The Walking Dead

I guess they are capable of remembering important things like food. :hmm:

Which makes me curious now....why didn't anyone comment about all the zombies at the gates? Sure they got zombies before, but they were random and few in number, it wasn't a big activity spot...now it's like they're standing in line at a rock concert....All those zombies and it didn't get anyone's attention? Makes you wonder if they'll find the connection between the pig's death and the boy's next week...I'm kind of doubting it....maybe they won't make the connection until later in the season?

When Carol told Carl not to tell Rick about teaching the children how to handle knives, obviously she wasn't allowed to do that. I'm not sure why. I don't think that is a bad idea at all. Even Rick let Carl to learn how to shoot with a gun in the second season so why not those kids learn how to use knives.

I totally support Carol. Children should be taught how to protect themselves because it's about survival matters. You're living or not.

I love one of my favorite conservations from "Telltale: The Walking Dead" (video game):

Homeless Man: 'Cause she is. (Paused) I don't know much about you folks, but I can tell you, sure as the sun goin' come up tomorrow, that ya'll keep going on like this and that girl ain't gonna make it.

Main Character: What do you know?

Homeless Man: I know that you don't have a goddamn plan. We get to (city's name) and then what?

Main Character: (The answer is based on the player's choice.)

Homeless Man: [...] Look, sit down with the girl and hash it out. Find a map for Christ's sake-- I'd give you one if I had it. And if something were to happen to you...

Main Character: It won't.

Homeless Man: If it were, you gotta prepare the girl. Teach her to use a weapon and for criminy, cut that hair.

Main Character: But she's just little girl.

Homeless Man:
She'll die a little girl if you treat her like one. You gotta consider her a living person. That's it. You're either living or you're not. You ain't little, you ain't a girl, you ain't a boy, you ain't strong or smart. You're alive.

But I think it's probably because of Rick worries about children may make wrong choices like what Carl did in 3rd Season.

I missed most of what was going on, I couldn't get my father to turn the volume up because he said "It's already loud". I don't watch TV at all, but I make an exception for this show only.

Maybe I should see if he's willing to at least let me turn captions on? Looked like an interesting episode and the roof zombies made me laugh as I thought about the song It's raining men and substituted men with zombies..lol

Saavik;2239932Looked like an interesting episode and the roof zombies made me laugh as I thought about the song It's raining men and substituted men with zombies..lol[/QUOTE said:
It's funny you say that because one of the writers said that song was playing in his head during that scene too. :D

BTW, that's awful no one thought captions might be nice for you to watch the show. My sympathies...I'm really blessed to have the family I do, no one has ever been that rude to me. I got a new smart TV by Samsung - it's not so smart and a Hell of a learning curve - also has smaller speakers so I can't hear it. My father went out of his way to contact customer service (a pain) and get a Y cable for me to hook up my TV Dex. Can't hear the TV really without it.

It's funny you say that because one of the writers said that song was playing in his head during that scene too. :D

BTW, that's awful no one thought captions might be nice for you to watch the show. My sympathies...I'm really blessed to have the family I do, no one has ever been that rude to me. I got a new smart TV by Samsung - it's not so smart and a Hell of a learning curve - also has smaller speakers so I can't hear it. My father went out of his way to contact customer service (a pain) and get a Y cable for me to hook up my TV Dex. Can't hear the TV really without it.

I guess since I don't bother regularly watching TV, they never thought about it, but my guess is they, like I see others here, their parents never really adapted to their children's loss, especially when they have other children who hear perfectly.

My parents have a CRT type TV set, so it isn't anything nice like that Samsung, so I doubt there is customer service on it still..lol

They have had this TV for years and this TV is a replacement for a TV they had since the late 80's that died. I guess I'm just used to them not taking my hearing problems into account, so I just deal with it rather than make an issue out of it, but it would have been nice to actually hear the episode.

Aside from that, my mother kept talking when I was trying hard at first to hear it, so I just gave up and enjoyed the visual aspect. I remember thinking "Why don't they take that Marine Corps humvee with them, looks like a lot of good gear to salvage." and then I saw the crashed Chinook on the roof.

My family isn't very hi-tech, I mean, I introduced my father to the wonderful device, commonly found in automobiles called the cruise control.. Just a few years ago.. :/

Did the writer say that during the talking dead after the show? I didn't stick around as watching guys sit around and having no idea whats going on is boring.

What did Michone hand Rick in the begining of the episode when she got off the horse? I have so many questions as I don't get what happened really.

What did Michone hand Rick in the begining of the episode when she got off the horse? I have so many questions as I don't get what happened really.

I can't remember. She apparently was not planning on staying for very long, she was coming in from a run.

What I am wondering is Daryl licked his fingers before shaking hands with "Jake" (???) and then Jake became deathly ill. And, the pig died. Maybe the bubonic plague?

Which makes me curious now....why didn't anyone comment about all the zombies at the gates? Sure they got zombies before, but they were random and few in number, it wasn't a big activity spot...now it's like they're standing in line at a rock concert....All those zombies and it didn't get anyone's attention? Makes you wonder if they'll find the connection between the pig's death and the boy's next week...I'm kind of doubting it....maybe they won't make the connection until later in the season?

Carol and Daryl mentioned about it. I think Carl and Rick did too. (I can't remember their exact conversation) But none of them discussed about the situation though. I can see it's a mistake because I saw the trailer the other day, I saw some people were trying to hold the fence from walkers knocking it over.

I totally support Carol. Children should be taught how to protect themselves because it's about survival matters. You're living or not.

I love one of my favorite conservations from "Telltale: The Walking Dead" (video game):

But I think it's probably because of Rick worries about children may make wrong choices like what Carl did in 3rd Season.

I can see why Carol would want to teach them because of what happened to her little girl. =[ Judging from what I see, I can tell she's a good teacher. When that boy was feeling sick and ask to leave the room, he's told he should stay and was asked by Carol, "What would happen if you're in the forest and alone? You can't just go and take a nap" or something along the line.
Homeless Man's got good point.

Oh, she gave him a shaver and told him his beard is losing the war. I don't think Rick asked for one. Maybe she was being thoughtful just like she did for Carl when she gave him comic books (I think that's what it is).

It was an electric razor; Rick is in need of a bad clean up. BTW, the writer spoke about the scene "raining men" on the Talking Dead, which aired after the show.

I can see why Carol would want to teach them because of what happened to her little girl. =[ Judging from what I see, I can tell she's a good teacher. When that boy was feeling sick and ask to leave the room, he's told he should stay and was asked by Carol, "What would happen if you're in the forest and alone? You can't just go and take a nap" or something along the line.

Homeless Man's got good point.

Yeah, I can understand why Carol wants to do something right for children. She wasn't able to save her daughter, so her teaching can save many lives for better.

But, I meant, I'm disappointed in Rick and Carl doesn't want children to learn how to protect them. They did surprise me, but I can think of one thing I come up with: Rick don't trust kids because of Carl's wrongdoing in the third season. He worries those children could make dangerous mistakes.

Do you know what I mean?

Last edited:
She needs to teach them how to use a rope dart dagger. Or a yo-yo with spikes (imagine the dog in my avatar with one). You know ... baby steps ....

I didn't watch it my girlfriend told me some about this recently show. Ill try to watch next week.

Yeah, I can understand why Carol wants to do something right for children. She wasn't able to save her daughter, so her teaching can save many lives for better.

But, I meant, I'm disappointed in Rick and Carl doesn't want children to learn how to protect them. It did surprise me, but I can think of one thing I come up with: Rick don't trust kids because of Carl's wrongdoing in the third season. He worries those children could make dangerous mistakes.

Do you know what I mean?

I'm disappointed as well. Adults also make mistakes. While I do understand the fact that kids are more prone in making mistakes than adults, but... it doesn't make any sense for Rick to say no to teaching. Hopefully it will once Rick explain why later.

Plenty of adults died. It's important for children to learn how to protect themselves. It's possible for them to end up alone and they could live much longer if they did learn from Carol. I wonder how the rest of group feel about Rick's decision...

Off the point: I'm no hunter in real life. If Daryl leave the prison to go hunt, I would ask him if I could join and learn from the best on how to hunt and cut up animals and stuff like that. I know I will feel better if I knew how to do that.

Back