated than upgrading your hard drive for the PS3.

PC World - Upgrade Your Xbox 360's Hard Drive on the Cheap

You would, of course, need some special tools to do this job and plus a flash thumb drive with the DOS installation on it as well.

I was thinking of doing this with my 60GB seagate hard drive that I removed out of my PS3 and replace the 20GB hard drive but as the site has said, that this kind of hack is specific with a western digital 120GB hard drive so I dont know if the one that I have would still work on Xbox360.

Of course the Xbox360 uses the SATA laptop hard drive the same way as the PS3 do anyway.

I have a question before I buying a new HDD. Can X-Box 360 read over
120GB, like 200-250GB HDD? I hear that can't read over 120GB, is that true?

I have a question before I buying a new HDD. Can X-Box 360 read over
120GB, like 200-250GB HDD? I hear that can't read over 120GB, is that true?

I cant be quite sure cause I still have not tested my 60GB hard drive that I took out from my PS3 to replace the 20GB hard drive.

As the site I have shown, says it would work with 120GB hard drive but I'm not sure about the 60GB ones since I know Microsoft already discontinued the 20GB models and go with the 60GBs models instead so there should be some sort of update for that already.

I dont think a hard drive bigger than 120GB would work cause I have not hear anything about a hard drive bigger than 120GB working on Xbox360...yet.

So I guess with the western digital SATA 120 GB hard drive that they showed, would proably be the only safest bet for an upgrade.

At least I did hear that ANY SATA HDD from 80GB to 320GB would work on PS3 as I did upgrade mine with the 320GB SATA western digital hard drive, which is very nice for me. WAY plenty of games for me to save in the future.

Microsoft has crafted their 360 to only read the offical Microsoft 360 HDD. This is slick marketing, but I also have read that the material they use for the HDD makes it so pricey. This is one area where Sony knows better and does better, by offering their PS3 customers the choice to go larger with their HDDs.

The New Xbox Experience looks rather nice and I am looking forward to it, but remember one of the updates involve installing games to your hard drive which obviously will force you to getting the 120GB hard drive in the near future for more games.

YouTube - Xbox360-NXE HDD VS DVD GTA4

Nice! If Xbox 360 will go for SSD Scandisk (Solid State Disk) much more faster than HDD.

I thought it will be great so we can keep games in HDD. I checked about that and it will not work because it requires to read disc. Clever! Make sure you still have disc and it will run. If you dont have it, and it will not run game. Foxrac is right, it is optional if you want to install game in HDD for loading that much faster than disc. I noticed HDD will carry 2 to 4 gb for each game. If you want to know more about those. Check youtube for install game in HDD. Check with SSD vs HDD.

0,1425,i=222526,00.jpg

You can see why I am talking about SSD. Great for Xbox 360 or Playstation 3. Maybe it will come in the future. Who knows.

Nice! If Xbox 360 will go for SSD Scandisk (Solid State Disk) much more faster than HDD.

I thought it will be great so we can keep games in HDD. I checked about that and it will not work because it requires to read disc. Clever! Make sure you still have disc and it will run. If you dont have it, and it will not run game. Foxrac is right, it is optional if you want to install game in HDD for loading that much faster than disc. I noticed HDD will carry 2 to 4 gb for each game. If you want to know more about those. Check youtube for install game in HDD. Check with SSD vs HDD.

It's because of piracy issue, it won't install games in completely (each game need take about more than 5 GB to be complete installation and they won't let us to play full games in HDD without read disc, unlike PC games.

I'm PC gamer as well, Crysis Warhead took 15 GB, RSV2 took 12 GB, UT3 took 8 GB and most recent PC games are usually require more than 5 GB for complete installation, also I hate to play games via disc when installed in HDD then had found patch to kill CD requirement to play due piracy issue, however recent games are released with DRM like Crysis Warhead that allows you to play without CD or DVD at up to 5 PC.

0,1425,i=222526,00.jpg

You can see why I am talking about SSD. Great for Xbox 360 or Playstation 3. Maybe it will come in the future. Who knows.

SSD is nice but very expensive, 128 GB SSD isn't enough for me then I prefer HDD for PC due bigger capacity ( I have 2 HDD, total is 1 TB) and able to fit in any games, speed don't matters to me since 7,200 RPM with high cache is good.

HDD was expensive in last 20 years ago, I remember that and my first Mac LC was around under 100 MB and price was around $1,500 in 1993 dollar.

For Xbox 360, anyone had test it? Just wonders.

Microsoft has crafted their 360 to only read the offical Microsoft 360 HDD. This is slick marketing, but I also have read that the material they use for the HDD makes it so pricey. This is one area where Sony knows better and does better, by offering their PS3 customers the choice to go larger with their HDDs.

Exactly. Sounds stupid for Microsoft not giving us enough options on how we can improve our system. They usually give us what they perfer instead of what we perfer. Strange eh?

Exactly. Sounds stupid for Microsoft not giving us enough options on how we can improve our system. They usually give us what they perfer instead of what we perfer. Strange eh?

$150 for 120 GB sounds like 7 years ago, lol.

Yup, got agree with you about MS made overpriced on 120 GB but I got 120 GB last year for $180 for Xbox 360.

$150 for 120 GB sounds like 7 years ago, lol.

Yup, got agree with you about MS made overpriced on 120 GB but I got 120 GB last year for $180 for Xbox 360.

Yea that was very ridculious. Right now it should be about $150 but still abit too much for me. If they did sell 60GB hard drives seperately, should be around $100 which is okay but still abit pricey anyway. I've heard rumors that there would be a 320GB model in the works, but who knows.

Back