The lowest form of language

I don't hate me.

I hate humans.

MUCH DIFFERENCE IN THAT.

SKOREAPV- Of course, the written must be better than spoken language, because in words, it can mean a lot of things, so you want to be more specific on what you are trying to say. Beside if there was a lowest form of all language, ASL would be it. But you are right, there isn't any level or form of languages, there are differences and similiarities. You see, people who typed up essays, stories, and books actually wrote the same thing more than once, probably more than 10 times, because its structure is the most vulerable of all languages. You want it to be beautiful, strong, and convincing. But when you speak, it is different, you aren't really taking your time to speak, you are actually speaking out loud what your mind is saying. But if one was able to conquer the world by speaking, he would be the devil with the silver tongue. What a sly devil that fool would be.

Beside, thanks for saving my thread! WOO WOO!

What about the Roman orator Cicero who was legendary for his speeches or in more recent times Winston Churchill?

I see no reason why you can't make excellent speeches in ASL even though prose is a poor medium for ASL. It's my understanding that ASL poets tend to condsider signs carefully in order to make ASL poetry the best that it can be. I'm quite certain that Cicero and Churchill considered the effect of their words before making one of their speeches.

What about the Roman orator Cicero who was legendary for his speeches or in more recent times Winston Churchill?

I see no reason why you can't make excellent speeches in ASL even though prose is a poor medium for ASL. It's my understanding that ASL poets tend to condsider signs carefully in order to make ASL poetry the best that it can be. I'm quite certain that Cicero and Churchill considered the effect of their words before making one of their speeches.

Absolutely. George Veditz comes to mind, and his eloquent speech delivered in ASL (1913) in which he declared, "we are, now and forever, the people of the eye."

Absolutely. George Veditz comes to mind, and his eloquent speech delivered in ASL (1913) in which he declared, "we are, now and forever, the people of the eye."

I will have to remember George Veditz's words as I love how he describes the deaf.. I'm afraid I'm not as knowledgable as you are when it comes to Deaf speakers. My apologies to Deaf speakers everywhere.. :Oops:

I will have to remember George Veditz's words as I love how he describes the deaf.. I'm afraid I'm not as knowledgable as you are when it comes to Deaf speakers. My apologies to Deaf speakers everywhere.. :Oops:

No need to apologize. When I was first trying to learn more about the culture I read a lot of Deaf history so I would be able to discuss figures from the past with my son.

Hi,
if you want to gather some knowledge about deaf speakers, or significant figures in deaf history, very good start would be to pick up a book; "When The Mind Hears" Harlen Lane.

Be warned though the book is actually quite dense but hell, A LOT of things happened at this point in time ! - amazing as you'd get the 'rounded picture' of that historic events like as much or more than you'd might know about the history revovling Independence day of USA!...

Cheers

... What an unbelievably disturbed thread. :roll:

But I will take some joke posts from this thread
I need a laugh :D

Back