Thank You :)

This reminds me of the time my hearing sister teased me about understanding the deaf. At no avail I told her that she has to be deaf in order to understand deaf culture, and she waved it off with the comment, "If you want to understand the culture of monkeys, do you ask a monkey or an anthropologist?" I was speechless, but it made me think. :lol:

That's a good one!:lol: But wait...was she comparing deaf people to monkeys? (j/k)

She is maybe afraid, make doesn't understand sense that is why! she is very leaving quicky maybe I guess she is shy or no idea point!

She is maybe afraid, make doesn't understand sense that is why! she is very leaving quicky maybe I guess she is shy or no idea point!

I think you are partly right about afraid, but I don't think she is shy. I think she isn't used to being told she is wrong.

And being told by a lot of people at one time that she is wrong. And refusing to back down when she started acting childish.

I think you are partly right about afraid, but I don't think she is shy. I think she isn't used to being told she is wrong.

And being told by a lot of people at one time that she is wrong. And refusing to back down when she started acting childish.

I understand clear!, oh i see really she is seems acting childish! that is why reason, she awkward to how feeling fear! don't be scared! because learn encourage to her, she is seems not there on show up! selfish! that is why!! reason! wise people help her, tough!

I think it's a shame if any hearing people who want to understand/ learn more about Deaf culture leave because someone tells them they are wrong. I know that the ONLY way I can truly understand is to be corrected when I make a mistake...and if that "correction" looks like a slap upside the head, then so be it.

If hearing people, like myself and like blaqueinque, really want to understand then we have to be prepared to be told off if we say something insensitive, and to be corrected if we misunderstand or mess up. We can't understand unless we let go of the defensiveness. The people who know Deafness best are the people who LIVE it, right?

I think it's a shame if any hearing people who want to understand/ learn more about Deaf culture leave because someone tells them they are wrong. I know that the ONLY way I can truly understand is to be corrected when I make a mistake...and if that "correction" looks like a slap upside the head, then so be it.

If hearing people, like myself and like blaqueinque, really want to understand then we have to be prepared to be told off if we say something insensitive, and to be corrected if we misunderstand or mess up. We can't understand unless we let go of the defensiveness. The people who know Deafness best are the people who LIVE it, right?
wow that is surprised! I can't images what are you said! I think so pretty not her is very really problem!! shame or afraid! she is leaving no idea!

Agreed. And the people who really want to understand and join in don't run away at the first salvo! :wave:

Agreed. And the people who really want to understand and join in don't run away at the first salvo! :wave:

Depends on their state of mind, depression is an awful thing, I don't know in this case but don't judge too harshly.

Well said. Totally agree.

wow that is surprised! I can't images what are you said! I think so pretty not her is very really problem!! shame or afraid! she is leaving no idea!

Well...I haven't been slapped upside the head yet... but I am okay with it if I say the wrong thing!:lol:

To the bolded: Absolutely. Just remember that, and you will have no problems learning and accepting the Deaf/deaf perspective!:wave:

Back