The many dangers of road rage drivers

GarnetTigerMom

Reaction score
The many dangers of road rage drivers

It is all about speed, tailgating, sudden and dangerous changes, cutting people off, swerving in and out, blocking and constantly going and stopping. Road rage. Road rage is driving with no respect or regard for others and is a very serious problem. We need to pay more attention to road rage, as it leads to more injuries and fatalities every year.

People do not understand how dangerous and possibly fatal road rage can be.
It figures should scare motorists into safer driving. It is hard to understand how and why the frustrations of driving dramatically affect our lives. We are not born to be road ragers. We learn to be dangerous operators of motorized vehicles. Even if you do not drive dangerously, it does not preclude you of being the victim. Sometimes you have to worry about the other person.

When you are faced with road rage, the best way to react is not to make eye contact, hand or facial gestures. These can and most likely will be interpreted as retaliation, according to the official road rage Web site, the rager road homes for at theroadrager.com. where you can get informations. Just let bygones be bygones. It may be hard to do, but it may save you from physical harm.
Letting road rage upset you is a waste of good energy. We as drivers need to be more cautious when driving. We need to give ourselves more time to get where we are going. We need to slow down. Please be more considerate while driving. Your life or the lives of your loved ones may depend on it.

We have problems with road rages here if you go into the city. Too many accident everyday because of it. I stop going to that direction. It is not worth risking your life against road rage.

We have problems with road rages here if you go into the city. Too many accident everyday because of it. I stop going to that direction. It is not worth risking your life against road rage.

ah, I don't blame you. I also avoid busy highways, bridges and busy freeways where lot of rotten people think they can get away with speeding and trying to road rage can get someone killed. So I had to take many different directions or short cut or long way to avoid bad drivers. Even younger teenagers think is okay to speed when they know better it wrong.

ah, I don't blame you. I also avoid busy highways, bridges and busy freeways where lot of rotten people think they can get away with speeding and trying to road rage can get someone killed. So I had to take many different directions or short cut or long way to avoid bad drivers. Even younger teenagers think is okay to speed when they know better it wrong.

Yes me too. I rather take the old routes than to take a risk. More miles or gas no matter to me. Better safe than sorry. Just recently I saw four cars crashes, not very pretty. It was worse interstate, and new they just build a new one to aviod over traffic on that interstates. They are starting to put cameras in highways now.

Yes me too. I rather take the old routes than to take a risk. More miles or gas no matter to me. Better safe than sorry. Just recently I saw four cars crashes, not very pretty. It was worse interstate, and new they just build a new one to aviod over traffic on that interstates. They are starting to put cameras in highways now.

Yep they have put camera now on traffic lights about 7 years ago here in Virginia. I can imagine how it would look with car crashes. I seen plenty of that here was not a pretty sight. I do agree with you it better to be safe than sorry no matter what inspite of the gas miles issues. It is scary when it come to people driving like manics.

..Bravo... excellent topic... yes you are right about road rages out there..you see I am a tow truck driver for over 30 yrs.. I saw more than plenty you ever imagined, even when I arrived wreck scenes I always be the last person to clear the traffic up by cleanin the wreck mess by sweep the debris up then reel the wreck in then hook up and tow away to clear and open the traffic lanes up, most really do not have the patiance which few would dove through right middle of a wreck scene while I sweeps the wreck debris off at the wreck scene upon street or road...the summer of 1995 I ran a roadside assistance call which was a flat tire after I changed the tire as I saw a late model chevy impala swooshed by almost missed me but It's passagerside outside rearview mirror slapped me by my belly so hard and went on and never stops. I suffered some tummy internal bleeding and had repaired my naval hole and left big as a baskeball sized burise on my belly for about a month.. whew as that why if you ever broke down , please try to move your car away far enough or deep enough on the shoulder of the road away from the traffic

Oh yeah! I would love to make eye contact! That will surely make them go nuts and I'll simply be the victim... while suing them for lots of money! Hehehe!

..Bravo... excellent topic... yes you are right about road rages out there..you see I am a tow truck driver for over 30 yrs.. I saw more than plenty you ever imagined, even when I arrived wreck scenes I always be the last person to clear the traffic up by cleanin the wreck mess by sweep the debris up then reel the wreck in then hook up and tow away to clear and open the traffic lanes up, most really do not have the patiance which few would dove through right middle of a wreck scene while I sweeps the wreck debris off at the wreck scene upon street or road...the summer of 1995 I ran a roadside assistance call which was a flat tire after I changed the tire as I saw a late model chevy impala swooshed by almost missed me but It's passagerside outside rearview mirror slapped me by my belly so hard and went on and never stops. I suffered some tummy internal bleeding and had repaired my naval hole and left big as a baskeball sized burise on my belly for about a month.. whew as that why if you ever broke down , please try to move your car away far enough or deep enough on the shoulder of the road away from the traffic

Ouch, glad you are okay and living. I remember about 15 years ago I was camping at my folks place on the shore and had good time. Then ready to drive back home i was driving on the Cheaspeake Bay Bridge Tunnel and while driving. I was about 2 cars behind the cars in front of me entering the tunnel soon. But still on the bridage where we are surrounded by water. A jeep Flipped over upside down close to the end of the pole near that could have gone over the bridge to the water and woman was speeding too fast with no hood on top and not wearing no seat belt at all. I was lucky in time enough to stop. Stuck on tha bridge for 9 hours was frustrating. I am sure the woman got a huge fined for that.

Oh yeah! I would love to make eye contact! That will surely make them go nuts and I'll simply be the victim... while suing them for lots of money! Hehehe!

LOL,, would you be sueing for 2 million buck? you can retire with that much money ha.

LOL,, would you be sueing for 2 million buck? you can retire with that much money ha.
Exactly!

My car is 10 years old. I need a new car. I need some money.

So, if someone decides to destroy my car because of road rage... fine. I'll make them buy me a new car! ;)

Exactly!

My car is 10 years old. I need a new car. I need some money.

So, if someone decides to destroy my car because of road rage... fine. I'll make them buy me a new car! ;)

If u want to be a victim of road rage...move to Phx, AZ. My dad told me that the road rage violence is becoming a huge problem there.

It is insane! people feel protected behind the wheel but afraid to face the person face to face, they feel protected in the vehicle. Like Dr Jeckle and Mr Hyde.

Gesture from 'other' driver: "YOU *bleeping* moron--don't YOU know how to drive, YOU *bleeping* idiot!!!"

Me: *points at my ears* **mouth the words:**

"Sorry, can't hear, buh-bye!"

*waves nicely while driving away*

;)

~RR

Gesture from 'other' driver: "YOU *bleeping* moron--don't YOU know how to drive, YOU *bleeping* idiot!!!"

;)

~RR

You couldn't have said it nicer to a crazy person! LOL

:whistle: I am one of rage driver :giggle:

Just kidding :lol:

I am not to make eye contact! :eek:

Watch this video of two women in a road rage situation. It's funny but they're crazy!!

;)

~RR

:lol: funni.

HEY MATER.. . GOT TO AGREE WITH YA AN VECHILE BEING BROKEN DOWN OR ANY REASON THE VECHILE IS BEING ON SHOULDER ANY MOVING VEHICLE SHOULD PULL AWAY IN CASE IF THERE'S A PERSON TRYING TO CHANGE TIRE OR ANY REASON.... I'M A TRUCK DRIVER (SAIA COMPANY) I often have to pull over to hookup the snow chains on the trailers... people didn't move to respect me.. I had to keep my eyes on those moving vehicles passing by me... I tend to get pissed if they didn't.. That's scary part when I had to pull over and be safe when I'm checking or hook the chains on my truck and trailer...

Road rages... I hate those guys so much... lol been on road all day.. 80% of all the time people cut me off... aint cool to do that "cutoff" front of a big semi truck.. And those people who are on cell phone while driving like crazy... there's a law (I think) can't use phone while driving but the "FIVE-O" didn't do anything in here montana...

P.S. Some of you know that I lived in nevada..not anymore My grandpa just passed away a month ago so I moved to montana, beaverhead to take care of my g-ma... and still driving a semi truck!!!!

And those people who are on cell phone while driving like crazy... there's a law (I think) can't use phone while driving but the "FIVE-O" didn't do anything in here montana...

P.S. Some of you know that I lived in nevada..not anymore My grandpa just passed away a month ago so I moved to montana, beaverhead to take care of my g-ma... and still driving a semi truck!!!!

General,

I'm sorry about your grandfather. You're a good man to look after your grandmother.

No, Montana does not have a law against driving with a cell phone. Since you are near Dillon, you probably drive south into Idaho. No cell phone law there either.

I agree there should be a law against driving with cell phones, but it's my understanding that the only western state passing such a law for all drivers is California, and I think that law will go into effect in July. I'm trying to find out more.

Back