Texas Dad and the rapist/molester....

kokonut

Reaction score
A father has every right to protect his young daughter, including use of excessive force, in the case of rape/molestation.

The father, whose name has not been released by authorities, claims he caught the man trying to molest his 4-year-old daughter on his ranch Saturday. Although Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon said the girl’s father is unlikely to be arrested, District Attorney Heather McMinn told FoxNews.com the case remains under investigation and that the Texas Rangers have joined the probe.

“Once completed, [results of the investigation] will be forwarded to the district attorney’s office and it will be taken to a grand jury,” McMinn told FoxNews.com. “They’re still investigating what happened at this point.”

The grand jury will ultimately decide what charges -- if any -- the girl’s father will face, McMinn said.

Grand jury to get case of Texas dad who beat alleged child molester to death | Fox News

Texas statute in the state's penal code says:
(a) A person is justified in using deadly force against another:

(1) if the actor would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.31; and

(2) when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to protect the actor against the other’s use or attempted use of unlawful deadly force; or

(B) to prevent the other’s imminent commission of aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery, or aggravated robbery…

(c) A person who has a right to be present at the location where the deadly force is used, who has not provoked the person against whom the deadly force is used, and who is not engaged in criminal activity at the time the deadly force is used is not required to retreat before using deadly force as described by this section.
TEX PE. CODE ANN. § 9.32 : Texas Statutes - Section 9.32: DEADLY FORCE IN DEFENSE OF PERSON

If this actually happened then the Dad shouldn't be charged.

You'll get no arguments from me, if this man goes free; provided they do DNA testing, to assure that the dead man was the assailant.

Hell hath no fury like when a parent sees his child being raped, molested or hurt....I would have shot him until my shotgun was empty and would reload time and time again....This child rapist did not deserve the air we breathe.

Kudo that dad protecting his daughter. I don't think it would be fair if dad being charged, it would double punishment for that poor girl.

Justice is done here.

For me, of course I would do same thing and it won't be pretty. I would much likely kick his balls, how many times? This is to be determined cause I won't be able to think straight.

I'd do the same thing even if a dog was attacking a little girl for no good reason. Better the dog than the girl.

I'd do the same thing even if a dog was attacking a little girl for no good reason. Better the dog than the girl.

Only, in this case, the dog would be given more sympathy. And rightly so.

Only, in this case, the dog would be given more sympathy. And rightly so.

None from me. Only idiots would give more sympathy to a dog than a little girl getting mauled and has no way of defending herself.

None from me. Only idiots would give more sympathy to a dog than a little girl getting mauled and has no way of defending herself.

Um, gee....I think you need to reread this. I was comparing the dog to the dead guy in Texas.

Um, gee....I think you need to reread this. I was comparing the dog to the dead guy in Texas.

Dead dog > dead guy on the sympathy factor.

Gotcha. But both don't deserve sympathy.

But I don't know if there are sympathies being generated for the dead guy right now.

Kudo that dad protecting his daughter. I don't think it would be fair if dad being charged, it would double punishment for that poor girl.

Justice is done here.

For me, of course I would do same thing and it won't be pretty. I would much likely kick his balls, how many times? This is to be determined cause I won't be able to think straight.

Cut 'em off and stick them down his throat..and plug up his arse with the shotgun and fire away....:giggle:...by the time we kill him, he'll look worse than the zombie that was eating the homeless guys face....

Dead dog > dead guy on the sympathy factor.

Gotcha. But both don't deserve sympathy.

But I don't know if there are sympathies being generated for the dead guy right now.

Well, as with Zimmerman case, there needs to be an investigation before I am 100% with the "no sympathy" team. Right now, I have none. It could change if there is something found during investigation that says he is innocent. Let's not forget the need for conviction here. Rushing to judgment is wrong, regardless of the horror of the crime. OK?

Well, as with Zimmerman case, there needs to be an investigation before I am 100% with the "no sympathy" team. Right now, I have none. It could change if there is something found during investigation that says he is innocent. Let's not forget the need for conviction here. Rushing to judgment is wrong, regardless of the horror of the crime. OK?

Well said...and realllly nice of you.

See post #1...last line.

Read post #2, from me.

I am done playing hot potato here. We are both agreeing, yet we cannot agree. I give up.

I saw your #2 comment. I'm making it clear on my part that there is no rush to judgement.

I saw that on the news before bedtime...The lady from the area said the killing was justified and I totally agreed.

BTW, homeless guy with no face is getting better. He is walking around in the hospital.

Wirelessly posted

Steinhauer said:
interesting .... SYG law is applauded in this case.

The father was protecting a small child that could not defend herself to a grown man. SYG is an awesome law for people that does not abuse it.

Was it proven that the daughter had indeed been sexually assaulted? If she was, no way would I blame the father. Those who say he took the law in his own hands cannot imagine the horror he faced when he saw the man assaulting his daughter, and the majority of us cannot say we wouldn't have done the same thing. Pretty sure I know what my husband would have done...

Last edited:
Back