The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm subbing tomorrow with the 7th and 8th grade math classes. This could be fun b/c math is not my strong point but I'm sure the teacher will have the students work cut out for them. I'm told these are hard kids to deal with so I'll be on my toes all day tomorrow and not let stuff slide. I'll just have to tell them no talking until their work is completed and turned in. I'm still green but I'm ready for a challenge.

This also means I will have to postpone my drug test at Wal-Mart to tomorrow evening or possibly even Tuesday morning on my way to Uni.

This also means I will have to postpone my drug test at Wal-Mart to tomorrow evening or possibly even Tuesday morning on my way to Uni.

I don't think they'll let you postpone the drug test..it'll look like you are trying to get something out of your systerm to pass it..

i've had that once. that really sux to have some technical issue. why not get a terp? plus - you should carry tape recorder cuz of unexpected technical issue like this.

- I am back at work

The audio worked fine, the captioner can hear my lecturer talking but the sending of the captions to my screen wont work, so the captioner is sending me a transcript via email to me later today or tomorrow so I can read it throughout on what I have missed.

There is no interpreter available on mondays, that is why I chosen this Remote captioning for back up purposes, which was good, but today was an techical issue, the ports seems to have blocked it. :( and I dont need the tape recorder, since the audio line is working fine.

Deaf interpreter or VRI for your lecture?

No, they don't have the techno's for the VRI.

The real professional stand in interpreters are unavilable on mondays, due to high popularity in my hometown.

No, they don't have the techno's for the VRI.

The real professional stand in interpreters are unavilable on mondays, due to high popularity in my hometown.

If real time captioning wont work, you can ask some student to use notetaking.

Nah, the audio line works fine, the captioner can hear and they will send me the transcript to me via email later.

Nah, the audio line works fine, the captioner can hear and they will send me the transcript to me via email later.

You are lucky for new technology! I always brought notetaking papers in some college lectures if some deaf interpreter was unavailable.

I don't think they'll let you postpone the drug test..it'll look like you are trying to get something out of your systerm to pass it..

nope, I already told the lady that interviewed me that I substitute teach at the local school and if they called tonight for me to sub tomorrow (which they did) then I would call to have the drug test rescheduled. Besides not only that there's no way a person could pass a drug test in less than 24 hours. It would take them days to get it out of their system. Besides being a substitute pretty much screams "drug free". It would be better for me to have it done tomorrow afternoon after I get off from the school. Just go straight away from school, it would be one less thing I would have to be concerned with in scheduling.

I can't wait get new Sprint BB woot! it's present for my Bday from my mom :D but right now can't get it cuz of my bro was in car accident happen last thursday *smh* but will stop by see him and will give me new Sprint BB that where my bro work there :D

Good Morning!!..Yeah it's 9am and I can go pay my rent and go back to bed..Can't wait till I get feeling better :)

Good morning, sunshine !!!! My first week without school and homework. Yay !!! Hope everyone has a fabulous week. Oh by the way, daylight savings happens this coming Saturday. I thought it was last Saturday. So I was freaking out Sunday morning when I was getting ready to go to a baby shower, thinking I was an hour late. But no :) So don't forget, everyone, it happens THIS Saturday :)

Good to remember about the daylight savings time. I had forgotten completely.:wave:

Good morning! Man, I love the smell of napalm in the air here in AD!

and dont forget to change the batteries in your smoke detectors when the clocks are set forward!

I am in a bad mood today :mad2: I was about to start working and what did I get? Blackout!:pissed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back