The Whiners are Killing us

Matter of fact, my agent who is HOH is being bullied by the seller's agent. Yesterday, their agent yelled at my agent saying things like if all of us were hearing, we wouldnt have all these hassles. Whoa!!! Very unprofessional!

Unprofessional is an understatement. I'd inform this agent's broker of it and threaten a lawsuit for slander and intimidation. Also inform the state board of realtors regarding this agent.

I get exactly what you are saying. When my son was in the 3rd grade, they ear before I had him transferred to the deaf school, I went to school several times about a kid that was bullying him, and had even kicked my son in the groin so hard, he dropped to the ground and puked. The idiot principal made this comment: "Well, he's just going to have to deal with stuff like this his whole life because of his deafness. It makes him stand out and attracks bullies." Can you believe it? And this man was responsible for protecting the kids in his school!

jillio,

I am absolutely heartsick!! This principal needed to be reported to the superintendent AND charges of assault and sexual assault need to be filed against that student. My god, I can't believe this!

Stand out and attrack bullies? I'm speechless on this one.

jillio,

I am absolutely heartsick!! This principal needed to be reported to the superintendent AND charges of assault and sexual assault need to be filed against that student. My god, I can't believe this!

Stand out and attrack bullies? I'm speechless on this one.

when it bcame obvious that the principal was not going to fulfill his responsibility to protect my child while he was entrusted to his care at school, I did file charges against the student in the juvenile court. And I filed charges against the principal with the state board of education. He was removed from the elementary school, and returned to the high school as a classroom teacher. The child was placed on house arrest for 30 days, and a year of supervised probation. Personally, I think the parents of this child shouldhave received the punishment, because the kid was basically unsupervised and unparented. Shortly thereafter, I had my son transferred to a deaf school where I did not have to deal with educators such as this. Unfortunately, this attitude is all to prevalent in mainstream.

when it bcame obvious that the principal was not going to fulfill his responsibility to protect my child while he was entrusted to his care at school, I did file charges against the student in the juvenile court. And I filed charges against the principal with the state board of education. He was removed from the elementary school, and returned to the high school as a classroom teacher. The child was placed on house arrest for 30 days, and a year of supervised probation. Personally, I think the parents of this child shouldhave received the punishment, because the kid was basically unsupervised and unparented. Shortly thereafter, I had my son transferred to a deaf school where I did not have to deal with educators such as this. Unfortunately, this attitude is all to prevalent in mainstream.

I concur! I have to admit that I kneed a girl in my neighborhood in the groin one time. She was 17 I think, but had picked on me, although there have been times she's been nice. She never did it again after that. As for your son or any boy, getting kicked in the groin, this could kill. I think the boy got off, although I would have pressed for a suspension for the remainder of the year. I was assaulted at a Bible school and had a gun aimed at me by two different guys in the dorm. The president of the school asked me what I thought and I told him I would support a permanent suspension . . . never to return. I was accused of "asking for a pound of flesh."

Keep reading my comments to kimeran.

I'm glad you got something done about it, Jillo.

Thanks.:ty: It was a long time ago now, but at least I have the security of knowing that elementary age children ar no longer under his influence, nor is he amking administrative decisions.

I concur! I have to admit that I kneed a girl in my neighborhood in the groin one time. She was 17 I think, but had picked on me, although there have been times she's been nice. She never did it again after that. As for your son or any boy, getting kicked in the groin, this could kill. I think the boy got off, although I would have pressed for a suspension for the remainder of the year. I was assaulted at a Bible school and had a gun aimed at me by two different guys in the dorm. The president of the school asked me what I thought and I told him I would support a permanent suspension . . . never to return. I was accused of "asking for a pound of flesh."

Keep reading my comments to kimeran.

I guess this was before zero tolerance, huh?

I hated school for the same reason. It ruined my education and prospects entirely. I stopped going to school at age 12. I just realised I couldn't take any more. (This was in the early 1980s before anyone actually cared about truancy).

I have a 3rd Class degree in Sociology - not much use, but it's mine and I worked hard for it.

I'm good at some things, but there are 'holes' in my knowledge which I attribute to missing so much school.

I'm 35 now, and now have better self esteem than I have ever had. I'm hanging on to that, and I don't let anyone take it away from me. Never let anyone rob you of your sense of self-worth.

I recently received an apology letter from a girl who bullied me at school. It was the sort of letter that she only wanted to make herself feel better - to ease her guilt. I tore it up and threw it away. I know I should forgive, but I can't. At least not yet; too much was taken from me.

(sorry for off-topic)

You weren't off topic, kimeran, in fact, I am glad you brought it up. I have been thinking of your response tonight and how I may have handled it. This is going to be lengthy, but I promise you'll feel better about your response.

Two years ago, I was covering a story on a student at the University of Minnesota-Duluth who had died due to a disease of the large intestines (can't recall the name of it right off the bat). Anyway, I was dispatched to the music department, as the professor and a student wanted to talk about it. While talking and getting their names, the student said his name. I recognized his last name and asked how he was related to some people that I knew in childhood. He said the two of which I inquire are his aunt and uncle (they were brother and sister and meaner than the devil!). These two called me names that I can't and won't write here, but I did tell him that "they were mean to me." That is all I said and you know, he couldn't say anything . . . what could he say in defense of his relatives? A few weeks later, I ran into him in the hall, as he introduced himself to me again. He didn't say anything about his aunt and uncle to me, so I'm sure he was told not to or decided not to involve himself.

I said all this to say this: I think I would have torn up the letter and thrown it away, too. Or, maybe I would have written "Return To Sender, No Such Person Here" on the envelope. Or, maybe I would have written to that person and telling them how bad they had hurt me and emphasized there is no excuse for the damage you have caused and how dare you for even contacting me about this. I would NOT have put my return address on the envelope, but I would have written my name, for example, using my first and middle initials only, then my last name. I would not have mailed it from the town/city I lived in, as I would not want to be contacted by this person again. Yes, as a Christian myself, the Bible commands me to forgive those who wrong me, but, and I stress very strongly on this last part: No where does it say we have to associate with them. End of story.

Congratulations on your accomplishments! :cool: No thanks to the person who wronged you, other than you are not that person and don't have to look at them everyday or live with them.

I guess this was before zero tolerance, huh?

Facetiously, no. Do it today and the deaf/hoh kid just may use a martial arts move on the kid. Kicking a boy like that in the groin, as soon as I would be able to, he'd be on his way to the emergency room, quite possibly clinging to life.

ZERO TOLERANCE now, not just lip service. :bowdown:

Thanks for your response Pek. At least bullying has a name these days, and is seen as wrong, even though it's still around.

Growing up in 1970s England, bullying was seen as something that was good for you, it would toughen you up ready to deal with the world. Does that include being kicked into nettle bushes and ending up with nettle stings all over your face and eyes?

I've met some lousy people since I grew up and made my own way through life, but none of the people have been as bad as the school bullies.

There's a certain 'sadism' about it. I hope they are all in prison.

Most of the people that try to damage you as an adult, they have something actually to gain from it, there's some monetary or social reward for them, eg stealing your purse, or stealing your promotion!

With children and adolescents, there's a pure animal sadism about it, which is very difficult to deal with.

Anyway, onwards and upwards :) thank God schooldays are gone! Nobody can ever make us go back to school HURRAY!

Thanks for the moral support :ty: I really really appreciate it.

Thanks for your response Pek. At least bullying has a name these days, and is seen as wrong, even though it's still around.

Growing up in 1970s England, bullying was seen as something that was good for you, it would toughen you up ready to deal with the world. Does that include being kicked into nettle bushes and ending up with nettle stings all over your face and eyes?

I've met some lousy people since I grew up and made my own way through life, but none of the people have been as bad as the school bullies.

There's a certain 'sadism' about it. I hope they are all in prison.

Most of the people that try to damage you as an adult, they have something actually to gain from it, there's some monetary or social reward for them, eg stealing your purse, or stealing your promotion!

With children and adolescents, there's a pure animal sadism about it, which is very difficult to deal with.

Anyway, onwards and upwards :) thank God schooldays are gone! Nobody can ever make us go back to school HURRAY!

Thanks for the moral support :ty: I really really appreciate it.

kimeran,

You're welcome, my friend! :hug: I am very glad you didn't take my comments the wrong way or think something like (about yourself), "Is there something wrong with me?" We can all beat ourselves and probably have many times saying that, but to what avail? I chose my words very carefully so you wouldn't take what I said to mean something else, as I didn't want to come across giving a guilt complex.

Back