Teacher Calling Student "A Loser"

Polls are virtually useless and tell absolutely nothing except about a very very limited sampling. No predictive value at all, either.

It isn't Obama's NCLB. Evidently you don't have any better grasp on this topic than you do on the DSM. You need to read a bit more thoroughly. Obviously you missed the phrase "changes to"

Did you miss the part about "Obama's overhaul of the NCLB".

Overhaul is a very important word. It essentially means "Obama's version".

Which could translate to ..... Obama's NCLB.

Did you miss the part about "Obama's overhaul of the NCLB".

Overhaul is a very important word. It essentially means "Obama's version".

Which could translate to ..... Obama's NCLB.

Only in your world.:roll: You seem to love to attempt the semantics game. Practice a bit and then come back.

This individual has no business in a classroom, or having contact with impressionable children at all.

She reminds me of my 6h grade teacher. :shock: Neither of them have any business in school.

Hahaha, I've been called worse than a "Loser" by my teachers. This is very tame.

And guess what, I think I'm fine. Some people do need to have tougher skin.

I think teacher should admit that he's a LOSER to entire school and be fired in front of an audience how that will make him? feel lousy like it did to the student I find that stupid if you guys ever ask me :roll:

Agreed. This is contradictory to an open learning environment. Children do not learn anything by being bullied, except to have a negative self image.

Well if this girl develops self-esteem issues such as anorexia nervosa and self-mutilation then we can safely blame this teacher and they can be the one to pay for this girl's medical expenses. Seriously.

Well if this girl develops self-esteem issues such as anorexia nervosa and self-mutilation then we can safely blame this teacher and they can be the one to pay for this girl's medical expenses. Seriously.

Absolutely. Self harm goes hand in hand with low self esteem.

Absolutely. Self harm goes hand in hand with low self esteem.

My sixth grade teacher was worse than this one in the op's post. I was one of the more vulnerable one due to both a ocd (the results of which was quite visiable) and family problems. I'm not going to disclose it here but let's just say she tended to pick out the most vulnerable students in her class. I wasn't the only one either.

I remember she got mad at our class so she decided to open all all the windows and let us sit in freezing weather once.

The weird thing about this teacher is that she had severe acne scars that marred most of her face. You'd think a disfigurement like this would make her more empathic to others.

My sixth grade teacher was worse than this one in the op's post. I was one of the more vulnerable one due to both a ocd (the results of which was quite visiable) and family problems. I'm not going to disclose it here but let's just say she tended to pick out the most vulnerable students in her class. I wasn't the only one either.

I remember she got mad at our class so she decided to open all all the windows and let us sit in freezing weather once.

The weird thing about this teacher is that she had severe acne scars that marred most of her face. You'd think a disfigurement like this would make her more empathic to others.

All too often, those who should be showing empathy are the least likely to do so. They are of the opinion that their behavior towards others is justified because they have been treated so in the past. They, unfortunately, have never dealt with their own issues so that they could be a benefit to others.

All too often, those who should be showing empathy are the least likely to do so. They are of the opinion that their behavior towards others is justified because they have been treated so in the past. They, unfortunately, have never dealt with their own issues so that they could be a benefit to others.

That's unfortunate. I would hope I have not lost my empathy for others despite my hardship with others.

Exactly.... I understand what the Holocaust survivor was saying when he said not to do any evil to people because you are going to get it back more worse. There are times when I am angry at what the hearing people is doing to the deaf education and I would love to return that back to the hearing people but I know I can't fight something so big (like fighting a tsunami).

Exactly.... I understand what the Holocaust survivor was saying when he said not to do any evil to people because you are going to get it back more worse. There are times when I am angry at what the hearing people is doing to the deaf education and I would love to return that back to the hearing people but I know I can't fight something so big (like fighting a tsunami).

Me too. I have my moments of bitterness towards the hearing but it won't serve them or me well.

Feeling that anger or bitterness is justified and valid. Where the line is drawn is when you use it against others as retaliation.

Feeling that anger or bitterness is justified and valid. Where the line is drawn is when you use it against others as retaliation.

I can be vengeful if I'm bitter enough. That's what I meant by not it serving me or others.

That's awful. :(

An insult from a peer is one thing. An insult from a person in a position of authority, a person you look up to, is another thing entirely.

:nono:

Back