The new Advanced Bionics CI just came out!

Thanks BleedingPurist!

I tried re-inserting the neck loop and still no luck. With my neptune the direct audio is always great, obviously since its a direct connection. Since the naida needs the neck loop for direct streaming as well, do you find it cuts out if you move around or is it quite consistent?

BTW - What sort of battery options did you go with? I'm told the powercel 170 has some future use with some new roger fm tech?

the new Roger FM attachment for the Naida CI will slide onto the bottom of the 170 battery.

Thanks BleedingPurist!

I tried re-inserting the neck loop and still no luck. With my neptune the direct audio is always great, obviously since its a direct connection. Since the naida needs the neck loop for direct streaming as well, do you find it cuts out if you move around or is it quite consistent?

BTW - What sort of battery options did you go with? I'm told the powercel 170 has some future use with some new roger fm tech?

When you say the ComPilot is needed for direct input, does that mean with a direct input cord or fm receiver,you can't put it in to the ear hook like you did on the harmony?

My 2 friends are just about to get the Naida CI and they won't like having to use the ComPilot with their fm system.

Btw, hope you get your problems sorted.

Naida doesn't have a direct connect cable set up, hence the need for the ComPilot or FM use. Wireless is what AB and Phonak have been focusing on. I'm not all too thrilled with the idea of having to use a ComPilot for music when I can upgrade, I prefer the direct connect or the FM (and I don't know if the Roger receiver for the Naida 170 battery will be compatible with my current SmartLink since it's pre-Roger).

All pre roger FM will not work with any of the roger stuff which I don't like especially if my Smartlink + battery will eventally die and it means getting a whole new system :(

Thanks BleedingPurist!

The ComPilot communication to the Naida is flawless. It does not cut-out when I move around or for any reason. The only time I have cut-outs is directly because of Bluetooth. I've experienced that with pretty much every single one of my Bluetooth solutions, so it's not the ComPilot. If I use the Aux input, there are no drop-outs. So if you are using Aux and having drop-outs, get your ComPilot exchanged. Even the Bluetooth drop outs I have are infrequent if they happen at all

I got two 110s and one 230. I prefer the 110s since I'm more about making it as small as possible, but the 230 will outlast me beyond my bedtime (23 hours.) So I have been using that at work. It's the same size length-wise as a Harmony with a Slim Cell, but thinner (and lighter of course.)

I don't know if I'll do a 170 later. Roger looks great, but I really am loving the ComPilot.

Naida doesn't have a direct connect cable set up, hence the need for the ComPilot or FM use. Wireless is what AB and Phonak have been focusing on. I'm not all too thrilled with the idea of having to use a ComPilot for music when I can upgrade, I prefer the direct connect or the FM (and I don't know if the Roger receiver for the Naida 170 battery will be compatible with my current SmartLink since it's pre-Roger).

By the time you upgrade, the Q70 will not be the latest processor and will likely use a newer wireless solution.

Really though, you'd rather have a wire hanging from your ear than having your head be able to move freely? Why? The sound quality is the same as DAI.

i think the sound quality of direct connect connect or even telecoil with NoizFree or MusicLink earhook or via FM is better than the ComPilot. I trialed a ComPilot for a while after I got my Naida HA, and I just wasn't impressed. too quiet, even with volume maxed out on ipod. And I don't much like having something hanging around my neck and on my chest anyway. am hoping my audie gets my Neptune sent back to me so I can go back to using the FM set up with my ipod and be wireless for sure.

i think the sound quality of direct connect connect or even telecoil with NoizFree or MusicLink earhook or via FM is better than the ComPilot. I trialed a ComPilot for a while after I got my Naida HA, and I just wasn't impressed. too quiet, even with volume maxed out on ipod. And I don't much like having something hanging around my neck and on my chest anyway. am hoping my audie gets my Neptune sent back to me so I can go back to using the FM set up with my ipod and be wireless for sure.

The sound quality is actually better than both telecoil and FM, but I can totally understand why you would think otherwise due to the volume. I actually have my volume maxed out on my phone and ComPilot (I do not use it in remote mode, as that was quieter without having ComPilot volume access) but at that point it is the right volume. I have a feeling you may not have gotten to experience the ComPilot fully. It does help that a CI is more powerful. I wonder how you would find it now if you were using a Naida and Phonak HA with a ComPilot? Also, I've found that my Laptop is more than loud enough with leeway used with the ComPilot, so it also depends on the source.

I did try the telecoil on the Naida with the Phonak MyLink and was impressed with the quality, albeit with the hallmark buzzing interference telecoils always have. I hated the Harmony's telecoil... very distant and thin. So I was surprised with the Naida's.

well it was only a trial period, borrowed from the audie's office (she had it laying around so people could try it out).

never tried the Telecoil on the Harmony as I never asked for a telecoil program, but I have used the telecoil with the Tcom on the Neptune and it was just fine. yeah, maybe a bit of buzzing but that's to be expected. Just as long as I remember to turn off telecoil in the car ha. this is why I prefer using the FM set up, none of the telecoil electrical interference, but oh well. Come on audie, send back my Neptune! I want to try out Optima already!

For me the sound quality is better through the FM for me anyway :)

One of my friends who is due for upgrade to the Naida has only one CI and wears a Supero in the other ear. She also uses her FM all the time. It would make it quite awkward to clip the FM into her hearing aid and then have to wear the ComPilot to have the FM thought her CI as well.

Also what about all these kids that use FM systems at school, will they have to wear a ComPilot to use the FM, if so I'll see the ComPilpt getting damaged very quickly.

there is a Roger FM receiver in the works that will be attached to the 170 batteries for the Naida CI, so compilot wouldn't have to be used. Who knows how much the FM receiver for the Naida CI will cost though.

And people would have to get a whole new system for the Roger FM to work. That'll cost loads and their old system will go to waste :(

yeah that;s one of my irks right now... if I upgrade to the Naida CI, then my SmartLink will only work with my hearing aid or Neptune, but if I want to use the FM with the Naida CI, I'd ave to get the whole new set and augh! I don't think DVR is gonna buy a whole new set when they already just bought the SmartLink in January for me haha. I have a few years before upgrading anyway.

Roger is only mono too, so stereo audio isn't possible with it. The frequency range is also a bit lower (max 7300 Hz instead of the usual 8700 Hz).

Hopefully Phonak/AB will come out with a design integrated Phonak FM receiver for the Q70's boot battery. I'm surprised they haven't, since a Roger equivalent of the Smartlink is not available either and almost no schools are going to have Roger systems, while loads of schools have FM Inspiros and the like.

Also the Neptune doesn't actually function with the Roger receiver either! They still have some bugs to work out.

I heard about this new Nadia Q70 and read up some on AB website about it. It claims to have wireless feature and bluetooth etc. But I wasn't sure exactly how their wireless works.

Then I found this post on about this new Model CI. From what I can understand that it does have wireless or bluetooth but it require user to wear a second device around the neck like a necklace to use the bluetooth feature correct?

Does anyone with experience using bluetooth chime in on this post and help me understand how it work?

I like the idea of having CI with bluetooth but I am not too sure if I want to have to carry around a second device on my neck all day so I can connect it my smartphone bluetooth to be able to hear new mesage chimes etc.

Thank you for your inputs!

Bill

I heard about this new Nadia Q70 and read up some on AB website about it. It claims to have wireless feature and bluetooth etc. But I wasn't sure exactly how their wireless works.

Then I found this post on about this new Model CI. From what I can understand that it does have wireless or bluetooth but it require user to wear a second device around the neck like a necklace to use the bluetooth feature correct?

Does anyone with experience using bluetooth chime in on this post and help me understand how it work?

I like the idea of having CI with bluetooth but I am not too sure if I want to have to carry around a second device on my neck all day so I can connect it my smartphone bluetooth to be able to hear new mesage chimes etc.

Thank you for your inputs!

Bill

Yes, you have to use a ComPilot to use the bluetooth feature. It's a smaller device, about the size of a credit card but thicker, maybe 1/2" thick or so. You wear it around your neck to use the bluetooth feature on a phone, computer, tv, etc. It's pretty handy. AB is working on CI feature where you would not need the Compilot but that is not ready yet.

Back