The Surprising Ingredient Causing Weight Gain

Very interesting..

I wish that I can afford all organic foods! :(

Interest...
My father in law is allergic to MSG and he is overweight. :dunno:

Of course, I know about MSG but its so hard to buy foods that are without msg due to too much pricey and etc like that. :dunno:

There's short words for you, who cares.

Food is food.

I know that MSG isn't good but you have live with it or become fruitarian.

Well, it's in almost every food with bad indegredents and there's not really much you can do about it.....just try to eat as much vegetable and fruits and you'll be ok.

Well, it's in almost every food with bad indegredents and there's not really much you can do about it.....just try to eat as much vegetable and fruits and you'll be ok.

Does canned/frozen vegetables has MSG? I never bother to read ingredient list since there's thousands of food and don't have time to read.

Does canned/frozen vegetables has MSG? I never bother to read ingredient list since there's thousands of food and don't have time to read.

Depends on the manufacturer and what they put in it. Many canned vegetables have lot of sodium in it, I think. Fresh fruits and vegetables are the best choice.

Depends on the manufacturer and what they put in it. Many canned vegetables have lot of sodium in it, I think. Fresh fruits and vegetables are the best choice.

I was just wonders, yup, canned vegetables are tends to have more salt, I prefer to buy dry beans over canned beans to cook but took forever to get done like about 2 hours or so.

Basically MSG is something that makes you addicted, which makes you eat more than neccessary....leading to become fat. I think I read about that somewhere.

Sequoias

You got that right, its not onlys calories, MSG is addictive and it makes people want to eat more more more which leads to weight gains. Also to mentioned that my friend loved Diet Mt Dew and she has been drinking that for years and she gained alots of weight, it was shocking. Diet Soda do not helps people lose weight, it makes them want to eat more. My sister used to be very thin and she started drinking Diet Coke and she gained the weight and she told me how she got very hungry while drinking diet coke and she quit drinking diet coke, she lost the weight. MSG and Diet products does not helps people lose weight. My uncle's wife she buys Sugar free products also diet products she still gained weight. This is my true statement. I one time have broughted Potatoes Chip with MSG, I almost ate the whole bag and I decided not to buy it again. Learning alots from that.

Basically MSG is something that makes you addicted, which makes you eat more than neccessary....leading to become fat. I think I read about that somewhere.

You got that right, its not onlys calories, MSG is addictive and it makes people want to eat more more more which leads to weight gains. Also to mentioned that my friend loved Diet Mt Dew and she has been drinking that for years and she gained alots of weight, it was shocking. Diet Soda do not helps people lose weight, it makes them want to eat more. My sister used to be very thin and she started drinking Diet Coke and she gained the weight and she told me how she got very hungry while drinking diet coke and she quit drinking diet coke, she lost the weight. MSG and Diet products does not helps people lose weight. My uncle's wife she buys Sugar free products also diet products she still gained weight. This is my true statement. I one time have broughted Potatoes Chip with MSG, I almost ate the whole bag and I decided not to buy it again. Learning alots from that.

Yeah, I admit I ate the whole box of cheese crackers in 2 days....<.< Of course, I do eat a lot of fresh fruits as well. :)

Sequoias

I can believe it ...I just couldn't believe how I ate almost the whole bag of MSG potatoes chip, little bit of left and my husband said my gawd you ate alot of that and leave me little bitty left and my sister came over saw that bag of chips and she said I see you got a bag of potatoes chip that has msg bad bad bad she said to me, I said yes I know sis and I told her I almost ate the whole bag and she said Yes I know it has MSG it makes you eat more and buy more and its addictive and make you gains weight and I'm sure everybody knows it when they buys MSG products and they practically ate it all and kept on going, so that why I said no more, I don't want to get fatter. I see you ate the whole box of cheese cracker and yes they're good, its hard to avoid it.

Yeah, I admit I ate the whole box of cheese crackers in 2 days....<.< Of course, I do eat a lot of fresh fruits as well. :)

yes. Lots of people cut down on msg. i only LOVE chinese food with msg in it. but sad they sell with no msg. :mad2:

yes. Lots of people cut down on msg. i only LOVE chinese food with msg in it. but sad they sell with no msg. :mad2:

When I learned how much MSG was in the Chinese food from the take out places, I quit eating it. My husband still orders it and always offer me some of his. All I do is just look at his food and the only thing I see is all that sodium. I always decline him. My appetite for those kinds of foods have been lost forever, I think. Good thing! :)

I can believe it ...I just couldn't believe how I ate almost the whole bag of MSG potatoes chip, little bit of left and my husband said my gawd you ate alot of that and leave me little bitty left and my sister came over saw that bag of chips and she said I see you got a bag of potatoes chip that has msg bad bad bad she said to me, I said yes I know sis and I told her I almost ate the whole bag and she said Yes I know it has MSG it makes you eat more and buy more and its addictive and make you gains weight and I'm sure everybody knows it when they buys MSG products and they practically ate it all and kept on going, so that why I said no more, I don't want to get fatter. I see you ate the whole box of cheese cracker and yes they're good, its hard to avoid it.

I dont blame you for feeling that way. I have the same issues sometimes. I am struggling to lose weight and I just recently started paying serious attention to what is in my foods. I realized how much MSG, sugar, and carbs I have eaten. Too much!

Thanks for sharing this information and a reminder about MSG.

Back