Terry Schiavo Avatars/signatures

Oceanbreeze said:
Uh, no.. This didn't get to be known until AFTER Terri's parents made that biased video of her and disseminated it on the internet. This drama went on for YEARS before anybody even knew Terri's name. In my opinion, it should have stayed that way. We should have never heard the name "Terri Schiavo".

Err.. Uncorrected! The life and death tug-of-war over Terri Schiavo for 12 years of court battle, that what made it out in public, That's how the nation world knows about Terri Schiavo, Don't you dare finger pointing onto the parents, Did you forget that Michael went on CNN Larry King Live? Seems like to me, You love to blame it on the parents, never once on Michael. :whistle:

Cheri said:
Err.. Uncorrected! The life and death tug-of-war over Terri Schiavo for 12 years of court battle, that what made it out in public, That's how the nation world knows about Terri Schiavo, Don't you dare finger pointing onto the parents, Did you forget that Michael went on CNN Larry King Live? Seems like to me, You love to blame it on the parents, never once on Michael. :whistle:

I blame the parents, so what? You have your opinion and I have mine. As for when the public knew about the Schiavo saga, it wasn't until after the video was made of her. Why do you think they made that video in the first place? It was so try and show how alledgedly conscience she was. If they were winning their court battle, that video would have never been made.

It's a shame that murderers on death row get more consideration than a woman who did nothing to anyone. I was really sad by the passing of Terri.... I am also sad that she was never given the chance to live and get the help she needed, she had emotions and reacted to other people inculded her family... Our courts and our Government failed by not looking at all the evidence of Terri's condition and what Michael has done... I never thought that I would ever be ashamed to be an American until now and I have no sympathy for her husband.... He was already engaged and has children, living his new life... I feel really bad for her parents and for Terri as well too....And the reason why some of us have her in our memories is because I feel Terri Schiavo's life is a message to us all and there is a lesson to be learned for all of us....I intend to keep my image in my signature this month to remember her and how she touch our lives in a way we never image it could happen to someone like her.....

Rest in peace Terri and fly HIGH!

^Angel^ said:
It's a shame that murderers on death row get more consideration than a woman who did nothing to anyone. I was really sad by the passing of Terri.... I am also sad that she was never given the chance to live and get the help she needed, she had emotions and reacted to other people inculded her family... Our courts and our Government failed by not looking at all the evidence of Terri's condition and what Michael has done... I never thought that I would ever be ashamed to be an American until now and I have no sympathy for her husband.... He was already engaged and has children, living his new life... I feel really bad for her parents and for Terri as well too....And the reason why some of us have her in our memories is because I feel Terri Schiavo's life is a message to us all and there is a lesson to be learned for all of us....I intend to keep my image in my signature this month to remember her and how she touch our lives in a way we never image it could happen to someone like her.....

Rest in peace Terri and fly HIGH!

Depends on who and what you believe.

Oceanbreeze said:
Depends on who and what you believe.

Errrmm.....That's right this is what I believe and this is my opinion, respect it like I do for yours, it seem to me you're jumping the gun here by getting all upset cause there are two sides of it and yet it seem you can not take it, so learn to accept that everyone see things differently...

Oceanbreeze said:
I blame the parents, so what? You have your opinion and I have mine. As for when the public knew about the Schiavo saga, it wasn't until after the video was made of her. Why do you think they made that video in the first place? It was so try and show how alledgedly conscience she was. If they were winning their court battle, that video would have never been made.

Don't speak for me, which I am one of American people, I only had read the newspapers, watched the news that's how I knew about Terri Schiavo, and the long tug-of-war over court battles. I knew nothing about the videos until a member posted a link of a website after the news article was posted. ;)

Cheri said:
Don't speak for me, which I am one of American people, I only had read the newspapers, watched the news that's how I knew about Terri Schiavo, and the long tug-of-war over court battles. I knew nothing about the videos until a member posted a link of a website after the news article was posted. ;)

Who said anything about me speaking for you? :confused:

Oceanbreeze said:
I feel for you, man. I do. Because, you're right. It seems very unfair for a single person to become well known for something that happens to other people every single day in this country. I support the right to die with dignity, but I can certainly agree with you that giving attention to one person over another is wrong. If we're going to memorialize Terri Schaivo, then, we should feel the same way about other people, too.

Very true. I agree. Not just Terry Schiavo.

^Angel^ said:
Errrmm.....That's right this is what I believe and this is my opinion, respect it like I do for yours, it seem to me you're jumping the gun here by getting all upset cause there are two sides of it and yet it seem you can not take it, so learn to accept that everyone see things differently...

I will; if you will.

CyberRed said:
Very true. I agree. Not just Terry Schiavo.

What about Tongueonfire? Since members have posted avatars and signatures of her, when other people had been in her situation too? There are people that don't know her personally while others know her personally still have her in their hearts. If anyone doesn't want Terri in their hearts it's up to them. Nobody should say it's wrong that we still be carrying someone's picture just to show that she is remembered in our hearts. ;)

Just my two cents.

Cheri said:
What about Tongueonfire? Since members have posted avatars and signatures of her, when other people had been in her situation too? There are people that don't know her personally while others know her personally still have her in their hearts. If anyone doesn't want Terri in their hearts it's up to them. Nobody should say it's wrong that we still be carrying someone's picture just to show that she is remembered in our hearts. ;)

Just my two cents.

Nobody is. That's just how you perceive this.

Cheri said:

Just my two cents.

That's why I said " NOT just Terry Schiavo " when I agree with OB's comments " we should feel the same way about other people, too " - that means it includes TongueOnFire as well -- NOT just Terry Schiavo only. Understand ? I hope I make this clear for you. :)

Cheri said:
What about Tongueonfire? Since members have posted avatars and signatures of her, when other people had been in her situation too? There are people that don't know her personally while others know her personally still have her in their hearts. If anyone doesn't want Terri in their hearts it's up to them. Nobody should say it's wrong that we shouldn't still be carrying someone's picture just to show that she is remembered in our hearts. ;)

Just my two cents.

Exactly sis, the only reason they say that cause they can't keep their personal beef against another member out of AD where it's doesn't belong

I'm glad there's ignore button in here, cause it's getting really tiresome of the same people intend to make it harder on some people who wants to post in this forum....That's sad :(

CyberRed said:
That's why I said " NOT just Terry Schiavo " when I agree with OB's comments " we should feel the same way about other people, too " - that means it includes TongueOnFire as well -- NOT just Terry Schiavo only. Understand ? I hope I make this clear for you. :)

Well, here's how I feel about this. I feel that NOBODY should be singled out. Everyone deserves the same treatment and attention. Terri Schiavo was put on the news, because, she was considered vulnerable, and lets face it. It made for good TV drama. It did.

As for ToF, she was remembered, because she was well liked amongst the people here. However, I wonder if this could be said of someone who wasn't so well liked? Would we give the same curteousy to that someone if they weren't as well liked? My guess is no.

Well, I think a signature or avatar is of personal preference - if a person wants to memoralize someone in his/her signature, then go for it.

Frankly, I don't think there is any need or use to criticize someone for wanting to remember a person - if I wanted to remember ... let's say, my grandmother, then no one has the right to criticize me because it's MY signature, MY decision to remember this person, MY wish to do so.

If ^Angel^ or Cheri wants to remember Terri in their signatures, I say all the more power to them - and if LovelyBlkGal wants to remember TOF in HER signature, then all the more power to her, too.

It's OUR personal preference, OUR decision.

And to be negative in our postings about this, is not proper or even warranted.

OB : Right, I believe in fairness and treat everyone the same - no difference and no favors.

DreamDeaf said:
Well, I think a signature or avatar is of personal preference - if a person wants to memoralize someone in his/her signature, then go for it.

Frankly, I don't think there is any need or use to criticize someone for wanting to remember a person - if I wanted to remember ... let's say, my grandmother, then no one has the right to criticize me because it's MY signature, MY decision to remember this person, MY wish to do so.

If ^Angel^ or Cheri wants to remember Terri in their signatures, I say all the more power to them - and if LovelyBlkGal wants to remember TOF in HER signature, then all the more power to her, too.

Exactly Thank you my dear DreamDeaf :hug:

DreamDeaf said:

:gpost: You said it better than I would. ;)

CyberRed said:
OB : Right, I believe in fairness and treat everyone the same - no difference and no favors.

Right. It makes me angry to see people singled out, because, they are considered news worthy based on what will sell to the public. The public had no right getting involved in the Schiavo mess. None at all. The public had no right being at the hospice protesting and disrupting operations there. They had no right, and they wouldn't have been there if the Schindlers had just accepted what was going to happen, and dealt with it as a family rather than dragging things out like they did.

It's sad though - this question started out as a honest question to someone about her signature - and it was explained out honestly - now this is becoming a unwanted discussion on the publicity of Terri's life and death.

I feel that this is totally out of place and completely tasteless.

Let's bring this back to the original topic, please.

Back