The many dangers of road rage drivers

Chase, yes you are right most would think that way but In my state, as anyone on the highway are the right of way.... which is anyone who try to merge into highway must yield down to wait for clear lane to merge in I would not move at all but most time I was nice enuff to help out by move over if I have open lane to move.. if not, I would stay on

As long the passing lane is clear, I will change lanes to let the driver enter the highway. But if not, then they will have to slow down and wait. However, i do think it's highly rude of people to speed up just to block a driver from entering the highway.

There are so many drivers out there who are so inconsiderate of the other drivers. One of the most common problems would be the lack of signaling prior to a lane change. It's quite dangerous especially in winter time. But people are stupid enough to put everybody in danger. Also, tailgating is a major issue. People shouldn't be driving so close to each other on the highway at 100 kilometres per hour. How do you think a highway pile-up gets started? Because too many people are stupid enough to drive close to the other cars.

It seems like only 1 out of 10 drivers actually know what they are doing.

Wow my prayers for this tow truck driver family... ...and thanks for sayin find a good spot to give the towing guy more room to get your car .....

Mechanics Plus Towing

you will see photo gallery and what happens after road rages. Not pretty pictures. I hear stories everyday. Maybe some had better days, but the bussiness have kept going and going. No one could rest nowadays, kept working on double shifts. Too many accidents due to road rage, some people's cars have broken down, etc...You will see In memory of the guy who was killed at the top left corner.

..It seems like only 1 out of 10 drivers actually know what they are doing

Hmm...there's at least 10 of 'us' posting in this thread, now now, which ONE of us drivers know what we're doing?? :D

:lol: :scatter:

~RR

Hmm...there's at least 10 of 'us' posting in this thread, now now, which ONE of us drivers know what we're doing?? :D

:lol: :scatter:

~RR

ME!!!!! Not a single driving record here, not a single ticket or any accident in my whole life. Does that count as me being a careful driver and KNOW WHAT I AM DOING? :giggle:

I m always a careful good driver, I do agree there are some nasty speeder drivers always such a jerk on the road! geez

Well, I had 2 at fault accidents when I was 18 which one of them is a parking lot mishap and other on freeway. Lesson learned and ever since no at fault accidents til 2 years ago a guy hit me in the rear quarter when he making a right turn on a red light. His insurance paid over $4K to repair my truck.

As for the ticket, I only had a first one (out of state ticket) last summer. That's about it.

Since I learned lesson, I try to be cautious and keep eyes open on the road for those erratic drivers and those crazy speeders who tend to cut off inches apart. Often drivers do that and they flash a "flip bird" at me for being "slow" well I follow the posted limit and driving safely. I limit 65-70mph on freeway... no way I would go 80mph or 100mph on my truck. Safety comes first in my mind and keep eyes ahead on the road and check mirrors.

I think we're pretty much in agreement, just clarifying some points in my mind for discussion.

1. Yes, it is the law in every state (and I'm sure in every country) that those on a main highway have the right-of-way. Drivers entering the main highway must yield. My point is that many don't yield and just barrel on. Many believe that the driver already on the main highway MUST give them room. The results are many crashes.

2. Yes, it is a courtesy and a safety factor for the driver in the far right lane to move to the left when a vehicle is entering. It's good sense, but what I'm saying is sometimes they can't move left due to heavy traffic already in the left lane. It's those cases where drivers coming from the right and expecting you to let them on cause crashes.

3. Road rages are not crashes. Road rage is when drivers lose their temper and threaten other drivers. Road rage may cause crashes; it isn't one.

Yep, we have to look out for mad and crazy drivers. I remember a poem for a tombstone:

Here lies the body of Jonathan Grey
Who died while taking the right-of-way.
He was right--dead right--so goes the song,
But he was just as dead as if he was wrong.

Back