Thanksgiving dinner - what to serve?

Thought I would share the recipe for my cranberry fruit jello for anyone that would like it.

Cranberry Salad
Serves 8-10

2 small or 1 large red jello
3 cups water
1 small can crushed pineapple
2 oranges (1 unpeeled, 1 peeled, cut into eighths)
1 pound cranberries
2 apples, cored, cut into eighths
3 cups sugar

Grind the oranges, cranberries and apples together in food grinder.
Add the fruit and sugar to the jello after it cools slightly. Watch liquids. If the oranges are real juicy, use less water. Chill and serve.

**Tip: grind the oranges last as the juice will clean the apple and cranberries out of the grinder.

Which Jello? There is more than one flavor that is red.

Also, for the packaged items the way sizes keep changing how about giving the size can in ounces that it contains and Jello in number of servings.

Assume fresh cranberries.

Which Jello? There is more than one flavor that is red.

Also, for the packaged items the way sizes keep changing how about giving the size can in ounces that it contains and Jello in number of servings.

Assume fresh cranberries.

Does not matter what flavor jello. This year I used cranberry, but we always used either strawberry or cherry. Jello only comes in 2 sizes. The four 1/2 cup servings or the eight 1/2 cup servings, small or large. Same with the pineapple. There is either a large or a small can and it calls for the small can of crushed pineapple.

The cranberries are fresh. It calls for a pound and the bags are 12 ounces, so we just use 1 bag.

Back