The PS3 Forum: Updates and News

lol yesterday, my rommate played the FEAR 2 and I watched. I think it's so funny when he was so scared like a shit. ha ha ha XD

Why don't you try playing with Dualshock 3 controller at nighttime and see what happens? Then you won't be laughing anymore, you will piss your pant instead. :lol:

Why don't you try playing with Dualshock 3 controller at nighttime and see what happens? Then you won't be laughing anymore, you will piss your pant instead. :lol:

Too bad, we don't have that one =/

lol

but I never 'heard' of that game. What about is that?

Too bad, we don't have that one =/

lol

but I never 'heard' of that game. What about is that?

No KarissaMann05 "DualShock 3" is a vibrate controller that comes separate from the PS3.
Dualshock3WithTriggers.jpg

Ah, my apology... I never bother to check the name of controller. ^^;

Thanks for pointed out. :)

I am not computer nerd. I still don't understand what Ubuntu is for.
Ubuntu is much better than Windows. Ubuntu Linux has fewer security issues and viruses. Ubuntu Linux is created based on Open Source concept of code-sharing and the source code is available to anyone who understands.

Authentic, Ubuntu's just mainly if you want to tweak your system to the maximum.. strictly for "nerds" as you say. You don't have to necessarily have it, as you can get by without it. It is a free OS that is created by the people who work on it for nonprofit.

But the only problem is that it's very basic, for the person who does rendering, encoding, gaming, office accounting related junk -- Ubuntu doesn't have native support for such software, so you have to end up "emulating" windows on an Ubuntu system, which defeats the purpose of installing Ubuntu. That's the only downside.

If all you do is read email, do simple stuff on PC, read the web, like a PC a housewife who doesn't understand much except check email, surf web and chat -- then Ubuntu is for them. It can do more, but you just have to get really technical with it, which is more of a hassle over windows.

Jam's Ubuntu - Why Ubuntu Linux Is Better Then Windows

10+ Reasons Why Linux Ubuntu is Better than Windows

Why Linux is better

101 reasons why Linux is better than Windows | Prakash Advani's Blog

No viruses
This has just got to be the best thing about Ubuntu hasn't it? Even with my up-to-date Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware controls etc on Windows, I still manged to catch a virus. The cure to this virus? Uninstall my current Anti-Virus, and install a different one on. Then what happens if you catch another on? Switch to another one. And of course, this is if the anti-virus can detect and delete the virus of. If not, then comes hours of searching through the registry keys, deleting and changing keys, restarting your computer, and installing a bunch of applications that you will never need to use again. Viruses on Linux? - I don't think so.

Cost - That Linux is FREE deserves honorable mention and a bit of explanation. You can package and sell Linux for money. The competing Linux distributions all provide slightly different feature sets beyond the core system, including canned e-commerce solutions, printed manuals and phone support options. There is no rule that says you can't make money distributing Linux. For those who choose to download and install free distributions from the Internet, Linux is truely free. Some cynics have proclaimed, "Sure Linux is free now, but the Linux People will start charging for it once it catches on!". That statment is completely false. No single person or organization controls Linux, so that will never happen. In the unlikely case that Linus Torvalds (the author of Linux) adds some proprietary code and proclaims that all future releases will be $99.99USD, someone will simply take the latest "free" version and possibly rename it to Spin-UX. Then all the volunteer developers and contributors will jump on that bandwagon. Spin-UX will diverge from its Linux roots, over time becoming better supported and more advanced, rendering its ancestor obsolete, except possibly for purposes specifically addressed by that hypothetical proprietary added code. Furthermore Linux is covered by the Gnu Public License, stating that it and all derivative works must be distributed with the source code. This makes it extremely unlikely that anyone will wield monopolistic power in the Linux Sector.

Evolution

For most users, Vista was a step backward. And that step backward took a long time (five years) to come to fruition. With most Linux distributions, new releases are made available every six months. And some of them are major jumps in technological advancement. Linux also listens to its community. What are they saying and what are they needing? From the kernel to the desktop, the Linux developer community is in sync with its users. Microsoft? Not so much. Microsoft takes its time to release what may or may not be an improvement. And, generally speaking, those Microsoft release dates are as far from set in stone as something can be. It should go without saying that Microsoft is not an agile developer. In fact, I would say Microsoft, in its arrogance, insists companies, users, and third-party developers evolve around it.
That’s my short list of big-ticket items that Linux does better than Windows. There will be those naysayers who feel differently, but I think most people will agree with these points. Of course, I am not so closed-minded as to think that there is nothing that Windows does better than Linux. I can think of a few off the top of my head: P R, marketing, FUD, games, crash, and USB scanners.

P.S. Please do not post off-topics here. Relates to Ubuntu, post in the new thread I just created http://www.alldeaf.com/computers-electronics-gaming/61612-reasons-why-ubuntu-better.html

Last edited:
The PLAYSTATION 3 provides an option for third-party system software as OS like XP/Vista to be installed on the PS3™ system instead of the system software. I don't own my PS3. :lol: Some PS3 owners have to be installed OS into PS3? I believe that ubuntu is much better than OS for PS3.

I do not need a OS for my PS3, I have a laptop which is better than nothing.

Back