The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You from those parts? Guess I better get out my maps....

I was born near the mountains of NC but have been to the outer banks. Some places out there you can get to via bridge but some you have to take a ferry. if you look at a map the outer banks goes all the way up the coast of NC. ALOT of places out there.

Thats right, if you google OBX, you can't miss it. It is awesome island off from North Carolina on the East coast. It is mostly oceanic environment, just like Cape Cod. The heart of OBX is really Cape Hatteras with the USA tallest light house.

If your in for sea food, go to Dirty Dick's Crab House I know what you are thinking but nope it is not, and it is awesome seafood restaurant. You could try Howard's Pub on Ocracoke Island, it is awesome place. If you got 4x4, get your 4x4 on beach and have fun!

you have to have a permit some places out there to take a 4X4 out on the beach.

Nope not in NC! :) We did that on the beach almost all week! We loved it! :)

Some places. When I went to emerald Isle, NC there were signs all over the place. MUST have permit to drive on beach. May have been a city ordinance or something.

Ahh I see...not the island we went....much northern. :)

Some places. When I went to emerald Isle, NC there were signs all over the place. MUST have permit to drive on beach. May have been a city ordinance or something.

(sigh) i caught it up my new teacher's plan book to completed one part of teaching lessons plan...Now, second part is upcoming to complete in later time. Too exhausted from planning, class makeover, making programs, and etc. So much in little time.

i think i need downtime- beer, pizza, and watch SF Giants tv on my 42' HDTV.

(sigh) i caught it up my new teacher's plan book to completed one part of teaching lessons plan...Now, second part is upcoming to complete in later time. Too exhausted from planning, class makeover, making programs, and etc. So much in little time.

NorCal!!! :D

You're overloading yourself, Dude. You know you gotta get your jig on! :lol:

I know you have to have the actual planner book in front of you, but I have all my lesson plans on the computer with this fantastic program that tracks attendance, grades, lessons, supply lists, reading lists, memorizations lists, nad even library due dates for library books. It will print out report cards and do a wonderful high school transcript for colleges. There are some people who use it to keep track of their own college classes.

NorCal!!! :D

You're overloading yourself, Dude. You know you gotta get your jig on! :lol:

yea, i know...i miss you-

I know you have to have the actual planner book in front of you, but I have all my lesson plans on the computer with this fantastic program that tracks attendance, grades, lessons, supply lists, reading lists, memorizations lists, nad even library due dates for library books. It will print out report cards and do a wonderful high school transcript for colleges. There are some people who use it to keep track of their own college classes.

what if computer crashed? gotta to do old fashioned way :]
Yes, i do have that system.

Permit is not required, I have been there with my Jeep and know it is not required. Yes ranger stopped by and let us know that 4x4 vehicle must be out by 10pm.

Yes, in Deleware must have permit, I think permit is good idea and should be required in OBX.

Yup, there is ferry there, some are free, others with fees. Free ferry is usually between island. I used bridge to get into Kitty Hawk, ferry to Ocracoke island.

Fun!

I was born near the mountains of NC but have been to the outer banks. Some places out there you can get to via bridge but some you have to take a ferry. if you look at a map the outer banks goes all the way up the coast of NC. ALOT of places out there.

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epix (i907))

diehardbiker said:
Permit is not required, I have been there with my Jeep and know it is not required. Yes ranger stopped by and let us know that 4x4 vehicle must be out by 10pm.

Yes, in Deleware must have permit, I think permit is good idea and should be required in OBX.

Several beaches in Washington state do not need a permit to take ur car there. Its a public beach for any vehicles. I dunno why some state require permit?

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epix (i907))

Several beaches in Washington state do not need a permit to take ur car there. Its a public beach for any vehicles. I dunno why some state require permit?

To limit/discourage traffic and collect money for clean up/care

Welcome to my club...going thru the same thing too. My classroom finally took shape today. Now, onto the lesson planning. Fun Fun Fun!!! :lol:

ahh cool.. i'll check it out later, probably might help, who knows?

im on 3/4 left to finish second teaching lessons. UGH.

can somebody send someone to rescue me out.

on my way!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back