The new Advanced Bionics CI just came out!

Felquish

Reaction score
I definitely want to get the Naida CI Q70 because of all the features that are shown in the brochure or whatever I'm supposed to call this big book.

It's just that not only do I want to know what people who already have it like about it, what they think about it--do they recommend it?

I'm also confused because in the book that was sent to me, it's basically saying that you can swim with it but on the website, it doesn't? Speaking of the website, I can't find the costs! I just want to know how much it is!

I know of quite a few people who have gotten their Naidas already, and a few that are still waiting on theirs to be delivered.

Naida is only water resistant, but I'm hearing AB has a water proof accessory in the works for it. The Neptune, you can swim with when it's in the water proof configuration though.

I really want a Naida so bad! But I've only had my implant for a year and half, and Medicare will only pay for upgrades at 5 years so I have to wait. Lots more new features on the Naida that the Harmony doesn't have, Ultra Zoom, Zoom Control and Duo Phone (which works with bilateral implants), etc. etc. etc. Some who have gotten their Naidas have said they really like the Zoom features in noisy situations.

I definitely want to get the Naida CI Q70 because of all the features that are shown in the brochure or whatever I'm supposed to call this big book.

It's just that not only do I want to know what people who already have it like about it, what they think about it--do they recommend it?

I'm also confused because in the book that was sent to me, it's basically saying that you can swim with it but on the website, it doesn't? Speaking of the website, I can't find the costs! I just want to know how much it is!

You are confusing the Naida with the Neptune. The Neptune has a waterproof option, the Naida does not. List price on the Naida is about $9500. I'm getting mine turned on tomorrow :D

The OP is correct, a new processor has been introduced. It's a joint venture between AB and Phonak (Naida manufacturer).

Naida CI Q70

You are confusing the Naida with the Neptune. The Neptune has a waterproof option, the Naida does not. List price on the Naida is about $9500. I'm getting mine turned on tomorrow :D

Actually, per recent mentions in presentations at various socials; the Naida does indeed have a waterproof option coming up. Details have yet to be given, but they do mention the fact the Naida works with the Aqua Mic headpiece that Neptune uses. ... so that indicates we aren't looking at a baggie of some sort.

must've missed that mention of the Naida working with the AquaMic.. huh. cool enough! I knew they had something in the works to make the Naida more water proof for swimming/wet purposes.

Actually, per recent mentions in presentations at various socials; the Naida does indeed have a waterproof option coming up. Details have yet to be given, but they do mention the fact the Naida works with the Aqua Mic headpiece that Neptune uses. ... so that indicates we aren't looking at a baggie of some sort.

It's not an option now though.

I have to say, the new Naida is just wonderful!! Night and day difference even from the Neptune. The Neptune is very good but the Naida ROCKS!!!

What's so different? The mapping options are the same, other than fancy features. I wouldn't think they would alter the baseline sound much at all.

What's so different? The mapping options are the same, other than fancy features. I wouldn't think they would alter the baseline sound much at all.

Neptune without the T-Comm (T-Mic) option does sound different from a BTE, with the mic in the headpiece. I prefer using the T-Comm with my Neptune instead of the headpiece mic. Plus, the Naida has lots of new features that won't work on the Neptune (the Zoom features, etc). Naida has the capability to work with the ComPilot, Neptune doesn't.

I have to say, the new Naida is just wonderful!! Night and day difference even from the Neptune. The Neptune is very good but the Naida ROCKS!!!

You got new Naida CI Q70? Thats cool! Im jealous because you have new processor and I have to wait for my N6 in few more weeks :roll:

That's one thing I noticed about AB and Cochlear... Cochlear got the FDA approval first, and yet they're not officially releasing the N6 until Sept. 30. AB got the FDA last month, and already have been sending out/processing Naida orders/upgrades/whatever. I just thought that was odd and interesting.

The microphones are better. Some people may prefer the slight change in sound experienced using Optima.

I only use T-Mics unless I'm in AquaMic mode, so meh. I don't know why anyone would use anything but the T-Comm unless they're going waterproof...

I had a friend in the Naida trials and she wasn't a fan of optima, so your mileage may vary.

I was supposed to meet with an audiologist to discuss the Naida CI but I had to cancel because I hurt my leg. Argh.

I was supposed to meet with an audiologist to discuss the Naida CI but I had to cancel because I hurt my leg. Argh.

What was it a matter of too hard to get around because of the leg? How would a leg injury affect an appointment about a CI otherwise?

I only use T-Mics unless I'm in AquaMic mode, so meh. I don't know why anyone would use anything but the T-Comm unless they're going waterproof...

I had a friend in the Naida trials and she wasn't a fan of optima, so your mileage may vary.

I prefer the T-mic as well, but am able to use the headpiece mic. I like having the option to have nothing on my ear or go incognito with a cap. When I was a PSP user I had to use more volume to compensate for the T-Mic difference (though I didn't know it yet.) When done consistently performance can be the same, but if you switch back and forth between headpiece and T-mic then it can be disorienting ALL of the mics on the Naida are improved, especially the T-Mic 2.

Yes, I know Optima will not be for everyone. Like any strategy, you have to use it consistently. You can't just turn it on and use it for an hour and then decide it's not for you. I didn't like it either, despite the change being very small.. but it settled in and I honestly don't have a problem with it. The same reverse adjustment is required when going back to a program without Optima.

anyone have any problems with the compilot + naida?

I got a Ruby Naida which I'm loving, it's so light weight and I have yet to try all the new features like zoom and optima, however I noticed the ComPilot does not want to stay connected to the CI, streaming from direct input or bluetooth is constantly cutting out or not connecting at all. I'm thinking I may just need to replace the compilot but was curious if anyone else had any issues?

anyone have any problems with the compilot + naida?

I got a Ruby Naida which I'm loving, it's so light weight and I have yet to try all the new features like zoom and optima, however I noticed the ComPilot does not want to stay connected to the CI, streaming from direct input or bluetooth is constantly cutting out or not connecting at all. I'm thinking I may just need to replace the compilot but was curious if anyone else had any issues?

Replace the ComPilot. Stream should be constant. I sometimes experience drops with bluetooth streaming, as I have with any bluetooth solution, but never while using Aux input. The stream is very stable between the ComPilot and Naida when functioning properly. Just make sure the loop prongs are fully inserted.

Back