The Faithless Insomniac Thread

*yawn* I gave up on this whole sleep thing...

buried under 8-12" of snow

Funny, I still can't find you on my AIM list even though you were imported from my FB and email account. Perhaps you've been buried alive?

Ugh, my stomach cramps are returning in full force, I'm going to go lay down for a while.

Us NYers are just about buried in LOL

Dixie, I am in the same boat, so to speak as you. I work only one day a week. and I am trying to get my degree rolling (AAS in ASL interpreting/ BS in early Childhood Ed). By the time I am finished I will be in my 50's

Another insomniac here! :wave: Went to bed about midnight, never fell asleep. Gave it up at 4:30 am. And I have to go to work in a few hours.

Another insomniac here! :wave: Went to bed about midnight, never fell asleep. Gave it up at 4:30 am. And I have to go to work in a few hours.

feels bad, man.

+1
I have been staying awake since last night. It's because of my stupid cough... Grrrrrrrr...

I just finished Ernest Hemingway's For Whom the Bell Tolls...just after 4 a.m.

It is what I would call literature. Lots of big themes.

Geez...all you guys too?...I didn't sleep at all..feel like I've been run over by a street sweeper...hair's a mess, car is in the shop, (get it out late evening).
Called a friend around 3:30am (biggg mistake!) And my Chinese fortune cookie last night said..."Beware of walking around in the dark"....so I cut on all the lights and gave myself a good talking to!

I just finished Ernest Hemingway's For Whom the Bell Tolls...just after 4 a.m.

It is what I would call literature. Lots of big themes.

One of the best books I've ever read.

Meh. I've been known to get only 6 hours over a 4 day period. I was exhausted but could not sleep. Finally my body just crashed out. I'm glad I've not had one of those recently.

This is scary when that happens. I once only slept about 1 1/2 hours in 4 days, then one day I blacked out and woke up on my bathroom floor with a headache and cup in my hand. So many questions come from that: Why did I have a cup in the bathroom? How did I get in the bathroom? My head hurt, did I slam to the floor or was I so out of it that I laid on my bathroom floor? and most important, did I turn into a werewolf and attack people?

Lately insomnia has gone for a weird twist; I used to go with little sleep (ie...2 1/2-3 hours a night), but lately I will fall asleep at 11pm, wake up at midnight, fall back to sleep at 2:30 wake up at 3, falll back asleep at 5 and wake up at 6. (times are not exact, just an example). This intermittant sleep is WAY worse! I would rather have 2 hours of solid sleep than 5 hours waking up so many times.

This is scary when that happens. I once only slept about 1 1/2 hours in 4 days, then one day I blacked out and woke up on my bathroom floor with a headache and cup in my hand. So many questions come from that: Why did I have a cup in the bathroom? How did I get in the bathroom? My head hurt, did I slam to the floor or was I so out of it that I laid on my bathroom floor? and most important, did I turn into a werewolf and attack people?

Lately insomnia has gone for a weird twist; I used to go with little sleep (ie...2 1/2-3 hours a night), but lately I will fall asleep at 11pm, wake up at midnight, fall back to sleep at 2:30 wake up at 3, falll back asleep at 5 and wake up at 6. (times are not exact, just an example). This intermittant sleep is WAY worse! I would rather have 2 hours of solid sleep than 5 hours waking up so many times.

:giggle: gotta hate when that happens....

Am I considered an isomniac if I am unable to sleep through the night for as long as I can remember?

I am usually a member of this club but last night I forced sleep upon myself since I had a nervous stomach and its usually quiet here when I can't sleep, man I missed all the action last night but I hope sleep finds me again tonight

What's your longest stretch of no sleep?

Tried and true insomniac here. I've gone a continuous 40 hrs without sleep before. Let me tell you... After awhile, not even caffeine would work!

At any rate, I've been an insomniac since the age of 7. I need medication to get me to sleep, and, help me stay asleep.

After about 36 hours caffeine just keeps you from nodding off without actually perking you up. That was a strange 4 day period for me. I would literally zone out staring at the maestros at Tyson and my inspector would throw water on me and look at me like WTF are you doing? I finally crashed out for about 12 hours, luckily I was at home and I wasn't disturbed. I woke up with my coke spilled on my bed, my head on my book and my notes scattered about and the TV playing in the background. I got up with a huge headache and stumbled to the bathroom. I looked like shit. I was all pale and just looked exhausted. After a shower I felt better.

The other day I looked in the mirror and I have dark purple bags under my eyes. I think my insomnia may be catching up to me to the point that it's breaking me down. Tonight I may try to lay down a bit earlier.

After about 36 hours caffeine just keeps you from nodding off without actually perking you up. That was a strange 4 day period for me. I would literally zone out staring at the maestros at Tyson and my inspector would throw water on me and look at me like WTF are you doing? I finally crashed out for about 12 hours, luckily I was at home and I wasn't disturbed. I woke up with my coke spilled on my bed, my head on my book and my notes scattered about and the TV playing in the background. I got up with a huge headache and stumbled to the bathroom. I looked like shit. I was all pale and just looked exhausted. After a shower I felt better.

The other day I looked in the mirror and I have dark purple bags under my eyes. I think my insomnia may be catching up to me to the point that it's breaking me down. Tonight I may try to lay down a bit earlier.

Sleep deprivation does crazy sh*t to people. You feel weird, too. I actually thought I was hallucinating during that forty hr stretch without sleep. I may have been. When I've gone without sleep long enough, I've made myself hypomanic and I hallucinate. Talk about being in the Twilight Zone!

But, this was back in the day when taking care of myself wasn't high on my list of priorities. Now, I take the medication I'm prescribed and try to get 10 hrs of sleep. Most of the time, it works. But, I still have periods where I can't sleep no matter what I take or do.

Sleep deprivation does crazy sh*t to people. You feel weird, too. I actually thought I was hallucinating during that forty hr stretch without sleep. I may have been. When I've gone without sleep long enough, I've made myself hypomanic and I hallucinate. Talk about being in the Twilight Zone!

But, this was back in the day when taking care of myself wasn't high on my list of priorities. Now, I take the medication I'm prescribed and try to get 10 hrs of sleep. Most of the time, it works. But, I still have periods where I can't sleep no matter what I take or do.

The only time I've hallucinated was when my bipolar was getting way out of hand when I was 18 and no one knew what to do with me. And this was 9 years before I was diagnosed. They all thought I was on drugs. Another time I was severely ill and had a bad fever. I was watching some strange movie and I swear I saw leprechauns coming out of the TV set! Thankfully I've not hallucinated in years and I intend to keep it that way.

I also did not get more than 1-2 hours of sleep last night. I had too much pain and could not take the pain meds. I am dragging now inspite of doing a lot. Coffee, here we come!

I hope your feeling better pain-wise today. I had Starbucks coffee today (I got it for free!) so I'm feeling good now.

Back