The penalty for texting and driving in your state

*pff topic* but everytime I see ur name, I read it as "mock30"...

Gps is hand-free mode than you have to texting with your hand. Off-topic? everytime you see my name rnock30 that make you think mock30. get yourself a eyeglasses or zoom in your window or look closer :P

Gps is hand-free mode than you have to texting with your hand. Off-topic? everytime you see my name rnock30 that make you think mock30. get yourself a eyeglasses or zoom in your window or look closer :P

She got reading glasses from Publix. :lol:

VTA valley of transportation that's name for buses...for san jose in california but have few different agencys thoughout the state..www.vta.org :) but yeah they banned texting and use of phone if u want to use phone have to get out of bus and talk on phone for short time or on break is fine.. but I don't understand why bus drivers still smoke near buses should be banned.. and if I smoke near bus i still can get ticket? I don't understand that's why I wait till I get off at where I want to be at then I can smoke.. cops make a big deal out of it cuz if I smoke at bus stop or light rail ticket is up to 300 dollars.. yes I'm not joking..
Is there a sign saying "smoking not allowed" at bus stops? If no, get a lawyer to defend yourself.

Even people still drive and talk on their cell phone....THAT drives me batty!...."Honk, Honk!!....get off the (*&%) phone and Drive!"
The issue we have is that the police doesn't do their job. For example, carpool, a lot of cars with one person on that lane, how many of them get caught daily? Very few. In other words, drivers with no passenger on carpool lane, drivers who text and drive or drivers who talk through handheld phones get away with it. A few of them who are unlucky get caught. Oh well, in the future there will be video surveillance on the freeways and streets everywhere so the police doesn't need to be present to ticket them. Know what I am saying? http://www.videosurveillance.com/traffic.asp
Of course it will cost taxpayers a lot to have them installed wherever needed.

What is not told is that in CA the legislator added an ever increasing penalty tax to tickets. So a $20 ticket actually chat like $220 after penalties. For example, carpool fine is $100. But add penalty tax and you will pay $471

I have seen people texting and driving right pass a police car in my city ,
so I doubt anyone been pulled over yet.

I have seen people texting and driving right pass a police car in my city ,
so I doubt anyone been pulled over yet.
Just because you've seen somebody drive by a police car texting and driving doesn't mean they aren't pulling people over for doing it. They might be and you aren't aware of it.

The issue we have is that the police doesn't do their job. For example, carpool, a lot of cars with one person on that lane, how many of them get caught daily? Very few. In other words, drivers with no passenger on carpool lane,
Are you sure that these drivers are alone in their car?
Sometimes babies and kids are not visible in their car seats.

I drive on carpool with children, and no one can see them behind dark windows, it seems like I'm driving alone.
I don't have much issues with driving on carpools here, cars with single drivers rarely occupy it.

Just because you've seen somebody drive by a police car texting and driving doesn't mean they aren't pulling people over for doing it. They might be and you aren't aware of it.
I was pulled by police one time in my whole life, they pulled me after 2 freeway exits from the place of "violation", they were driving behind me couple miles before they signaled me to stop.

Back