Thanksgiving Horror Stories!

mbrek

Premium Member
Reaction score
Come on, fess up time! Did you cook the turkey with the giblets bag still inside? Did you invite the whole family and not have a clue about what you were getting into?

I want to hear about it!

Come on, fess up time! Did you cook the turkey with the giblets bag still inside? Did you invite the whole family and not have a clue about what you were getting into?

I want to hear about it!

I had a homemade cheesecake that I was baking that rose, not staying put. Cheesecake was everywhere in the oven.

:) thankfully I do not have a horror story that involves thanksgiving but did have a close call several years ago with my "twilight zone" in-laws. The thing is they are a bunch of hermits but so am I. The only difference is that they do not observe social norms...PERIOD. I almost invited them over to my parents home on thanksgiving but thankfully they were unable to attend. They've only met my parents twice in the seven years I've been with my husband and there is a reason why. :)

Now I do have a christmas horror story that involves them but will wait until that thread is created next month to share it :) My husband and I still talk about it as if it happened yesterday. It was the most mortifying moments of my life besides bending over at work to realize that I had a hole in my crotch area and wasn't wearing panties....( wearing nursing scrubs ).

I've never had anything like a thanksgiving horror story but I do recall one of my co-workers at the Intermodal company that I used to worked at telling us about how her oven blew up on Thanksgiving day. She didn't like it when we burst out laughing.

I had a homemade cheesecake that I was baking that rose, not staying put. Cheesecake was everywhere in the oven.

:giggle: I made mashed potatoes one year using my mothers electric mixing bowl and the potatoes were not fully soft although they appeared at least to me to be soft enough to put them in the mixer. I turned it on high speed and it threw potatoes everywhere from the ceiling to the walls...
it was a mess.:giggle: With milk a mayo already added nonetheless! Ew...

Well, let's just say that to this day, I don't know whether it's supposed to be breast side up or down. Somebody clue me in before Thursday !!!

*Ahem*, are we still talking turkey, PFH?

^^^Breast up!

How do I know which side is breast side up?

(hangs head in shame. I am SUCH a dunce here.)

So there's little leggies. Is that on the breast side or is that what goes face down? Somebody draw me a picture, please !!

*snickering*...when I first got my own apartment....I decided to invite friends over for Thanksgiving dinner. The turkey I bought was still frozen. Never having to cook a turkey in my life, well, I thought..."what can be so hard about it"?...Just throw it in the oven at 350, let it cook for an hour....and it's done!

You guys know the rest of the story!..It was horrible....

*snickering*...when I first got my own apartment....I decided to invite friends over for Thanksgiving dinner. The turkey I bought was still frozen. Never having to cook a turkey in my life, well, I thought..."what can be so hard about it"?...Just throw it in the oven at 350, let it cook for an hour....and it's done!

You guys know the rest of the story!..It was horrible....

:lol: Your dinner was memorable for all the wrong reasons.

how do i know which side is breast side up?

(hangs head in shame. I am such a dunce here.)

so there's little leggies. Is that on the breast side or is that what goes face down? Somebody draw me a picture, please !!

turkey.jpg

Back