The debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambrosia

Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't have cable anymore, just netfliks streamed through the xbox. I'd really like to watch them! Does anyone know of a good source on line that will have it captioned? Not the stupid youtube type captions either.

I don't have cable anymore, just netfliks streamed through the xbox. I'd really like to watch them! Does anyone know of a good source on line that will have it captioned? Not the stupid youtube type captions either.

Do you have an antenna? If you can get any channels, you'll probably be able to get it with captions. I got rid of cable and I use a regular TV antenna with my HD tv. I can get all the major, national channels.

Do you have an antenna? If you can get any channels, you'll probably be able to get it with captions. I got rid of cable and I use a regular TV antenna with my HD tv. I can get all the major, national channels.

Wow you do?? For some reason I didn't think they bothered sending the signal anymore since they made everyone go digital. But no I don't have one. Maybe I should just find someone I know who's watching it and invite myself over lol.

You know the white cable thhats for the tv the one you have to twist to plug? Plug one end to the wall and the other end to the tv make sure that nothing else is connected you should be able to get the local channels

Check out this article:

Presidential Debate 2012 Live Stream: Where To Watch Obama Debate Romney Online

It might help you with online viewing.

Watching it with someone would be great, but politics causes problems even with friends never mind potential significant others. Just sayin...

The university that is streaming it might be your best bet, but ABC, CBS or NBC probably has to do it as required by law.

EDIT: I'm sure your friends would love have you over..

Wow you do?? For some reason I didn't think they bothered sending the signal anymore since they made everyone go digital. But no I don't have one. Maybe I should just find someone I know who's watching it and invite myself over lol.

I did a Google and found this site that shows stations there: Myrtle Beach - Florence Television Stations - Station Index

You may well be able to pick up an indoor antenna at Radio Shack or even a hardware store that would work since you have truly local stations. You may not get everything that is broadcasting in the area but since this will be covered by all the networks one of them should come in well enough.

I've got the solution, if you don't shack up with friends. If you use Video Relay by Sorenson or some other provider just have him/her(any friend you VP with) turn the camera towards the TV. Presto! Instant video.

Try the streaming sites first and if that doesn't pan out use the video phone.

As for me, I've got some fresh made pop corn and a bottle of white wine at the ready... :)

Thanks everybody, and vacationguy, I thought that exact same thing, I think most of the people I know around here are routing for the other guy. I'd probably have to duct tape my mouth before I left lol

Thanks everybody, and vacationguy, I thought that exact same thing, I think most of the people I know around here are routing for the other guy. I'd probably have to duct tape my mouth before I left lol

Women from SC are strong minded and beautiful. I doubt anything you say could do permanent damage. A bruised ego here or there is expected..

It can also work with any video cam.. I'm surprised I haven't setup something like this before.

Here are some web sites with information you may want to look at as you make a long term decision:

AntennaWeb - Home

DTV Coupons, DTV Answers | TVConversionhelp.com

Moving Away from Cable | Guide to Free TV

The coupon program for converter boxes has ended but the second link above talks not just about that but current solutions.

The last link I just got from Google but have no idea about the quality of the information.

Personally I have never had cable. I found that even after spending a good deal of money up front because of how far my house is from the nearest TV station when pro-rated over the years it worked out to over $50 but less than $60 PER YEAR!

Youtube is the worst with captions, they hardly ever get a word right.:roll:

Watched it on CSpan, not too many scew up I don't think, the sentences made sense at least. But they'd fall behind, so I'm not sure if any of what they said got left out so they could try to catch back up. I usually don't worry about watching these kinds of things, I just check the fact checks. Factcheck.org is great. So I'll put my galoshes tomorrow and wade through their bullshit to see who was more on point and who lied to us the most. But that's all I can say about that, no political discussions.

But in case anyone is curious Cspan does have captions for these live events, wonder if I could have watched the conventions on there?

Watched it on CSpan, not too many scew up I don't think, the sentences made sense at least. But they'd fall behind, so I'm not sure if any of what they said got left out so they could try to catch back up. I usually don't worry about watching these kinds of things, I just check the fact checks. Factcheck.org is great. So I'll put my galoshes tomorrow and wade through their bullshit to see who was more on point and who lied to us the most. But that's all I can say about that, no political discussions.

But in case anyone is curious Cspan does have captions for these live events, wonder if I could have watched the conventions on there?

Yes, CSPAN was great during the conventions. That is the best place to watch conventions because they don't cut away.

Also, it usually seems the captions are better on the replay. I usually watch the debate without captions or sound the first time and take notes on body language and facial expressions. Then I watch the replay on DVR with my notes. I find this to be a good tool for detecting the truth.

First 5 minutes of debate, Romney and Obama smiling each other and I went to :zzz:

Also, it usually seems the captions are better on the replay. I usually watch the debate without captions or sound the first time and take notes on body language and facial expressions. Then I watch the replay on DVR with my notes. I find this to be a good tool for detecting the truth.

That is really weird. Right now me and my sister are talking on facebook about their facial expressions and smiling. I had never actually seen Romney speak, just pictures of him and read transcripts articles etc. I was kind of fixating on how every time Romney stopped talking he'd look and Obama and do this smile and blink really fast. The blinking was bugging me. Obama's smile was more defeated, he looked down shaking his head and smiling a lot. It was really distracting, the captions were so far behind a lot of times I'd be reading what Obama was saying but seeing Romney, I think that may have been why I was paying so much attention to their body language. Interesting though that you mention it and I'm a conversation about it right now on FB lol.

I recommend factcheck.org for unspinning the spin,from both sides. The site was recommended to me by my Public Speaking professor. I had to take it to get my massage license and I took the class fall of 08', during the last elections, very helpful, for me anyway.

you won't find it.

First 5 minutes of debate, Romney and Obama smiling each other and I went to :zzz:

um....uh....ah....um....uhm....ahem....well....you see .... um.....ah ...the thing is ....um...ah...uh

That is really weird. Right now me and my sister are talking on facebook about their facial expressions and smiling. I had never actually seen Romney speak, just pictures of him and read transcripts articles etc. I was kind of fixating on how every time Romney stopped talking he'd look and Obama and do this smile and blink really fast. The blinking was bugging me. Obama's smile was more defeated, he looked down shaking his head and smiling a lot. It was really distracting, the captions were so far behind a lot of times I'd be reading what Obama was saying but seeing Romney, I think that may have been why I was paying so much attention to their body language. Interesting though that you mention it and I'm a conversation about it right now on FB lol.

I recommend factcheck.org for unspinning the spin,from both sides. The site was recommended to me by my Public Speaking professor. I had to take it to get my massage license and I took the class fall of 08', during the last elections, very helpful, for me anyway.

Yeah Romney always does the winking thing. I think it is an issue the stage lights but I am not sure. It is annoying. He also needs to do something about the way he looks at Obama when Obama is speaking. It think he is just paying attention but he comes off smug.

Obama looked nervous to me. Looked like he didn't want to be there.

:dunno:

Yeah Romney always does the winking thing. I think it is an issue the stage lights but I am not sure. It is annoying. He also needs to do something about the way he looks at Obama when Obama is speaking. It think he is just paying attention but he comes off smug.

Obama looked nervous to me. Looked like he didn't want to be there.

:dunno:

Teleprompter must have broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back