The road begins to hear once again!!!

wow thats amazing:) I hope I will eventually be able to get a CI cuz my hearing aids kinda suck...but what can ya do..my speech scores are too good apparently...I get headaches because I try so hard to concentrate during my audiograms..it blows

your hearing aid don't suck, they look awesome!
I guess U must be on the wild side :D
mine sucks 2 (no volume controls) but good news is I'm switching to Oticon Safaris and it's purple!!!! since my current ones is 5 yrs old and the old one is dead right now :)
should happen in January 2011
*I'm crazy 15*

I just tried using the phone!!! I called my mother to give it a shot. I could hear the ringing loud and clear.. heard her say hello... what are you doing.. and I love you... pretty uch everything else was garbled. but its a improvement forsure.. LOL i caught myself saying go ahead once and she laughed.... Just thought Id share this with everyone

I just tried using the phone!!! I called my mother to give it a shot. I could hear the ringing loud and clear.. heard her say hello... what are you doing.. and I love you... pretty uch everything else was garbled. but its a improvement forsure.. LOL i caught myself saying go ahead once and she laughed.... Just thought Id share this with everyone

if it might help... your audi probably hasnt given you control over volume or sensitivity yet.... but something for the future to look into... i can adjust both of those on any program myself and have found certain levels are better for the phone. my #2 program slot i had my audi put in a phone setting, the sensitivity is 3 and volume is 8. so its louder and wont pick up stuff that isnt close. my normal hearing program is volume-3 sensitivity-12.

sounds like your doing good it was a few weeks after my activation before i could hear stuff you already have. thats really cool

More and more I use my implant the better it get's The ringing associated to some sounds has subsided I dont notice it nearly as much.. A brilliant CI moment That really took me by surprise.. I usually keep my cellphone close at hand due to the fact I couldnt hear it and I would feel the vibe when receiving a text.. Well today I had my cell phone on my dresser for some odd reason and I received a text and I plain as day hear it ring I was like wtf. The hard part tho was locating where the bloody thing was lol I thought I had misplaced it. Another Ci moment last night its kinda gross but intresting also. I was outside waiting on my togo order from a restraint and I had to spit .. So i spat on the parking lot and I actually heard it hit the ground.. This thing is really powerfull even on just activation programs. Im only on program #2 which is just louder than my base program. I think tomorrow I will try program #3 to see what thats like..

Back