Thank you, veterans

Chase

Premium Member
Reaction score
Today is Veterans' Day. Tomorrow is the holiday, the day off for many, but what to be called Armistice Day or Rememberance Day here in the U.S. was always November 11.

Its purpose is to honor men and women who served in the armed forces--The United States Army, The United Stated Navy, The United States Marine Corps, The United States Coast Guard, and The United States Air Force.

To all here at AllDeaf who are veterans, thank you for your service to your country!

This thread deserves the recognition and remembrance of those who served (and presently serving)--therefore, thread will be 'sticky' for the day.

Thanks to all our veterans!!

~RR

For those of you who don't know, Remembrance Day is also an event honoured in Australia, and on 11 November. Is it also remembered in other countries at the same time?

Thank you Chase for noting this event here.

Kangaroo :)

Wow. Not so many to post here. Well, that explained, anyway.

Thank you, veterans, for what you did to our country (USA).

Federal Government agencies are closed today. :D It is so nice for me to be home all the day to catch up errands to do. Puppy and two cats are so happy to seeing me to be home. They slept with me all the night, they keep me warm. ;)

:ty: Veterans

Heart-felt thanks to all my fellow veterans. :P

Thanks.... My late husband was one of vets....He was in the VietNam War.. He was in Navy as an engineer in the submarines...

Thanks to all VETS.....

You are welcome. It was my pleasure to serve my country so that we may enjoy our freedom in the USA. God bless America!!

Yesterday morning, our church had a special ceremony for Veterans Day. The church was decorated with bunting. Many church member veterans wore their uniforms. Uniformed church members presented the Colors, and we said the pledges to the flags. Then the choir sang a medley of armed services' songs. When they sang the song that represented those members' service, then those people stood. Of course Hubby and I stood for "Anchors Away". :P Then they showed a special video on the big screen. It included general patriotic pictures and music. It also included pictures of our church members in their military uniforms, and as they are now. It was really cool, especially to see how different people looked when they were young. After that, we sang patriotic songs.

Thank u too all. Thank to my dad, my grandpa, my uncles, my nieces' husband, my brother in law and friends. I know it was not easy for some of them came back home after war. God bless them.

:ty:All the vets who served and are serving currently in the military. My late grandfather was a Vet, Love you grandpa!

Boith of my grandfathers served in WWII. My paternal grandfather was in the Air Force and flew B-29s which were known for the bombing missions. He flew over much of Europe. He passed away from cancer in 1988. My maternal grandfather served in the navy and landed on Normandy beach 2 days after the initial D-day invasion. He is still alive and kicking after all these years.

I love both of my grandfathers very much and I thank them for having served to help keep America free.

Thanks to all the Vets especially the ones who have sacrified their lives for this country.

My grandfather served in WWII..bless his heart.

You are welcome. It was my pleasure to serve my country so that we may enjoy our freedom in the USA. God bless America!!

Ah, I never knew you were one of them. Are you still a veteran to this day ? :)

Thanks to all veterans who serves our country. :bowdown: Lol

Ah, I never knew you were one of them. Are you still a veteran to this day ? :)

Thanks to all veterans who serves our country. :bowdown: Lol
Thanks Maria and yes I am a veteran. A veteran is someone that has served in the US armed forces in the past but is no longer on active duty. Those people will remain veterans for the rest of their life.

Sel90 and Maria, you are both very sweet to honor veterans. Thank you. However, Veterans' Day is to honor vets still alive. That's why a lot of us marched in parades last weekend.

Memorial Day in May is to honor those who sacrifieced their lives for their country.

This reminds me of the confusion my two small grandsons had. I took them to the Vietnam Wall, the traveling version of the memorial in Washington D.C.

The looked and looked and looked. I was proud that they seem to study each and every name. Finally, they returned and one said, "Grampa, we thought you went to Vietnam two times."

"I did," I said.

"Then how come we can't find your name?"

When I explained the names were of men and women who died in Vietnam, they were disappointed at first, then said they were glad I was only a veteran and not a hero. I had to laugh.

It's all good. These questions and comments help the younger generations to understand holidays and what they have to do with history.

Back