Tax on tanning is racist

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why some people are just loving the concept of being "sun-kissed" to the point of being roasted..

Try those sexy Oompa-Loompas! :naughty:

oompa-loompa-tanned-guidos-3-500x375.jpg

In America, everything will be taxed.

Or so it seems.

I can't believe how many taxes you guys have. :|

It just gets bizarre

THOMPSON: For years I've suggested that racism was in decline and yeah, there are some, you know, incidents that still happen with regards to racism, but most of the claims I've said for years, well, they're not really real. But I realize now that I was wrong. For I now too feel the pain of racism. Racism has been dropped at my front door and the front door of all lighter-skinned Americans. The health care bill the president just singed into law includes a 10 percent tax on all indoor tanning sessions starting July 1st, and I say, who uses tanning? Is it dark-skinned people? I don't think so. I would guess that most tanning sessions are from light-skinned Americans. Why would the President of the United States of America -- a man who says he understands racism, a man who has been confronted with racism -- why would he sign such a racist law? Why would he agree to do that? Well now I feel the pain of racism.

Tanning Salon Tax Is Racist, Says Doc Thompson, Fill-In Host For Glenn Beck

Help fight taxation without representation, join the tea party-I did. Anyway, the real issue is it's another tax being proposed on us. No more new taxes! Start budgeting better like the rest of America!

In America, everything will be taxed.

Or so it seems.

I can't believe how many taxes you guys have. :|
If they did away with the state and federal income taxes, and personal property taxes, then the sales tax wouldn't seem so bad.

If they did away with the state and federal income taxes, and personal property taxes, then the sales tax wouldn't seem so bad.

Are you favor in national sale tax that replace federal payroll tax?

Help fight taxation without representation, join the tea party-I did. Anyway, the real issue is it's another tax being proposed on us. No more new taxes! Start budgeting better like the rest of America!

Tea Party is more extreme and bigot than being solely anti-tax group.

The irony of sin taxes is that...

They're meant to curb addictions, yet they don't cause people to quit. You can tax the crap out of them, and people will still buy. If this goes through, the only venue this can be enforced will be tanning salons... and theoretically it shouldn't affect business because people would still go to them.

A lot of people COULD roll their own cigarettes and make their own beer, ale and cider, but most don't. Why? convenience.

I dont think it is racist. Just another tax on a business that provides health risks.

Completely False.......

How are they bigoted?

txgolfer, no, it is true when you are looking at Tea Party protest, they are ultra right wing, it means against on GLBT, abortion, etc so they aren't solely anti-tax as what Tea Party was for.

Reba, same applies as above, the members of Tea Party called "N" words to black congressmen and "F" word to openly gay congressman during health care protest, of course, they are Tea Party protest.
http://jezebel.com/5498159/tea-party-protesters-shout-the-n+word-at-spit-on-passing-legislators

Yet, the results are the same when one gets skin cancer. The only difference is that vastly more people are under the sun at popular beaches than those in tanning beds. Yet an excuse is made to tax salons. Just like Hillary said a year ago or so, tax anything that moves. Much to the dismay of middle and low income earners.

Again you're ignoring the fact that the sun is omnipresent. Even if it's the same result, taxing something where you have to make a conscious choice and pay money to go there is different from taxing something that is just there, that is the way to and from work or school or the way home.

Anyone thought of this song yet?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuiaspFqEyc]YouTube - Taxman by The Beatles with lyrics[/ame]

Let me tell you how it will be,
There’s one for you, nineteen for me,
‘Cause I’m the Taxman,
Yeah, I’m the Taxman.
Should five per cent appear too small,
Be thankful I don’t take it all.
‘Cos I’m the Taxman,
Yeah, I’m the Taxman.

(If you drive a car ), I’ll tax the street,
(If you try to sit ), I’ll tax your seat,
(If you get too cold ), I’ll tax the heat,
(If you take a walk ), I’ll tax your feet.
Taxman.

‘Cause I’m the Taxman,
Yeah, I’m the Taxman.
Don’t ask me what I want it for
(Taxman! Mister Wilson!)
If you don’t want to pay some more
(Taxman! Mister Heath!),
‘Cause I’m the Taxman,
Yeah, I’m the Taxman.

Now my advice for those who die, (Taxman!)
Declare the pennies on your eyes, (Taxman!)
‘Cause I’m the Taxman,
Yeah, I’m the Taxman.
And you’re working for no-one but me,
(Taxman).

:giggle:

One question...

Is it racist toward people with ligher skin than I since I won't get taxed because I don't get sunburnt easily, or even get much of a tan?

Last time I checked... I am white.

It makes no difference between tanning beds and sunlight.

15 minutes in a tanning bed can equal an hour in the sun.

Both are bad for us.

The key is: moderation.

I have seen girls that are BROWN from tanning, but their skin? Leather because they go every single day. That's too much.

I only use the tanning beds most during the winter to keep the winter whites away, plus it boosts Vitamin D and your emotional state can improve from a 15 minute tan. Same with being outside in the Summer.

Either way, being outside is no different than being inside on a tanning bed.

It all comes down to people being responsible.

'You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink'

the saying applies to the Government

You can raise the taxes but you can't stop people from doing it.

:lol:

Knew it!

People that goes to tanning beds sole purpose is to bake.

People go to beaches for various reasons. Can't tax them just because they are there. What about farmers? They are not out to get a tan. They are out to work. Outdoors activities such as fishing. Etc.

Same as saying ...

You buy beer.... Sole purpose buying it to drink. Tax it.

You go to the grocery store that sells beer. But to buy just groceries. They do not get charged for taxes.

Same for beaches.

It is inevitable! Beer is there at the store. Just like the sun is at the beach. People that goes to the beach. Uses sunblock or sunscreen.

I say don't tax sunscreen!! :)

I don't know but.... doesn't tanning bed emit a very concentrated form of sunlight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back