Tell us something about yourself?

Freaks! :)

I may be ambidextrous. Though I do most things right handed.
I can right left handed if I have to (or just for the fun of it).
I throw a frisbee better with my left hand/arm than with my right.

I can shake my eyeballs at a high speed and freak people out.

I can bend my thumbs completely backwards over the back of my hand and *almost* touch my wrist.

Hitchhiker's thumb . Recessive trait.

Not exactly. I pull my thumb over my first finger knuckle, pull it across the back of my hand and around pointing backwards at me. People freak out.

Not exactly. I pull my thumb over my first finger knuckle, pull it across the back of my hand and around pointing backwards at me. People freak out.

You need to put up a pix of that and freak out people on here. :lol:

I am Cree mostly but I do have Cherokee blood on my father's side. I am more into Cree than Cherokee. In my father's family, they never spoke of what happened during the Trail Tears (not sure If I got the title right as it was a long time ago close to the end of the 1800) that make the Cherokees move from Tennessee and Kentucky to move to Oklahoma. My great grandmother had escaped from her people and hide into the mountains. But she hide her identity too. She did tell her children of her past a little bit. It is really a taboo not to talk about being Cherokee. My grandmother was ashamed and very hurt about that.

As for traditional rites and ceremonies, no, I have never been involved in them. I am not the only one. Few of them like me were never involved in traditional rites or ceremonies. Now we start children from school here in the reservation have rites like naming ceremonies. I have never have any naming ceremony and so are my husband's family and himself too. Never had one. That is sad. We are pretty much a modern Indians here. :(

It is called Trail of Tears. I when to OK to visit some friends and they brought me to a Native American art store. I brought a painting called Trail of Tears. I have always been very interesting Native American
history . My daughter's father had a great grandmother that was Cherokee so my daughter has a little Cherokee blood in her. I think it wonderful that children are having naming ceremonies , I always thought it was very sad that your people where robbed of their culture and way of life.
I love animals of all kinds , I loved to take walks in the woods with Finlay,
I miss this a lot. I try to to keep up to date with what is going on in my small city and go when to meetings to speak out against the landfill. I am now trying to find a new dog. I love to spend time with my daughter and granddaughter.

im left handed sign left handed..
ummm.....
I am an inch away from having to wear a booster seat while driving.. ha!:P

I can shake my eyeballs at a high speed and freak people out.

I can do that too ;-) I wasn't sure if I was the only one. Everyone used to tell me they'd get stuck. Funny thing, that never happened.

Left handed (write with both) Left footed and right eyed

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

I have a strange thumb. I can do a thumb dance and freak people out, LOL!

Back