tell me what you like about gothic?

thunderlionman

Reaction score
i have a few gothic friends.. funny but i am not .. some say i use quite a few black shirts like gothic way . mmm.. strange !! :devil: i am curious .. what you know of about them?? explore their world mmm

Editing this post now.

okay, now that I've got enough sleep... I'm ready to tell you all about what it means to be a gothic person. lol

first here's some good links to look up all things gothic..

Study of Goths

it's very good for getting a lot of knowlege on many things. you should read this first. :)

and also some good amusing termlogy is here too

http://www.darkwaver.com/subculture/definition.php#batcave

Now for why I'm an goth in an sense of the word...

well, It's very hard to explain. but snice I was a little girl, I've always had an fascation for all things dark and morbid... I would even write tons of stories about death... despite the fact that it was very strange for a six-year old girl to do something like that.
I deeply loved the dark, supernatural things... and I would often cut myself, not because I was suidical, but so that I could become more in touch with myself, to get a focus of things.

"To acquire a sense of focus": People who try to achieve focus despite pain are testing the limits of mind over matter and experimenting with their pain tolerance level, to see if they can take it. People who focus on the pain are trying to overwhelm any other trivialities which may be distracting them. They are trying to become more in touch with their body and its mortality.

taken from that first link.

I was an true goth before I even heard of that word and knew what it meant.

It's not about dressing up, although for some it is. to me, it is all about an outlook on life, although not nesccessarly an dark, moody one.....
it's all about appercating the frailies andbeauty of mortality; and also the beauty of death and pain... for even many people fear those two things, it also brings meaning to the more beautiful things, such as life itself and estacasy that people learn to appericate so much more.

Last edited:
I apparently agree everything she said, well its true that gothic means that a person looks into the dark side of their lives/ passions/sorrowness or probably their appearnces.

it can be related to poetry or the past they had that cannot be forgotten for their sake. it has so many meanings though. well i'm not fully a gothic but i've been thru it. any question just ask.

interesting

Sailor Aurora said:
Editing this post now.

okay, now that I've got enough sleep... I'm ready to tell you all about what it means to be a gothic person. lol

first here's some good links to look up all things gothic..

Study of Goths

it's very good for getting a lot of knowlege on many things. you should read this first. :)

and also some good amusing termlogy is here too

http://www.darkwaver.com/subculture/definition.php#batcave

Now for why I'm an goth in an sense of the word...

well, It's very hard to explain. but snice I was a little girl, I've always had an fascation for all things dark and morbid... I would even write tons of stories about death... despite the fact that it was very strange for a six-year old girl to do something like that.
I deeply loved the dark, supernatural things... and I would often cut myself, not because I was suidical, but so that I could become more in touch with myself, to get a focus of things.

taken from that first link.

I was an true goth before I even heard of that word and knew what it meant.

It's not about dressing up, although for some it is. to me, it is all about an outlook on life, although not nesccessarly an dark, moody one.....
it's all about appercating the frailies andbeauty of mortality; and also the beauty of death and pain... for even many people fear those two things, it also brings meaning to the more beautiful things, such as life itself and estacasy that people learn to appericate so much more.
i have a deaf friend a girl.. she is a goth too mm she told me she had cut her wrist to get out of realioty to feel ease ..feeling strange like going into a different world but said tried suicide but then said found something to thrill herself with strange feeling like you said the part you saifd there explained.... i can send you the site , its a yound cartoon goth girl emily the strange .. think it a cool site can buy a shirt , necklace etc.. somehow got into it as i found it. theres alot much i found in those site..i still wear black shirt ..gothic that some people think they are strange however i did exlpore some of their world . i see they got feelings as we are but different...etc

I'm sort of gothic myself too because I dress in dark clothes alot...I dunno I guess I look good in black or whatever like that.

lol even my brother tells me that I look like a serial killer dressed in all black...but damn just respect my fashion style! ><

gothic isn't pure evil or whatever like that...it's just...a weird and unexplainable style, yet it's kinda cool in alot of ways, you know?

Uhhh...I think that we need to focus on a person as an individual and cast aside the labels...like "black," "white," or "goth."

Not judging anyone here - hey, to each their own, you know? But I dunno about the whole gothic ensemble. I mean, I love black. I wear it almost every day. It's a rare occasion that you'll find me in pastels. I hate pretty girly shit colors. I honestly do. I do have a few things that are obviously girly, but I just don't see the point in coloring my hair jet-black, painting my fingernails midnight or uh...cutting my wrists to "get in touch with myself." I did my own form of self-injury at one point in my life, but I had different reasons for it. Piercings, too. I look at someone who has a pierced navel and cringe. I can't imagine piercing nipples, peenies, or tongues. Uh, no thank you, ma'am.

Those who show me respect are the ones I return the favor to. Goths are people too, and that's all I see 'em as. I'm just not much for the wardrobe. ;)

Most of time I wear dark colors but sometimes light or white colors..... depends on occassions.. i hate to wear sissy girly colors too but sometimes I wear them anyways... I rarely wear pink! I hate wear pink!!!!!

i wear gothic clothes too.. i just do cuz they look good on me.. but i know absolutely nothing about gothic and what is most strange thing is.. i am not into death, and etc im very outgoing and everything.. i just like to freak people out on bus heheh heres a pic of me in gothic .. now.. its not daily wear for me.. most of time i just wear whatever it is comfortable to wear :-D

thunderlionman said:
i have a few gothic friends.. funny but i am not .. some say i use quite a few black shirts like gothic way . mmm.. strange !! :devil: i am curious .. what you know of about them?? explore their world mmm

Why did you put the topic about gothic in the Penisarium thread?? That shows that you have NO respect for other people who are gothic.

MOD: Please put this thread in properly thread. Thanks !

Last edited:
SpiceHD said:
i wear gothic clothes too.. i just do cuz they look good on me.. but i know absolutely nothing about gothic and what is most strange thing is.. i am not into death, and etc im very outgoing and everything.. i just like to freak people out on bus heheh heres a pic of me in gothic .. now.. its not daily wear for me.. most of time i just wear whatever it is comfortable to wear :-D

My son and his girlfriend are wearing like that. They like to be different style people than other people. They love the metal music. Misfied ?? I can't spell the name of the band. He used to be admire Marlyin Manson but not now.

I do not appreciate that thunderlionman posts the wrong thread to discuss about gothic style people in Penisarium. He shows that he has no respect for other people who are gothic.

You look cool in your picture. I will show this to my son. I must admit that I pray that he will wear properly clothes after he finish his High School. It will be very difficult to hire him anywhere in the jobs. At least if he applied a job at Hot Topic or Newbury Cominaic stores.

dont decide this.. you r wrong

you not know the fact. i accidently put it in the wrong place. i wasnt on site for a few month, not know it was in a wrong place.. you are wrong about me. i repect these people thank you !

I don't know what is so wonderful about wearing black. As a terp, 90% of my wardrobe is black. I'm sick of it.

i LOVE wearing black -- ive always liked black clothing altho i dont DRESS gothic in a real sense tho

I sometimes dress gothic at times. There was a time when I had black jeans, black t-shirt, chain necklace, chain belt and keychains, etc. ;)

Gothic is not normal.

John 3:17-21 from NIV "19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.”

Supported Fact from this thread-
Sailor Aurora said:
"well, It's very hard to explain. but snice I was a little girl, I've always had an fascation for all things dark and morbid... I would even write tons of stories about death... despite the fact that it was very strange for a six-year old girl to do something like that.

and

it's all about appercating the frailies andbeauty of mortality; and also the beauty of death and pain... for even many people fear those two things, it also brings meaning to the more beautiful things, such as life itself and estacasy that people learn to appericate so much more."

Sorry for my blunt but it is a fact.

what do i like about Gothic ? I do like some of
these Gothic mansions (some beautiful designs :)

mainview1.jpg

(pssst: this is the future home for Alldeaf we will be
having a grand Christmas party there for all members
except the ones who aggravated/disgusted me, just kidding.. ha )
Hmm, I'd love to go ATV and/or snowmobiling circling
around that Gothic mansion... and breathe fresh air...
Awesome...

Last edited:
Crazymanw00t said:
Gothic is not normal.

John 3:17-21 from NIV "19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.”

Supported Fact from this thread-

Sorry for my blunt but it is a fact.

I can assure you that goth does not define evil, and I'm surprised you would claim it as fact. Based on your other posts, you should know that Evil comes in many shapes, sizes, and forms. Because one dresses in black or likes goth doesn't define evil. Because one has a different outlook on life (or death in this matter) doesn't make them evil. I know plenty of goth people who did more good and plenty of 'normal' people who played the evil part. With your religious studies, I'm suprised that your sight would be so narrow.

its' just a lifestyle, and some people just are attracted to it by nature but for wearing black... I think its attractive because it makes people look thinner ;)

Taylor said:
I can assure you that goth does not define evil, and I'm surprised you would claim it as fact. Based on your other posts, you should know that Evil comes in many shapes, sizes, and forms. Because one dresses in black or likes goth doesn't define evil. Because one has a different outlook on life (or death in this matter) doesn't make them evil. I know plenty of goth people who did more good and plenty of 'normal' people who played the evil part. With your religious studies, I'm suprised that your sight would be so narrow.

Oh I wasn't doing my English at my best. I was trying to say it is fact that what Sail's comments applied to the verse with "death", "Cut", and darkness.

Yes with that "you should know that Evil comes in many shapes, sizes, and forms."
One dresses in black or likes goth doesn't define evil.
You are right. I am saying It is not normal for my view, if people wears black clothing for everyday in their life. That is my opinion.

I know plenty of goth people who did more good and plenty of 'normal' people who played the evil part.

Let me clear this up for you with verse.
Ezekiel 3:19 NIV
19 But if you do warn the wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his evil ways, he will die for his sin; but you will have saved yourself.
2 Chronicles 7:14 NIV
14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

I gave this verses to you to clear up that you should not let people practice, few or big or anything about evil thoughts. They did some of evil actions and they are not normal people. If you do sin and you need to ask for forgive and try to not do it repeatly.

My life experience. At Gallaudet dorm and everyone was playing poker and gambling with something. They asked me to join to play with them and I told them, "No I can't do it because it is sin and I showed them my bible compact book." They were amazed that I told them, no it is sin and I showed them the bible. I am showing them about Jesus's way. People are watching on every Christian to see if they follows Jesus Christ's way.

My practical religious is Christian. We should not mix anything with Bible. Bible is righteous way of living. That is why I am little too blunt or harsh to some of you. I only take from Bible's verse to explain you with anything. I cannot tell you what to do without Bible. Man's thoughts filled with sins and we need to read bible to washes our sins away and place our life on right track with Jesus Christ.

Man I can give you thousands verses right now, but I am tried. I need go sleep, lol I repeated it for second time.

Sources www.biblegateway.com, www.gospelcom.net, www.billygraham.org, and more if ask me.

Last edited:
Back